Jet Pack can you attach the jetpack to the backplate?

BFQ

New Hunter
I'm building my first suit. Everything is scratch built except for an Asok Budget cc helmet. I am just about finished with the jetpack and will need to figure out the best way to attach it. Would it be a horrible idea to attach it directly to the backplate? I'm not sure how else I would get that sucker on.

Honestly, this sounds like a bad idea given the weight of it will pull down on your vest and choke you. The Jetpack really needs its own weight-bearing harness seperate from the vest you attach your armor plates to.

Vultana is correct. Attaching the Jetpack to the backplate is a bad idea. It will choke you just as he said. You need to get (or make) a harness system to wear under the vest but over the jumpsuit that has straps that go through the back of the vest with an attachment method. (d-rings on the straps with hooks on the pack is screen accurate but some people used parachute clips) Think of it as a school backpack,with removable straps. Same basic idea.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back