Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2004
    May 16, 2004, 12:32 PM - Cod question #1

Hi to all
    This is my first time on these forums so sorry for any newbie
    mistakes.OK I'm using 3mm PVC sheet to make my cod added the tear drop so that makes 6mm in total but it's hard to tell from the ref pics I have how thick the front of the cod piece
    is any help in this matter would be great
    May 16, 2004, 2:34 PM - Re: Cod question #2

Try this:

http://200.72.163.179/cdref/0101_0200/Boba_Fett_111.jpg

I'm just putting the link since the pic is so huge.

By PVC sheeting, do you mean a sintra type material? If you want the most accurate look with sintra, you may have to cut the teardrop on an angle or be prepared to sand it down a lot. Good luck. Post any other questions you have if you need help. (after searching previous threads of course)
  3. Member Since
    May 2004
    May 16, 2004, 3:26 PM - Re: Cod question #3

Thanks for the pic nice and clear.
    The material I am using is the same as plastic guttering is made of over here in the UK dark grey but in sheet form about 2ft x 3ft bends in boiling water. I was going to use car filler on the edge between the tear drop and the main body of the cod, sanding it down to give it a more rounded shape so it looks like one piece (hope that made sense)
    May 16, 2004, 3:30 PM - Re: Cod question #4

OK, you may want to do a test piece first. Bondo (car filler) doesn't stick worth beans to Sintra (PVC) so try a pce to make sure it won't shear off with the slightest twist.
  5. Member Since
    May 2004
    May 16, 2004, 4:06 PM - Re: Cod question #5

OK thanks for the info, that's saved me a lot of tears before bed time , what should I use instead