Subscribe
    Mar 31, 2007, 6:35 PM - Decal difference for the new guy #1

Hello I'm new and this is my first post and i am wondering what is the difference between the decals for the pre-pro and aosw. Does it really matter i'm trying for the pre-pro look and i'm not sure of the difference. I've been reading posts for a long time and you guys are amazing i have learned so much. I will post photos when i can for some feedback.
    THX Hogarthfett
    Apr 1, 2007, 12:55 AM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #2

hey man there is a small color difference on the chest symbole, and a few weathering differences. but other than that the insignia is the same. the shoulder bell skull is completely different I know there are some comparison pics floating around TDH somewhere.............hope all goes well for you...
    Last edited by babyfett; Apr 1, 2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: confusion
    Apr 1, 2007, 6:26 PM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #3

Hey thanks i did not know the bells were different , but what i really want to know is the decal difference on the jet pack. My is done with the AOSW ( i think ) and i want to try switching it to the correct pre-pro . But i am not sure if there is much of a difference or where to find and example.
  4. SingleSeat is offline SingleSeat
    Apr 1, 2007, 7:42 PM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #4

As far as I've seen, the decals on every pack are similar to one another. However, the AoSW pack lost its decals long ago and the MoM pack's decals are somewhat eroded. But the PrePro paint job isn't just your daddy's beat-up ROTJ. It would be a totally fresh paint job to do it right.

The PrePro pack is very clean compared to all the exhibit/movie packs, so if you're going in this direction, I'd get some primo ref material ----->>> I don't have the new ref cd yet, but I'm pretty sure your answer can be found here: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...633#post242633

You might try shooting a pm to Wizardofflight, I think he produced some decals and/or decal plans that could help you.
    Apr 2, 2007, 12:07 AM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #5

I have a kit from testors where you can print off water decals from your home computer. Is there decal plans out there that i can get to do this ? If the decals are almost the same then i just need to get the ones i'm missing and add them on. I have the two on the fuel tanks but they are painted on and so is the one along side the rocket , i can apply the rest with the decal maker and it should still look good. What do you think ?
    Apr 2, 2007, 12:17 AM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #6

I was just looking around and found a forum from 02-03-07 slave1pilot has a photo of 11 different jet packs , the photo of his looks almost the same as mine. I don't know if this helps but it looks like it has the same decals.
    May 13, 2007, 5:50 PM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #7

Anybody ??????: skull
  8. SingleSeat is offline SingleSeat
    May 13, 2007, 9:29 PM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #8

Here's a sample of WoF's custom decals. Not sure if he's still offering these.

Otherwise, any decal kit can get easily screwed up if you don't let the ink dry for a long time (like 48hrs). More advice on these kits can be found by searching around on some of the model building forums out there such as:
    http://www.starshipmodeler.com/
    http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cimg2368_1.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	17614  
  9. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    May 19, 2007, 9:56 AM - Re: Decal difference for the new guy #9

Keep in mind that the large symbols at the top of the fuel cells are hand drawn on at least some of the packs, including the AoSW pack and I believe the PP2.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	left.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	17659   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	right.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	17660  
    Last edited by Art Andrews; May 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM.