As many of you know, I discovered the MQ-1 calculator years and years ago (almost a decade ago now) and was the first to have one in hand... but in all that time, I have never been brave enough to chop one up. I don't know why today was the day (I don't have gauntlets to put it in) but today I chopped up the original Casio I got so many years ago. It was really stressful, but also rewarding to finally give it a shot and see how it turned out. I am pretty pleased with the results. One of the mistakes I feel a number of people have made in the past is cutting the sides down too much and not leaving enough of a lip on each side of the calculator. This was really slow moving as I filed down a little... checked it... and then filed down a little more. I think I might do a couple more file touches, but overall, I am really happy with how this has turned out. It really isn't a big undertaking as it is simply cutting and sanding, but it is very small details and delicate work and you don't want to screw up your $150 calculator that is not easily replaced. So here is my calc (sorry about the fingerprints) and here is the original. Give me your thoughts and critiques.