Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Cod piece connection?

Migrate from As You Wish

Re: Cod piece connection?

Now does the strap wrap around the back piece or does it attach on the inside?

On a side note, how does everyone sit down in their codpiece? I made mine a little smaller, but geez, I can hardly bend over, let alone sit down! That makes for a LONG con!!

Migrate from As You Wish

The strap attaches to the inside of the buttplate.

Migrate from As You Wish

Hi Braks.. do you know exactly how the strap attach to the butt plate (velcro?...glue?...)

Rid

Migrate from As You Wish

Terrible Rid wrote:Hi Braks.. do you know exactly how the strap attach to the butt plate (velcro?...glue?...)

Rid
    Thats something pretty simple... i don't know how it was originally done but velcro would be good i would think

Migrate from As You Wish

I do not know how it attaches although I would agree that velcro would be the most simple way. I will probably glue a snap into mine to make a more permanent attachment as I really detest velcro!

Migrate from As You Wish

Detest Velcro? Why? It is ........ well so velcrotastic! ( I don't care for it too much either. If I can determine any other way I try that first) There might just be a ring with the strap looped around it attached to the butt plate, perhaps there is a clip or other fastening device located on the bottom of the cod piece, where there is more room, although there isn't all that much room , Cough, Cough!!!

Migrate from As You Wish

Has anyone thought about riveting the strap? Or you could use a small nut and bolt covered with foam. This way you could take it apart if you had to. You wouldn't be able to see the rivet.

Migrate from As You Wish

TK9120 wrote:Has anyone thought about riveting the strap? Or you could use a small nut and bolt covered with foam. This way you could take it apart if you had to. You wouldn't be able to see the rivet.
    Not sure I follow you. How would you be able to do this without the rivet or nut/bolt showing?

Migrate from As You Wish

The bottom part of the codpiece goes between yours legs correct? If so, then no one would see the rivet. I don't have a codpiece yet so I can't tell how far back it goes. The back part would be covered by the belts. Does that sound right?

Migrate from As You Wish

BB, remember how I riveted my Trooper shoulder bells and ABS-cemented them so you get no danger of the rivets showing through? That could be done, but snaps would be far more preferable than a permanent riveting anyway. I may not be sounding very coherant... rather sleep-deprived at the moment, but to Andy's defense, that magazine shot may have not even been JB. We can't even confirm that the shots of the ESB suit on page 28 of the Action figure archive is JB. When he looked at one of those photos, he said, "That was my first day on the set." Then, when he looked at another pic, he said, "I never wore a side arm like that!"

Migrate from As You Wish

what a thread!!

Well I just had to show that you can't always stay in character when it comes to Fett. Sometimes that strap just has to be adjusted. BTW we can thank one of my more esteemed 501st members for posting this pic to our site. But ya just gotta have that strap don't ya!!

Migrate from As You Wish

Coulden't you just sew the strap to the crotch of the jumpsuit and be done with it. You could just put a little clip in the front to keep the cod piece from flappin and it woulden't ride up and split ya in two.

Migrate from As You Wish

My strap is rivited to the codpiece and to the butt plate. I tried velcro to hold it in place and make it adjustable but when the velcro came free it just hung there. That's not a pretty picture ya know? I rather it be too tight and secure than to hang down between my legs like a tail.

Migrate from As You Wish

I use rivets to attatch a elastic belt and strap to mine using washers on the back side and this works very well, and the belt hides the rivets and you cannot see the strap rivet on the bottom of the cod peice. Rivets work EXCELLENT!!

Migrate from As You Wish

Crack...hey, I smoke crack. Good for the teef.

D

Migrate from As You Wish

Getting slightly back on track,......what color should the thong be for either the ESB,or ROTJ? Oh well I tried to get back on track

Steve

Migrate from As You Wish

I wouls approx 1/2" b/c the black straps that hold the girth together are 1".

From
    Chicagoland

This is a serious question, as silly as it sounds. How wide is the strap that goes between the legs that attaches to the cod piece: 1" or 3/4"? I'm going for "screen" accuracy.

From
    Yakima, Wa.

I don't think it's any bigger than 3/4".
    Keyword here is "think".

From
    Clarkston, Michigan

pennywise said:
    This is a serious question, as silly as it sounds. How wide is the strap that goes between the legs that attaches to the cod piece: 1" or 3/4"? I'm going for "screen" accuracy.
    I can't remember if I went with 1/2" or 3/4" elastic, but it is definately not 1" wide.

From
    Chicagoland

Half seems too small. 3/4" probably would fit alot better than 1", but alot of the "screen" shots I've seen look like 1". Also it appears to be nylon webbing and not elastic. Anyone know for sure the size and material?

From
    California

I have to say that this is one of the most amusing conversations I have read in a long while!

From
    Yakima, Wa.

SarlaccBits said:
    I have to say that this is one of the most amusing conversations I have read in a long while!

If you sing "Cod piece connection" to the tune of kermit the frog's "Rainbow connection" it's even more ammusing.

From
    California

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    That's great!

From
    Chicagoland

SarlaccBits said:

Yeah, I know I don't want it to look like a G-string, that's why I thought wider would look better. I have a 3/4" BLK. one on there now but that's the wrong color. I want to use nylon webbing with a adjustable buckle but I can't find any 3/4" WHT. (only found 1") I don't really want to use elastic because then it's gonna look like some gay jock-strap thingy.