Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 18, 2014, 1:19 AM - Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #1

hey guys! another quick review and some close ups.. I got really lucky and got one of the first Clothears Costumes ESB Boba Fett Flight suits and vests. MY GOD! I can not believe the detail and screen accuracy they put into this bad boy! I’ll also post the video of the unboxing (see bottom) I did for Keegen.

I will say, all the little-little details that they put into this thing are unreal. fits me like a glove too.. I’ll do another short photo shoot soon on a mannequin so you all can see this… Absolutely sick! and totally worth every penny (if you are into the screen accuracy thing)!

If you have any questions or would like to see a close up of an area, let me know!

FP V4 on it

youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0_xFTOifpo

Boba Fett « clothears costumes
    Jan 18, 2014, 1:49 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #2

WOW! That´s great!
    Jan 18, 2014, 10:43 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #3

That looks very sharp.
  4. Jan 18, 2014, 11:46 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #4

I've been following their progress on Facebook, and i must say this is absolutely awesome..and once im down to my goal weight an need a new jumpsuit...i will seriously concider one of these because the accuracy seems spot on to me. I also like the slots in the vest...saves alot of headache...hopefully they are pretty universally spaced. I have FP V3 armor.
    Jan 18, 2014, 11:54 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #5

Have both these,excellent work :-)
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 11:58 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #6

I think the price might be a little on the high side....when I say the most expensive its by double. I feel like they could charge more then others but the price point isnt competitive to me. It would be THE most expensive fett part. And then it still has to be shipped from the UK. Sorry but I think there are less accurate better options. Unless they come down on the pricing. They may sell a few like this one and a few others but normal people arent going to spend that kinda money. AND to add on to the fact that youre probably going to have to take it into a tailor in the US to have them adjust certain things. Sorry to be a debbie downer....just the way I felt after getting the email with a price list.
    Jan 18, 2014, 5:10 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #7

Well, I can see for most people who are trooping in their costumes, I can see not wanting to drop that kind of money. There are just so many little things that they added that most people either wouldn't care about or notice. But I notice them, and appreciate the fact that they did their research. Now if I may say, as a company, the communication was awesome.. they always emailed me back within a day or so and kept me in the loop..

As far as I know, this is the newest version that they sell. They have been working on and perfecting it for some time.
  8. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 5:31 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #8

I actually had to email them twice to get a quote. Which may have been over looked the first time during the holidays.

They price isn't competitive though. It's almost astronomical to the point that it should be a vintage found item. But it's not. It's a replica just like most everything else people use. I think it's about 100 over the point it should be at in USD. Being it has a neck seal attached and all.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Jan 18, 2014, 7:28 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #9

Clothears has always been amazing with their communication. The holidays are a very busy time for them as you can imagine.
    I agree you could call their prices a bit on the high side. But you have to realize they are not competitive because their products are not. There is much more labor involved because of all the extra details and features. Show me a vest that comes even close. So you are paying more, but also getting more. Never mind the accuracy that is achieved with those features is unmatched.

For years people have been satisfied to ignore most of these details; even though they were known. That is because most people don't value or are OK to skimp on the soft parts' accuracy.
    I have never been one of those people. To me the way the soft parts look is as important as the rest. I am willing to pay more for the effort it takes to achieve that.
    Jan 18, 2014, 8:03 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #10

Just so I don't have to email them to find out, what price are we talking about here?
  11. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 8:17 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #11

I find it taking advantage. I've gotten tailored 3 piece suits with shirt and tie for less then what they are charging. Sent you a PM Syllander

Jan 18, 2014, 8:24 PM - #12

Yeah just post the price. Also someone do a side by side of these details with an LSFU and a Batninja vest so it's plain to see the new stuff.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
  13. Jan 18, 2014, 8:25 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #13

I agree the price is a bit high at $401.98 US (245 british pounds)...i did expect them to be more expensive than most, but it def is more than i was expecting. I thought around $225-250. However, is it worth it, i cant really say, as i obviously dont have one as of yet, but these parts do have alot of details just not found on other suits, and from what i understand their company quality is held in high regards. Its a toss up for me right now, but if they drop the price about $165-175 it would easily become a no brainer, for me anyway....or maybe at least do free shipping to the US? Maybe a TDH discount? lol
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jan 18, 2014 at 9:20 PM. Reason: calculated price wrong the first time! DOH!
  14. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 8:27 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #14

Lou your conversions are low. By about 20%

15. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 8:28 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #15

The 245 pounds is 405 USD

Jan 18, 2014, 8:37 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #16

Other consideration is the extra tailoring. If it's offered in std. S, M, L etc...there's only a few who could actually get it in and it just fit right...Would be easier to get a good suit and find someone to add the proper holes/slits in them for much less.
    Jan 18, 2014, 9:07 PM - #17

I do really like the cut of the twill though the weave is spot on.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
  18. Jan 18, 2014, 9:18 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #18

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    The 245 pounds is 405 USD

Shouldnt be Dom..i used a converter online :/ lemme check again.......DOH! it was set to Euros! You are correct! Its 401.98 (according to the converter i just used online)..I will fix it in my post!
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jan 18, 2014 at 9:24 PM.
  19. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 18, 2014, 9:21 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #19

I triple checked when I looked. As it was so high. Comes to 800 USD for all soft parts.

