Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review

Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review

We weren't actually comparing our suit to any Tk armour in particular, a quick look on ebay showed us that armour ranges from about 650 to just over 1k, some of which (granted) had lineage but most didn't. We said about 800 as a rough price.

We are not sure what you mean by 'you're comparing OTHER soft part wearing costumers to People here', we certainly did not intend to compare any group of costumers to any other.

We fully understand that a Fett suit is not a TK undersuit, we have studied the suit in excruciating detail and know exactly what it is required of it, a good reason why it needs to be well constructed and patterned and made from quality materials.

We are pleased to hear that you like the suit, we are confident that it is the most accurate available, unfortunately with the best will in the world we cannot produce it any cheaper, that is just what it costs for us to produce such a high quality, accurate product.

From
    Whitehorse, Yukon

Clothears said: View Post
    We weren't actually comparing our suit to any Tk armour in particular, a quick look on ebay showed us that armour ranges from about 650 to just over 1k, some of which (granted) had lineage but most didn't. We said about 800 as a rough price.

We are not sure what you mean by 'you're comparing OTHER soft part wearing costumers to People here', we certainly did not intend to compare any group of costumers to any other.

We fully understand that a Fett suit is not a TK undersuit, we have studied the suit in excruciating detail and know exactly what it is required of it, a good reason why it needs to be well constructed and patterned and made from quality materials.

We are pleased to hear that you like the suit, we are confident that it is the most accurate available, unfortunately with the best will in the world we cannot produce it any cheaper, that is just what it costs for us to produce such a high quality, accurate product.
    I don't think there's anyone here that doesn't like what you have made. Personally, I just think it's crazy the suit is over twice that of one that is made to the wearers measurements. When I found out that your price was over 800 for everything. My first thought was that I would rather buy my own sewing machine and make my own. While I would prefer to buy my parts from you. If I can buy a sewing machine, plus all the fabric to make everything, and still not hit the $400 mark of your flightsuit, that's the route I will have to take. I understand that it costs a certain amount to make things, and you have every right to ask as much as you want, but saying there's no way to bring the price down irks me a bit. Just about every good seller I know strives to make their parts more affordable, because they want to share what they've done with the community. I mean there's plenty of things you could do to bring the price down. Like offer them in runs, not weather them (I'm understanding they arrive pre weathered) Or offer them un dyed and let the customers dye them themselves.

From
    Silver Spring, MD. USA

The way I see it is if you can afford it, get it. If you can't (like me, lol) then get one of the other great options from the soft part makers here. That's what I did, and I couldn't be happier. I really don't see the problem. I want to thank the OP for posting the photos and video because the work is absolutely beautiful (and I'm a sucker for un-boxing videos). Enjoy them. They are a great base for your Fett costume!

From
    Victoria, British Columbia

GrottyFurball said: View Post
    If I can buy a sewing machine, plus all the fabric to make everything, and still not hit the $400 mark of your flightsuit, that's the route I will have to take.
    There are plenty of other options out there before you go and make it yourself that are quite reasonable in price. As always, a large part of this hobby is about your budget, and what you are comfortable in spending.

Being a small business owner myself (Photographer), I understand what it's like when customers are shocked at the sticker price. Newly engaged couples have no idea why wedding photographers charge so much for what appears to be mere hours of work. Little do they know there is so much going on after their wedding that costs money (insurance, equipment upkeep, living expenses, marketing/advertising, etc.)...and not to mention the years of experience the artist has perfecting his/her craft which commands a higher wage. If you don't want to pay for a professional photographer, higher someone more within your budget. They may not produce as good of a product as the professional...but as Chris said...you get what you pay for.

I think a lot of time and effort went into the design and creation of these parts, and Clothears has every right to charge what they feel is fair based on their material costs, other expenses, etc. It's up to us as consumers to decide if their product is in our budget or not. Simple as that.

From
    Whitehorse, Yukon

DeathProof said: View Post
    There are plenty of other options out there before you go and make it yourself that are quite reasonable in price. As always, a large part of this hobby is about your budget, and what you are comfortable in spending.

Being a small business owner myself (Photographer), I understand what it's like when customers are shocked at the sticker price. Newly engaged couples have no idea why wedding photographers charge so much for what appears to be mere hours of work. Little do they know there is so much going on after their wedding that costs money (insurance, equipment upkeep, living expenses, marketing/advertising, etc.)...and not to mention the years of experience the artist has perfecting his/her craft which commands a higher wage. If you don't want to pay for a professional photographer, higher someone more within your budget. They may not produce as good of a product as the professional...but as Chris said...you get what you pay for.

