Subscribe
  1. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #1

I remember that the Obi Wan's jedi academy used to have a tuturial on this. It explained how they used pvc pipes on the interior of the jet pack, and somehow when strapped on it worked out fine. (No pulling of the color and such.) I think that the website is no longer there. If anyone had copied the info on this it would be great for this topic I think.
  2. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #2

Mr. Fett, got any pics of this set-up? I have the same harness, I just haven't made the connection yet.
  3. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #3

Yeah, I just got my backpack last week. I removed the two "L" brackets, because it pushed the jet pack away from my body. Then I sewed the straps from the inside of the jet pack. I made the 2 straps go arouns the wooden dowel that hols the thrusters, then they exit the jet pack about halfway up the back (this keeps the jet pack from tilting backwards, thus not needing the foam on the lower back). Any has two pieces that connect to the bottom of the harness, I don't use these, and the few minutes that I did wear it, I didn't notice any swaying.
  4. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #4

I am curious, has anybody tried to attach the back cover of the jet pack in a way that it can be easily taken off to get inside? I figured it would be convenient to change beacon batteries or what not?

Would velcro work?
  5. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #5

Nice job Toby!

Yeah I have some pics of my set-up, I'll have to dig them up, though.

I have a partially removable backplate to my pack, but it wasn't planned that way. I originally had a different harness system for my pack, but the new one sits higher, so is better. I just duct-taped a new backplate cover from the inside and painted it to match the blue of the pack. You can use it to change batteries and such. I have a mini-maglite with a fake cover as my lightpost, but will replace with one from Dean O eventually.
  6. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #6

Can someone please email me the pics of how it is attached too? I would like to know where to get a good harness system and what it looks like. Thanks!
  7. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #7

Roger-Roger. Thanks for the tip!
  8. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #8

Exactly said. Please post pics of how its done. I'm going crazy waiting this long, and not knowing how its done.
  9. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #9

[quote]Megatron wrote:guys you need to update your links...there is no updated info on this thread.. and why are there no pics posted? signature link?? were there's no link there.

http://www.jedi-academy.com/fett_tip.../TABLE><BBCode
    Ummm, that link works when I click on it. Is anybody else having a problem?
  10. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #10

there was no link there.(in the signature).I put that one up...
  11. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #11

Hey guys, I'm new to the board (gonna start working on a Zam and Jango costume) but I had to comment about the jet pack harness rigs.
    Mike (michaelmax111) has devised an absolutely ingenious way of mounting his jet pack to his harness. The great thing is its quick and easy to mount (you do need a friend) and its rock solid! In addition there are no visible straps since everything is hidden by the vest. We spent almost 8 hours in costume at Chiller this year and the jet pack didn’t budge at all. I'll PM him and see if he will post some pictures.

12. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #12

Originally posted by imprissonedfett:

Is it attached to the backplate or does it run through into the vest? Either way, how can it be held up straight as it should be without pulling you back plate off or strangling you with the vest? I guess pics would do nicely. Thanks.

13. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #13

Originally posted by SonOfAFett:

chaucer44 sells the jet pack harness. I wouldn't try having an 8+ pound jet pack attached solely to the back plate or you'll end up choking yourself with the collar armor. The harness is kind of like suspenders with a strap going across your chest (under your vest). If your back armor doesn't already have cut-out for the straps, you'll need to cut them out first. They are covered by the jet pack, so don't worry about making them perfect. Wait until you have the harness first, otherwise you may cut them in the wrong spot. Good luck.

14. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #14

guys you need to update your links...there is no updated info on this thread..
    and why are there no pics posted?
    signature link?? were there's no link there.

http://www.jedi-academy.com/fett_tips.html
  15. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #15

I used the jedi-academy recommended military radio harness set-up, only mounted the jet pack differently on the radio harness then he did with his.

I have the internal pvc frame in my pack, and have 2 L-Brackets (with extra supports) coming off the bottom crosspiece of pvc. Those L-Brackets slide into the bottom of the radio harness, in between the metal and canvas. The weight is held there. The top crosspiece of pvc has half a quick-clip there, which connects with its mate on the radio harness. Have some foam mounted under the harness across where my lower back is. The pack sits tall like it should, and doesn't hang at an angle away from my body as some packs I've seen have. Works well, but still....carrying a 10 pound pack on your back for hours isn't the most comfortable thing.

SEEKER and SITHCamaro have seen this set-up.
  16. Migrate from As You Wish
    Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 AM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #16

The best set up there is right now. It really good.

art
  17. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 21, 2002, 11:21 PM - Re: Does anyone have pics of how its hold in place? #17

Migrate wrote:Hey guys, I'm new to the board (gonna start working on a Zam and Jango costume) but I had to comment about the jet pack harness rigs.
    Mike (michaelmax111) has devised an absolutely ingenious way of mounting his jet pack to his harness. The great thing is its quick and easy to mount (you do need a friend) and its rock solid! In addition there are no visible straps since everything is hidden by the vest. We spent almost 8 hours in costume at Chiller this year and the jet pack didn’t budge at all. I'll PM him and see if he will post some pictures.
    Any news on him posting pics?