Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Subscribe
    Apr 5, 2014, 12:24 PM - Re: DeathProof's ROTJ Fett (WIP) #101

Ok your gloves were they white at first? You said you used an acrylic mix. What's it a black and white mix with water? I painter mine since they started off white. But mine came out too dark.
    Apr 5, 2014, 12:40 PM - Re: DeathProof's ROTJ Fett (WIP) #102

My gloves are MOW. They come dyed the correct colour for ROTJ.

I used an acrylic mix to weather them. It's subtle, but it's there
    Apr 10, 2014, 11:59 PM - Re: DeathProof's ROTJ Fett (WIP) #103

Hey guys!

Here's a quick video on the voice changer that I've been playing around with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7cOJ0GyYso

Supplies

1. Aker 1505 Amp (with supplied microphone, speaker and male to male cable)
    2. iPhone 4s
    3. Voice Synth App from the App Store
    4. 4-pin to 3-Pin audio mic/headphone splitter (DON"T USE THIS - UPDATE BELOW)

The audio sample in the video isn't the greatest - recorded on an iPad, plus my own voice kinda overpowered the speaker and I didn't want to get feedback.

Things to REMEMBER: You MUST connect both the speaker and microphone cables BEFORE you plug in the splitter to your phone. Otherwise the speaker works without the mic (for some odd reason). Also I have not found a way for this to work with the phone locked. I'm debating putting some type of protector over the phone to avoid buttons being pushed while in my pouch. Finally, ...if you receive a call while using this...well...maybe you should set your ringtone to the Imperial March or something

Other voice changers can be oodles of dollars. The splitter was $8, the app was $5. Not a bad deal.

IF you are interested in this.....GUESS WHAT....I can EXPORT the presets that I made and EMAIL them to you! You just need the Voice Synth app to install them!

Let me know what you think!

**** Update *****

I had several audio issues and after much trouble shooting, it came down to the splitter not being compatible with my amp setup. If you are using the Aker system, this is the best splitter:

iPhone 1/8 inch electret condenser microphone and headphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm TRS Jacks

It's more money, but I got the results. If you get the PRO version of the app, you can lock your screen while the app is still running. For more info on my research for this, see this thread: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/w...32/index2.html
    Last edited by DeathProof; Sep 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
    Apr 11, 2014, 9:09 AM - Re: DeathProof's ROTJ Fett (WIP) #104

Informative! Thanks for taking the time... Interesting. I'd like to hear it under a helmet to mask your voice a little more! I've been looking Into this 1505...