Credible Website

From
    Michigan

Credible Website

Does anyone know if Starfortressproductions.com is a credible website?

Re: Credible Website

i have been here since March, and have heard nothing but disaster from those guys...just hear say, but i have never heard anyone say anything good about their stuff...if you want quality, accurate, durable stuff, then this is the place to get it...keep an eye out in the cargo hold, and look for vendors here that make different items...this is a bad time of year to be ordering items here, being so close to halloween and all, but you can find lots of people wanting to help you out and make you quality items...hope that helps...steer clear of them, in my opinion...

From
    Michigan

Thanks for the help. I didn't want to get involved with a website like that until I got some information about them. I'll take your word for it.

I don't have a time constraint before Halloween, I'm looking to get a Fett costume together around Christmas. Do you have any suggestions on where I could get a completed outfit? Unfortunately I don't have much free time to do any painting or work on it.

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

Let the assault begin!!!!

From
    Norwalk, CT

Getting it done by Christmas and not wanting to paint it or have free time to work on it means you will need serious funds. There really is no way to get something of even decent quality together -- in relatively short order -- without cash to spend.

I would watch The Cargo Hold and act quickly on anything you see you might want -- things go fast! You can also try the following websites for more ready made stuff and ask the vendors about timing and costs:

http://www.bobamaker.co.uk/ -- Daz makes just about everything and quality is unquestioned. He also offers fully painted pieces, but that doesn't come cheap and it may take two months or more to get it, so you'd need to act soon.

http://www.freewebs.com/wickedbeard/ -- Jeff also makes great stuff -- metal armor, gauntlets, etc -- and offers them fully painted too. He also posts prices on his site so it's easy to see what everything costs and he's also just a nice guy to deal with.

http://ladysewforus.com/ -- a FANTASTIC place for soft goods - jumpsuits, vest, spats, pouches, etc.

You can surf eBay, but you do so at your own risk. Lots of stuff there is Monet -- looks good from a distance but like **** up close. People here put items there from time to time and there are a couple of sellers I've heard are decent like cucblack, but you are better off finding stuff here. You can always solicit painting and assembly services from any of the many able bodied artisans on the site.

Good luck!
    Chris

From
    Beaverton, Oregon

Madmartigan said it perfectly. All the people he recommended are top notch and reputable.

From
    Michigan

Thanks for the sites. This is exactly what I was looking for. I've seen bobamakers website and I really like his quality but I didn't know if he offered a final, painted piece.

From
    Fort Worth, TX

Madmartigan said: View Post
    Getting it done by Christmas and not wanting to paint it or have free time to work on it means you will need serious funds. There really is no way to get something of even decent quality together -- in relatively short order -- without cash to spend.
    Someone once explained it to me this way:

Buying props and putting together costumes involves three major factors.

1) Quick
    2) Inexpensive
    3) High Quality

You can only pick two out of three.

From
    Orlando, FL

NOPE...There are way better vendors for sure.

From
    Michigan

I've been saving up money for quite some time and whatever is left of the final price I'm going to get as a christmas gift. Quality is really what I'm looking for and I'm willing to give for what the final product is worth.

From
    Hartselle,Alabama

Then you sir shall have one heck of a Christmas and excellent advice.....:thumbup Batninja

From
    Norwalk, CT

BTW, I'm in no way saying my list is comprehensive or exhaustive...just a start. You should also use Advanced Search for threads on here by Batninja, 99centtaco, Cruzer, Stormrider, TerminalFettler, BKBT, and many others. There are a plethora of fantastic skilled people here....

From
    Norwalk, CT

A lesson I have to teach my clients about my business on a regular basis. Well put.

batninja said: View Post
    Someone once explained it to me this way:

Buying props and putting together costumes involves three major factors.

1) Quick
    2) Inexpensive
    3) High Quality

You can only pick two out of three.

From
    Keller, TX

And if you are looking for some sweet screen accurate Jet Pack Hooks Madmartigan is your man!

From
    Norwalk, CT

LOL...I'd say that falls pretty far down the priority list for most, but I appreciate the sentiment.

tk9950 said: View Post
    And if you are looking for some sweet screen accurate Jet Pack Hooks Madmartigan is your man!

From
    Michigan

Thanks for the help.

From
    Indiana

All you need to do just put the words Starfortress in the search that is at the top of each page. That should tell you everything you need to know.

From
    Hamden, CT

Business practices aside... the only thing Fett related thing they sell that is any good is... um... wait I can't think of anything

From
    my place

Seller cucblack on e-bay is a recaster of another e-bayers armor He sells it painted to hide the fact that it is another e-bayers armor.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

Bobbas Clone Master said: View Post
    Seller cucblack on e-bay is a recaster of another e-bayers armor He sells it painted to hide the fact that it is another e-bayers armor.
    are you sure about this??? I love cucblack's props and I have heard NOTHING about this in the year I have been working on my costume. I WOULD NOT SMEAR SOMEONES NAME WITH THE "RECASTER" LABEL IF I DO NOT HAVE VALID PROOF! Can someone else shed some light on this?

From
    my place

A friend of mind sold him a set on e-bay and shortly their after he started sell copies only he painted them He also claims that they are movie size.

If you look at the belly plate you will see that the corners are the same as e-bayer nonefaster armor they are not the same on both ends that is just one of the things to look for and check out the diamond thay also are the same

From
    Fort Worth, TX

Those are pretty serious claims, sir. Since your only two posts at this point have been made to smear an otherwise respectable member of the prop community, you may want to take time to a) introduce yourself to the forum in the Sarlacc Pit, and b) offer visual proof to back up your claims against cucblack.

Otherwise, welcome to TDH!

From
    my place

As to proof check my friends feedback on Oct 15 2006 you will see feed back fromcucblack for the purchase he made. Then on Dec 11 2006 he started selling Boba fett armor on e-bay

Some what odd would you not say seeing as he did not sell frett armor befor that

He was also selling Bobba fett and Jango fett helmets that were copies of don post in fiberglass for they still had the don post logo on then again kinda odd would you not say??

I have not been a member that long but their are several guys making good stuff and nice sets of armor keep up the good work.

But dont give credit to a guy who has copied some one elses work and say he is great prop maker

Thanks

From
    Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia.

Hi there,

I'm Christian or cucblack.

I just to tell you that I not copied or used any other person's products, these are all my own work.

Any sugestion or coment about my work, welcome.