I think a lot of time and effort went into the design and creation of these parts, and Clothears has every right to charge what they feel is fair based on their material costs, other expenses, etc. It's up to us as consumers to decide if their product is in our budget or not. Simple as that.
    Oh I know there's other options, but the point I was making is that you can buy everything you need to start making everything, including the tools for it, and still not hit the price point for the suit. I did say they have a right to charge what they want. My complaint more than anything is that it's over 400 for a generic sized suit. It's over double the cost that most charge suits made to your measurements. If this was 400 bucks for a suit made to your measurements, then it would be the best suit hands down. This isn't a case of "you get what you pay for" it's you pay an absurd price, then take it to a tailor and pay them to make it fit.

That's my opinion. No one has to agree with me, but it's how I see it.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I'm pretty certain it's to measure BUT you never will get it in hand fitting the way you NEED it to fit. And shipping back and forth to the UK isn't an option.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

From
    Whitehorse, Yukon

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I'm pretty certain it's to measure BUT you never will get it in hand fitting the way you NEED it to fit. And shipping back and forth to the UK isn't an option.

"This is suit is made to either a smll, med, lrg, x-large. If you decide to place an order a measurement guide will be sent out to you and we will fit you to the appropriate suit. 245.00"

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

wolters said: View Post
    I have one of these too , and I must agree , its perfect.
    You couldn't get better than this.

I had to send it back to get it adjusted a bit , wich was done at no extra charge.

All the seams , stitches look perfectly screen accurate and it even comes pre weathered...

I agree the price is fairly high , but then , If you have this, you'll never have to upgrade
    Weird cause seems like they adjusted it for Wolters here.

From
    Dayton, Ohio

Sorry Guys I've been off for a few days...

I was actually shocked at how well the suit fit me. All the measurements they needed were actually quite extensive, the inseam, waste, and length in the arms was perfect and I will not be needing to get it tailored. The guys at Clothears I think are masters at what they do... Yes, the price is high, but if it was low, or there was a budget/DIY suit then everyone one and their brother would have one... This is THE suit to have! All the way down to the smallest detail. even the material of the flight suit and vest looks exactly like it does in high res images from Empire. I am still blown away! and honestly they're a professional costuming company. If you want something cheap get something cheap, great. Trooping is fun but who wants to be walking around with an all accurate 8k Boba around little kids.... Sorry to say, I'm a freak when it comes to accuracy. So, I HAD to have this... I might troop in it once or twice and that's about it, the rest of the time it will be on a mannequin in my movie room.

From
    Montfort, Netherlands

They sent out an extensive measurement chart and then adjusted the suit to fit.
    Somehow a mistake was made on my part so that the fit wasnt perfect , I sent it back and it was adjusted .
    The communication and willingless to resolve issues was great at all times.

The issue of cost ; it is here as with all costuming parts ; some make their own armor and painstakingly paint it at as low cost as possible , and some order it prepainted and ready to wear.
    It all depends on the budget and quest for accuracy of the costumer.

Clothears merely offer a suit that they researched extensively and is to their opinion as perfect as they can get it.
    For their efforts they charge a price that they think is a reasonable pay for materials and time .
    It is up to every individual costumer to decide if this is what they want.

From
    Limerick, PA

That is a fantastic flightsuit. It's not for everybody, but that's ok. Clothears can charge whatever they want for their products. The market will dictate if they are overpriced. Apparently people are ordering these so they seem to be doing ok. Good for them. On the other hand, I don't think coming in here and arguing with potential customers is going to help their cause, lol.

From
    NWUK

I don't think alot of you guys are listening here........

Clothears said: View Post
    unfortunately with the best will in the world we cannot produce it any cheaper, that is just what it costs for us to produce such a high quality, accurate product.
    - if you don't want to deal with Clothears then go elsewhere....
    - if you can't afford Clothears then suck it up and go elsewhere....
    - if it's so easy to get the price lower then GO ELSWHERE!!!!

Back to what this thread was ACTUALLY about (can't believe the moderator hasn't stepped in on this sour-grapes-a-thon!!) - JimmyC, that undersuit is AMAZING!! The best!

N.B. Re fitting. The RS boys took my measurements a while ago for some clothears kit & I still keep it today for other stuff - it has 28 items to measure. Attention to detail.

From
    LR,Arkansas
    I think the price is fair game in "reviewing" the suit. I still don't see new posts spotlighting each of the new details this would be helpful.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app

I agree... more details on the suit and vest!

From
    Dayton, Ohio

Hey guys! Keegan started a post with some of the in depth details if anyone is interested: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/c...eatures-49210/

I'll try to post some more pictures here later!