Subscribe
    Sep 9, 2008, 10:58 PM - Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #1

I have been working on my gauntlets on and off and now that they are nearly done I am looking at the extra plastic on the ends of the right gauntlet intended to hold the hoses on and I was wondering if anyone has shortened theirs?

After looking at the length of the plastic I am nervous that it will snap off later with pressure from the hoses. I am thinking about shortening them to probably an inch in length if not a half and then drilling the holes of the hose a touch for the hoses fit over the plastic and calling it a day.

Any tips or thoughts? What have you guys done.

thanks!
    Sep 9, 2008, 11:28 PM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #2

can you post a pic of the part in question? i don't remember extra plastic on my kit, but it's been a while.
    Sep 10, 2008, 10:20 AM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #3

Attached is the photo of my gauntlet in progress. I have circled the part I'm talking about with a light cyan.

-Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RIght_Gauntlet copy.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	124.8 KB 
ID:	27267  
    Sep 10, 2008, 10:22 AM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #4

I didn't have that extra "stick" piece on my Ruffkin Gauntlets...
    Sep 10, 2008, 11:04 AM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #5

Sorry. Can't help...I removed those resin casts and went with actual brass hose connectors. I would recommend doing this. Here is a thread with tutorial by BatNinja:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...hose+connector

I remember what you are talking about though and would imagine it will have to do with your hose length and whether you are putting a lot of stress on them with movement. The resin is of questionable strength and could very easily break.
    Sep 10, 2008, 12:17 PM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #6

i bet that's what they are for, but i wouldn't trust them myself. mine didn't come that way, but it was a couple of years ago.

on my man o war gauntlets i used the cast in plastic host connectors and promptly snapped them off. i then drilled in and inserted wood dowels. i thought about using metal, but snapping a 3" long piece of 3/8" hardwood isn't easy, and wood is lighter.
    Sep 10, 2008, 2:44 PM - Re: Curious about hose attachments to Chuck Ruffing's Gauntlets #7

thanks so much for your suggestions! I am glad to know that I am getting advice from experienced peopel and not just "winging" it to see how long I can last...