Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    Nov 13, 2013, 7:44 PM - can you attach the jetpack to the backplate? #1

I'm building my first suit. Everything is scratch built except for an Asok Budget cc helmet. I am just about finished with the jetpack and will need to figure out the best way to attach it. Would it be a horrible idea to attach it directly to the backplate? I'm not sure how else I would get that sucker on.
    Nov 15, 2013, 1:32 PM - Re: can you attach the jetpack to the backplate? #2

Honestly, this sounds like a bad idea given the weight of it will pull down on your vest and choke you. The Jetpack really needs its own weight-bearing harness seperate from the vest you attach your armor plates to.
  3. Nov 23, 2013, 6:20 PM - Re: can you attach the jetpack to the backplate? #3

Vultana is correct. Attaching the Jetpack to the backplate is a bad idea. It will choke you just as he said. You need to get (or make) a harness system to wear under the vest but over the jumpsuit that has straps that go through the back of the vest with an attachment method. (d-rings on the straps with hooks on the pack is screen accurate but some people used parachute clips) Think of it as a school backpack,with removable straps. Same basic idea.