Canadian Supplier For Centaur Girth Belt?

From
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Canadian Supplier For Centaur Girth Belt?

the 20 dollar shipping cost on a centaur mohair girth belt to canada from horseloverz.com makes me cringe. does anyone know of a canadian (online or otherwise) supplier that wont double the price of the item on shipping charges?

when it comes down to a case of beer or shipping on a mohair horse accessory, it just feels strange not picking beer.... am i alone here?

if anyone has any insight into this it'd be much appreciated.

c.

Account Deactivated
    From
    Toronto

Re: Canadian Supplier For Centaur Girth Belt?

divisionstreet0 said: View Post
    the 20 dollar shipping cost on a centaur mohair girth belt to canada from horseloverz.com makes me cringe. does anyone know of a canadian (online or otherwise) supplier that wont double the price of the item on shipping charges?

when it comes down to a case of beer or shipping on a mohair horse accessory, it just feels strange not picking beer.... am i alone here?

if anyone has any insight into this it'd be much appreciated.

c.
    Hey dude, I feel your pain. There is NO way in hell it actually cost $20 to ship that little piece of rope to Canada. I was unable to find anything online in Canada myself, and then remembered that my father used to own a tack shop that sold horse products. I think that is you best bet - find a local shop like that and phone them, more than likely they are too small to have a website.

From
    North Texas

Re: Canadian Supplier For Centaur Girth Belt?

Try Victory Canter, see what they can do.

http://www.victorycanter.com/product...2&cat=0&page=1

From
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Mullreel said: View Post
    Try Victory Canter, see what they can do.

http://www.victorycanter.com/product...2&cat=0&page=1
    $15... Better, but still. I feel stupid for sweating the dollars at this point, but it's the principle! Thanks for the heads up.

Slartibartfast, I found myself in a tack shop in Langley yesterday. Explaining to the horse lady that I needed a girth belt for myself and not a horse is an experience that I'm not too excited about repeating. She made 5 minutes worth of "saddling me up" jokes and sent me away empty handed. Maybe I should look into finding a new dad that's owned a tack shop? Seems easier than the alternative.
    Last edited by divisionstreet0; Mar 21, 2012 at 11:25 PM.