Subscribe
    Oct 6, 2004, 5:05 PM - Clear braided hoses???? #1

I can't seem to find flexible clear braided hoses for my ROTJ gauntlets. I have white ones. The clear ones I did find are way to stiff. The white one was for a removable shower head.

Can anyone help?

Thx
    Oct 6, 2004, 5:19 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #2

I found them at Home Depot in 3ft rolls in the plumbing section for about $7.

Oct 6, 2004, 6:28 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #3

yep. Home depot is where I got mine too
  4. thunderbolt885
    Oct 6, 2004, 11:31 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #4

what kind does jango have? i nnever thought about his hoses.
    Oct 6, 2004, 11:47 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #5

I got my Jango hoses at OSH. They had them by the foot, and I got exactly how much I needed --no waste. The hoses started off clear, so I dyed them blue with navy-colored Rit dye. I think they are more or less the same as the Boba hoses (before they were dyed, of course), and were very flexible. I believe they were of the 1/4" inner-diameter variety.
  6. thunderbolt885
    Oct 7, 2004, 11:28 AM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #6

you can dye rubber hoses? how many feet did you need?
    Oct 7, 2004, 12:50 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #7

Well, Jango's got five hoses, and depending on how tall you are you might need them to be 8 inches apiece, or 12 inches. Measure yourself to see how much you need, and order accordingly. You might want to get a little more than you need just to be safe. I believe the material it was made out of was vinyl.

Hope that helps!
    Oct 8, 2004, 9:37 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #8

Jedi-Bob wrote:

I can't seem to find flexible clear braided hoses for my ROTJ gauntlets. I have white ones. The clear ones I did find are way to stiff.
    Can anyone help?
    Thx
    Bob, The clear flexible hose will be stiff, it is just the way they are, I have never run across any clear hose that wasn't.

I think 3/8" OD is the size you want, i have used the 1/4" OD in the past and it is too small.

But they will be stiff, you'll only need about about 1 1/2' for each hose.

Lynn
    Oct 8, 2004, 9:44 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #9

There are clear hose that are alot more flexible than the braided one, I only used one braided hose for the right side on the top. Frankly I cannot see putting 3 of those stiff hoses on one side, I tired and when i moved my arm the gauntlet just turned on my wrist.

IT is padded inside to, but it was so stiff that after last halloween I ripped it right off there becuase I was feed up with it looking like crap and sticking out way to far all night.
    Oct 9, 2004, 6:57 AM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #10

Here's mine
    If you want accuracy you need to go with the clear braided hose if not, then go with just a clear hose that is more flexable.

I have used this hose for years and I have never had a problem, my guantlets stay in place just fine.

Lynn
  11. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    Oct 9, 2004, 10:32 AM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #11

Jedi Bob I will help you with the hose problem.I know you found the flexible white ones at Home Depot. Their is indeed a section where they sell ''kithen sinks''suplies and they indeed do have just the braided ''clear and smooth flexible'' hose wich you are looking for. It comes in a clear package for about $7.00 bucks its somewhere between 3ft long and the kit comes without a black nozzle''just the hose itself''. Its more like a repair kit.Let me know how you make out with your search for these hoses. I can get them for you by next weekened just LMK.
    Oct 9, 2004, 10:34 AM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #12

I remember seeing an old post where the clear braided hose was scavanged from a soda pop dispenser. Apparently the hose was quite flexible. Worth checking into.
    Oct 9, 2004, 10:38 AM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #13

Didn't someone mention the sink hose adapter for kitchen sinks have 3/8" braided hose and is "more flexible"?? I seem to remember something as such in the past. I have the standard 3/8" braid on an ESB and since it's only one don't have a problem.
  14. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 9, 2004, 2:04 PM - Re: Clear braided hoses???? #14

Oh, man! I had about 2 meters left from my previous suit, if i still had it you would have got it for free:/
    I threw it away when i moved a couple of month ago..

-Mikael