Can someone steer me towards the most accurate Boba pepakura files?

From
    Moorhead, Minnesota, United States

Can someone steer me towards the most accurate Boba pepakura files?

I'm trying to build all of the hard parts to my ROTJ Boba Fett costume, but I'm having a hard time finding really accurate pepakura files for the armor, collar, knees, shoulders, jetpack, and back.

Could someone please steer me towards some accurate pepakura files for the Boba hard pieces?

Thanks,
    Joshua C.

From
    New Jersey

Re: Can someone steer me towards the most accurate Boba pepakura files?

Personally, for the armor, I myself would buy a $15-$30 heavy duty round trash can made by Rubbermaid/Brute and use Wizard of Flights templates, cut them out of the can, and use an oven or heat gun to shape them. This will be relatively inexpensive, and have a nice looking thickness to it. As for the jetpack, I used foam board for mine and PVC pipe all according to Wizard of Flights jetpack templates. His are very accurate.

If you're still set on doing Pepakura, go HERE
    Fierfek's Star Wars Pepakura File Development

He makes excellent Pep files and all his Boba stuff is free to the public.
    Hope this helps!

From

BobasDent1138 said: View Post
    Personally, for the armor, I myself would buy a $15-$30 heavy duty round trash can made by Rubbermaid/Brute and use Wizard of Flights templates, cut them out of the can, and use an oven or heat gun to shape them. This will be relatively inexpensive, and have a nice looking thickness to it. As for the jetpack, I used foam board for mine and PVC pipe all according to Wizard of Flights jetpack templates. His are very accurate.

If you're still set on doing Pepakura, go HERE
    Fierfek's Star Wars Pepakura File Development

He makes excellent Pep files and all his Boba stuff is free to the public.
    Hope this helps!
    I've been using Fierfeks peps for a lot of stuff, but the armor doesn't quite look right.

I may try the trash can idea. I've never tried shaping something like that before, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

From
    Rockford, IL

Post #35 this is a good pep file. This is the one that I used to make my pack & was done by "Skip". It is based off of Wizard of Flight templates.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/b...o-packs-26905/

Post #30 are the gauntlet pep files. These are also the ones that I used to make mine gauntlets & was done by "Skip" as well. They are also base of Wizard of Flight templates.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f25/f...epakura-26882/

The only problem I see with using the trash can armor is paint adhering to it long term because of the type of plastic. I would recommend a sintra for the armor. It is easy to cut & form.

The helmet there are a number of these out there. I went with the one that "Skip" did that was base of Wizard of Flights templates. There are some inaccuracies about it but it does look decent. I did make some mods to it to help in some areas.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/n...tes-wip-26946/

I also made my collar & back armor from pep which was a modify file.

I made up my own pep files for the knee armor using Wizard of Flight templates.

It is a lengthy build process. I am finally nearing the end. This is my progress thread.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/r...ett-wip-48239/

I hope this helps & if you have any questions please let me know.

From
    Albuquerque

I would personally recommend going with Rafalfett's templates. They are spot on, IMHO

From

Well I picked up a big plastic tote and printed off Rafal's templates for the chest armor. I think I am going to use the plastic tote for my chest armor, and use Fierfek's peps for the collar, backplate, gaunts, and knees. Today I'm gunna try and heat and bend the chest armor pieces. Let's hope this goes well.

I was emailing Christian at MOW for some gloves and girth belt last night and I think I've decided I might pick up the jetpack through him. I'm not so sure I want to tackle that with pep.

From
    Rockford, IL

I would personally recommend going with Rafalfett's templates. They are spot on, IMHO
    I agree with RKD as well Raf's templates are awesome. But nothing wrong with WOF's either. They will both work well for you.

Here is the back armor & collar that I used. It is a modified Firefek file to look more accurate.

Here is the knee armor pep file that I designed up & used which were designed using WOF's templates that are much more accurate looking than Firefek's.

Here it the pep file for the rocket I designed & used which was designed using WOF's templates.

Firefek does fabulous work but the pep files that he has posted on the RPF for Boba Fett aren't all that accurate looking unless you use them for a base & modify highly modify them. The files that I sent you links for are pretty accurate looking & easy to work with. If you are looking at possible 501st accuracy is what you want.

The jetpack is a huge under taking but what satisfaction when it is done.

MOW does fantastic work & great to work with. Highly recommend him.

Any questions on the pep files let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by toolguy301; Jan 18, 2014 at 12:36 PM.

From

toolguy301 said: View Post
    I agree with RKD as well Raf's templates are awesome. But nothing wrong with WOF's either. They will both work well for you.

Here is the back armor & collar that I used. It is a modified Firefek file to look more accurate.

Here is the knee armor pep file that I designed up & used which were designed using WOF's templates that are much more accurate looking than Firefek's.

Here it the pep file for the rocket I designed & used which was designed using WOF's templates.

Firefek does fabulous work but the pep files that he has posted on the RPF for Boba Fett aren't all that accurate looking unless you use them for a base & modify highly modify them. The files that I sent you links for are pretty accurate looking & easy to work with. If you are looking at possible 501st accuracy is what you want.

The jetpack is a huge under taking but what satisfaction when it is done.

MOW does fantastic work & great to work with. Highly recommend him.

Any questions on the pep files let me know.
    Awesome. Is there any way I could get those from you in the .pdo formatted for A4. If you'd rather not give them out that's totally fine. It just helps me to have the model when I'm assembling peps.

Either way, thanks.

From
    Rockford, IL

Okay let me get them formatted for A4 & will post them.

From

So I decided to go the Box-a-Fett route. Seems to have come out pretty well. I just need to round the edges a bit and clean them up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1390185404169-jpg   uploadfromtaptalk1390185438888-jpg  

From
    Rockford, IL

Posted the PDf & PDO (zipped) in my WIP thread (http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/r...39/#post611395) in post #3.

I did make some mods to the back armor after getting it all together. The major thing was making the cut out in the bottom go further up & a little wider.

The knee armor has an inner pieces. Didn't really use them other than as a template for making pieces of architectural cardboard to lay on the inside to make it more rigid. Also did some trimming in areas to get shape the way I wanted.

The rocket I actually used a toilet paper roll holder through the middle section that has the ridges.

Just remember you have to be a little creative. The pep files aren't perfect in any way but I made them to what I could work with. If you have any questions let me know.

From

Perfect. I'd like to start on the back and collar tonight.

Thanks for the files.

From
    New Jersey

joshvanrad said: View Post
    So I decided to go the Box-a-Fett route. Seems to have come out pretty well. I just need to round the edges a bit and clean them up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That looks great! Keep up the good work!