Distracted from the Jetpack build I am working on, I decided to take a look at the gauntlets I got from RKD, which got me to thinking about a dental expander. This got me to thinking I could build a nice approximation of one of the harder to acquire greeblies cheaply. It's not absolutely perfect, but it's pretty nice. I wouldn't want it in my mouth, though! Come to think of it, I wouldn't want the real deal in my mouth either!
I used this thread for reference photo and dimensions.
I used thin scrap aluminum (I had this laying around. I think it was originally from an old lawn chair) and a small galvanized nail.
It took a few tries, but using dimensions I found in another thread I was able to fabricate and drill/file the body. I cut the head off of the nail (and saved it and dremeled a small dot in the center), then cut the shaft to size.