Subscribe
    Sep 30, 2012, 6:04 PM - Cod & kidney armor connect #1

Heyya guys-

So as I'm getting closer to "finishing" up my Fett (is there such a thing?), I noticed that my BM cod and kidney armor doesn't meet while worn, thus not allowing for the studs that connect them.

I would like to submit my build for 501st approval at some point -- does anyone know if this will be called out for not being film-accurate? I know it's pretty obscured during most scenes, but wanted to gauge if I'll need to swap it for pieces that do.

Thanks in advance....
    Oct 1, 2012, 7:47 AM - Re: Cod & kidney armor connect #2

I have been told that it will not effect approval.
    Oct 1, 2012, 8:08 AM - Re: Cod & kidney armor connect #3

It is probably best to check with your local garrison command. Some are more strict than others with certain things.
    Last edited by Fettered; Oct 1, 2012 at 11:26 AM. Reason: horrible grammatical error!!!
  4. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    Oct 1, 2012, 10:16 AM - Re: Cod & kidney armor connect #4

The studs in the Cod/Kidney piece are attached on screen used costume, but are always hidden by the Girth Belt, so no worry about them.

On RKD armour, the pieces do not meet in any way, the Kidney piece is too short, but that has not prevented the suit from being approved.

On my Fett, the pieces DO fit, but the studs are not there for the moment. The Cod/Kidney piece is held together by the Girth Belt alone. As you can see with my approved costume, the studs cannot be seen from any agle. See here; http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/s...pproved-45159/

Still, as Fettered said, check in with the local Garrison GML, He/She should be able to say how to proceed.
    Oct 1, 2012, 10:32 AM - Re: Cod & kidney armor connect #5

Great - I'll check in with him/her/them. Thanks for the input, guys.