Could this be Fetts original backpack?

From
    Pottstown, PA

Could this be Fetts original backpack?

I just picked this up. I know the original jp backpack was modified to the suit, but I have not seen anywhere what the original bp used was, other than the buckle was a US Divers.
    This is a US Divers Survivair MSA vintage backpack tank harness. I'm going to modify it the way it appears in the screen shot at the bottom:

Thoughts? Input? BRAKS!!!???

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Re: Could this be Fetts original backpack?

We Might Have Winner!!!!

Byyynik

From
    High Peak, England

Wow, that really does look like the right thing!

It really looks cool, and close... but it doesnt looks like the real thing to my eyes... Looks like it would need toooooo many mods to make it like the original one... and that makes me think that they wouldnt bother that much just to make the harness...

Off course, this is what I think, and I may be wrong, but for me, it's close but not nailed

From
    Michigan

Very close. It's gotta be one of those older diving rigs, just not sure exactly which one!

From
    High Peak, England

Yes, looking more closely there are some significant differences.

This is still way closer than the KAM EZ PAK which used to be known as the one used though!

From
    Pottstown, PA

Benkenove said: View Post
    It really looks cool, and close... but it doesnt looks like the real thing to my eyes... Looks like it would need toooooo many mods to make it like the original one... and that makes me think that they wouldn't bother that much just to make the harness...

Off course, this is what I think, and I may be wrong, but for me, it's close but not nailed
    I don't know if it's the exact one used, but it is the closest match I have seen. It don't really look like to much of a mod project. ( At least I hope.)
    In the vintage pic, the bottom area looks completely removed, and like the belt is just laying there. If so, it looks like the bottom portion will be easy to remove. If not, I have a hacksaw.
    The other mod would be to weld a bar near the bottom of the pack. And of coruse, the tank holder will be removed.
    Once I get the pack, I will look it over and add new pics.

Also, the top of the U-shape shuold be straight, and not curved... and I also think that the vertical bars are alittle more separated...

Off course, you can mod it to looks like to real one.. but what I mean is that I dont think that is the screen used.. (but off course, it was similar to that one)

From
    Norwich UK

The original frame was curved at the top, so with the minor mods i think this is could be an original part.