Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jun 2, 2009, 7:25 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #51

Dude you are the COOLEST dad ever !!!!! have to see more pics .
    Jun 2, 2009, 8:47 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #52

Incredible work man! Talk about a stunt outfit!

G-Fett
    Jun 2, 2009, 10:04 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #53

Looks awesome...what kind of foam are you using??
    Jun 2, 2009, 10:07 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #54

that is a really impressive build, man. keep up the good work.
    Jun 3, 2009, 9:12 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #55

Thanks everyone!

Quote Wildabeast said: View Post
    Looks awesome...what kind of foam are you using??

1/2" closed cell camping mattress foam. "you can go to WM and get a big roll of it in the camping section for like 5$"
    Jun 3, 2009, 12:58 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #56

This is one of the most impressive and creative threads I've seen on TDH EVER! Well done!
    Jun 3, 2009, 1:28 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #57

Quote webchief said: View Post
    This is one of the most impressive and creative threads I've seen on TDH EVER! Well done!

That is one of the greatest compliments, Thank you.

I've got a ? for everyone... Who lives in Phoenix/ Arizona.? I do....

Update...

I'm trying to finish this bad boy by this weekend. Also need to go get some hard clay to sculpt the ears, antenna & range finder...
    Last edited by ONE END; Jun 3, 2009 at 1:35 PM.
    Jun 4, 2009, 1:37 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #58

Looking good!!!

and im in glendale. same name as over on mercs...
    Jun 4, 2009, 5:13 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #59

sculpt looking good.
    would have thought it would be quicker for you to use Alan's helmet templates.
    GREAT WORK, hat's off to you for what your doing.
    Jason
  10. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Jun 4, 2009, 6:23 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #60

That looks awesome!!! I wish my dad would have done this for me when I was a munchkin
    Jun 4, 2009, 7:20 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #61

Quote aero said: View Post
    sculpt looking good.
    would have thought it would be quicker for you to use Alan's helmet templates.
    GREAT WORK, hat's off to you for what your doing.
    Jason

Not sure who "Allen" is but this is more of a challenge and lets me keep up on My practice sculpting. Also the templates are all to big and I'm not going to play the guessing game "is this the correct size to fit MY son's head?" This way it's done correctly the first time. =)
    Jun 5, 2009, 5:50 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #62

Alan (WOF) he did all the plans for the body armor you made.
    he has also made plans for the boba helmet, jet pack and countless other stuff.
    Last edited by aero; Jun 5, 2009 at 6:53 AM.
    Jun 5, 2009, 1:10 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack & "Bucket sculpt" #63

Quote aero said: View Post
    Alan (WOF) he did all the plans for the body armor you made.
    he has also made plans for the boba helmet, jet pack and countless other stuff.

So your talking about "Wizardoflight" yes. But he doesnt have one that fits a kids head... Looked. The closest I could get is the one that fits My gf.

Made his Gauntlets last night...

Those are earth magnets to lock together... "credit goes to someone here for idea forgot who"
    used the foamie as the hinge...

Update on the sculpt, also working on the Gauntlet paint job.

Last edited by ONE END; Jun 5, 2009 at 8:16 PM.
    Jun 6, 2009, 10:35 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #64

amazing job..........1 more question, got the foam are you spray gluing to keep the shape?
    Jun 6, 2009, 1:36 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #65

Quote Wildabeast said: View Post
    amazing job..........1 more question, got the foam are you spray gluing to keep the shape?

Hello! I decided the Bucket wasn't going to work out of foam, but the armor will, as for holding shape...

Gloves.
    Heat gun.
    Heat then form to shape.
    Use cold water/ kitchen faucet to rapidly cool to freeze to shape.

=)
    Jun 6, 2009, 6:06 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #66

You should print WOF's templates then copy at 50-60% and make out of cardboard....thanks for the updates
    Jun 6, 2009, 6:57 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #67

That would probably work.

But I'm enjoying sculpting one now.
  18. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jun 6, 2009, 9:07 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #68

this is absolutely amazing! this is the type of thing i want to do for my 5 year old son once i am done with mine! very cool, and very, very creative! you should totally make casts of that lid once you have it molded...you could sell quite a few of them i would think...starting with me!! great work...
    Jun 7, 2009, 6:26 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #69

Donīt wanna pull things down as you are doing a fantastic job, but arenīt the gauntlets mirrored?

The one you made for the left arm is usually for the right and the one you made for the right is originally for the left ...

just to mention.

But the gauntlets turned out pretty good!

The helmet sculpt turns out better and better ... now as the edges are sharp and the visor too.

Thumbs up brother!
    Jun 7, 2009, 10:22 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #70

Quote mmgraphics said: View Post
    Donīt wanna pull things down as you are doing a fantastic job, but arenīt the gauntlets mirrored?

The one you made for the left arm is usually for the right and the one you made for the right is originally for the left ...

just to mention.

But the gauntlets turned out pretty good!

The helmet sculpt turns out better and better ... now as the edges are sharp and the visor too.

Thumbs up brother!

I know.... I know.... I realized it after I made them... I'm left handed so all I can come up with is I just made them backwards in My mind to fit me so I could push the buttons with My left hand then realizing after I came out of My zone of building that they were wrong... I'm kicking Myself in the but...

Done with the Bucket sculpt!
    just have to sculpt the ears!

Jun 7, 2009, 10:51 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #71

Absolutely Brilliant and Amazing work!
    I want to build Boba's armor for my 6 yrs old child too =)
    Jun 7, 2009, 11:16 AM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #72

Quote bevbor said: View Post

Absolutely Brilliant and Amazing work!
    I want to build Boba's armor for my 6 yrs old child too =)

Let me finish this and then I see what I can do.
    Jun 7, 2009, 12:36 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #73

The more i see, the more i have to commend you on your work.

Your a fast worker, when do you think you'll be finished by?
    The way your going it will be in a couple of days.
    Jun 7, 2009, 1:22 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #74

:thumbup wow...that is a GREAT looking sculpt vod...

you better do a run of these helmets...they are AWESOME!!! and you might have an angry mob attacking your house if you dont...

AMAZING work!!!

A'den
    Jun 7, 2009, 1:52 PM - Re: "4 year old" Shiny Boba Armor, Jet Pack, Gauntlets & "Bucket sculpt" #75

Great idea ... if you make a run of it for more than one helmet, you should open up a thread for interest. I am sure there are many guys around that would love to get one of them! Me too!

So if you do a run, call me in for a helmet!

Cheers,
    manuel