Subscribe
    Oct 10, 2006, 2:42 AM - Deformed Guants #1

So basically the right arm guants are not round enough, and i need them to be basically. So how should i "mold" them. I was thinking of poping them into the toaster oven then tapping them to a tube of roundness and then dumping them into ice water. but im worried of melting them. They are Ruffkins, dont get me wrong he did an awesome job with them but i think that i had something sitting on them too long and squished them. If im not making sense ill try and take pics. Any advice on what to do would be great. Thanks guys/gals.
    Oct 10, 2006, 7:38 AM - Re: Deformed Guants #2

using a heat gun or hair dryer, try heating the interior by fanning the heat back and forth down the length of the gauntlets then press them onto something to mold them to the correct shape, give it a day or so to "cure" and you should be fine....also I'd concentrate the heat near the seams as you don't want to mute or deform the "tops" of the gauntlets. You wouldn't want to loose the details there.
    Oct 10, 2006, 7:40 AM - Re: Deformed Guants #3

Another option is dropping them into boiling water. That will soften it up you won't have to worry about melting them.
    Oct 10, 2006, 5:44 PM - Re: Deformed Guants #4

Excellent ideas, thanks guys. Ill try the hair dryer first...if thqat doesnt work then ill go for the water this weekend. ill let ya know what happens. Thanks agian.