20. Jan 18, 2014, 9:47 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #20

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I triple checked when I looked. As it was so high. Comes to 800 USD for all soft parts.

Good heavens!
    Jan 18, 2014, 9:55 PM - Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #21

I've been very impressed with every phase and stitch of the work put into these pieces. I've never seen a more accurate neck seal. The stitching is simply fantastic. The vest and materials are just beautiful.

But I too am a bit taken back on the cost. No judgement intended. We all do what we do for our own reasons. It will certainly propel these pieces to the upper shelf of unreachable for most folks. But, you do get what you pay for.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Jan 19, 2014, 2:48 PM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #22

I have one of these too , and I must agree , its perfect.
    You couldn't get better than this.

I had to send it back to get it adjusted a bit , wich was done at no extra charge.

All the seams , stitches look perfectly screen accurate and it even comes pre weathered...

I agree the price is fairly high , but then , If you have this, you'll never have to upgrade
    Last edited by wolters; Jan 20, 2014 at 12:49 PM.
  23. Member Since
    Apr 2006
    Jan 20, 2014, 4:38 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #23

I won't be buying from them. Over 400 bucks for a suit that's not made to your measurements is just absurd. I'm pretty much positive that after this, most soft part makers are going to add the little bits they're missing anyways, and still be available for a far cheaper price.
  24. Member Since
    Nov 2010
    Jan 20, 2014, 6:07 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #24

Thank you to James, Keegan and Danzo for your support and comments.

Also apologies to James, this thread was started by him to show off his new suit and vest (which he was obviously very pleased with) to his friends and fellow Fett fans but it has become a discussion about the costs being overpriced.

We fully appreciate that the suit and vest are not cheap items to purchase and that many people will be unable or unwilling to spend that amount of money on the parts but we would like to attempt to defend ourselves.

The suit and vest have been work in progress for well over 12 months, draughting and re-draughting patterns, testing many different fabrics and dye colours and producing a large number of prototypes. We have not passed on any of the costs in the development and prototyping stage onto the cost of the final product.

In the UK we pay a high tax rate, we have to pay this on every suit that we sell, unfortunate but something that we can do nothing about.

Our products are made from the best quality materials available to us, our fabrics are professionally dyed to achieve the correct and consistent colour, a service that we have to pay for.

The amount of detail in our products means that the construction time is considerable, quality is paramount to us, no corners are cut. The suits sizing is not as simple as s, m, l, we send out a comprehensive measurement chart so that we can find the best fit possible if that means a different size lower half to top half then that is what is made, the lengths of legs and sleeves are adjusted for the customer.

We do feel that soft parts for suits are generally considered less important and therefore many people believe that they should be cheaper than the hard parts but please take in to account that once a mould is made for the hard parts construction time is dramatically reduced where as a soft part is started from scratch every time. As an example, a top end suit of storm trooper armour costs about £800 ($1,315) un built, that consists of about 26 main pieces of vac formed plastic, un trimmed and definitely not made to measure. We appreciate that the moulds take a long time to make (but so do the patterns for soft parts) once that is done the time taken to pull the vacs is a fraction of the time it takes to make a set of Fett soft parts and you still have to build the armour yourself once you receive it, plus the cost for plastic is much less than it is for fabrics.

We are aware that people will read this and still not be convinced of our reasons for the price but we can only assure you that we are not trying to take advantage and that the amount of profit on each suit is low, we could earn more working other jobs but we do this because we love the costumes and want to make the best and most accurate costumes that we can. We understand that we may not sell hundreds of these suits but to us it is more important that the parts be as accurate as possible and as well made as possible, rather than, as cheap as possible.
  25. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 20, 2014, 11:52 AM - Re: Clothears ESB Boba Flight Suit Vest Review #25

Youre comparing a TK suit with LINEAGE to the real suit to your reproduction....not apples and apples.

And youre comparing OTHER soft part wearing costumers to People here...who have the most intricate costume there is and most expensive.

Sure your overhead is high and hopefully you can find a way to lower prices in the future. The suit looks great or I wouldnt have bothered emailing you several times. If someone can afford to put 1/3 their budget of 3k into the soft parts the by all means go for it. But I really think at the price point youre at you are double what should be spent. Especially since its going to have to be tailored again locally. Ive had 4 flightsuits and not 1 was ready to wear. Something had to be changed to make it where it would be just right. The Fett jumpsuit is not a TK undersuit it holds the armor to the chest and has pouches that need to be at the right height, it holds shin tools...it tells a story itself with all the weathering. I dont know if you can send out unweathered, un dyed, no frills suits as a budget option but its something to consider. The people here are DIY type guys...who take pride in adding this or that....something to think about. I'll be emailing you about that option hope its something you can do as I REALLY do LOVE what you have done.