Can anyone tell me about this?

Can anyone tell me about this?

Just looking over Ebay and came across this:

Just curious if anyone knows anything about him or the product.

Thanks

**Added**

Actually I am curious what people know about this guy's work as well.
    Last edited by tb9243; Mar 19, 2006 at 9:38 PM.

From
    Hartville, Oh.

Re: Can anyone tell me about this?

Be careful with bloodsportstudios. Do a search here, and you will find out about him and his work. He was banned, and he is a recaster. Not sure about the other one.

Hmm didn't even think to do a search. But I figured it was something along those lines. Thanks for the insight.

Well , the metal armor is mine and all you have to do is look at my positive feedback.I have refined this armor over a course of a couple years(hence the price increases) taking in as many screen shots as possible to get an awesome realistic look, and as accurate as needed for a costume.
    I go one step beyond screen accurate and make my product look as if you actually did some battle.
    So yes I am a reputable seller, and I describe the product exactly as it will come to you.
    It is a thinner armor but in my opinion that is not an issue as most average lookey loos only really care how it looks from the front, and it is light and comfy to wear and moves with your body,and if you do not want to go with velcro, you can use magnets on the inside of your clothing and zap....holds like a dream.
    sorry for what sounds like a sales pitch but I am trying to be helpful in regards to my product.

From
    California, a few hours away from San Diego

you better take off the link for the ebay auction, it's stated here in the code of conduct.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/faq.p...ode_of_conduct
    leave it off, or you might get banned

From
    northern NJ

i dbout youll get banned dude, but for future, ditch the ebay links- the armor looks really nice, and its metal and the magnet idea would work like a dream w/ that...id got for it

-Andrew

Hmm...never read the rules..just gone off of what I have seen in the past..and I know I have seen links to ebay auctions before...perhaps they were removed at a later date..i dont know..i dont frequent consistently enough to notice it as a problem. Especially considering there is an EBAY "icon" for the message at the bottom of the screen. like the one i put in it =p

Although additionally...the links that I posted may not necessarily be in conflict with the code of conduct. From my interpretation they would not be. I wasn't posting the links to advertise for other people..I posted because I was curious what people knew about them in order for myself to make a judgement call about whether to pursue the items personally. From that interpretation, I do not believe it would conflict with the code of conduct; however, I have removed the links anyways..so there is no issue left to argue

From

you should read the rules, they'll help you avoid trouble

From

tb9243 said:
    Although additionally...the links that I posted may not necessarily be in conflict with the code of conduct. From my interpretation they would not be. I wasn't posting the links to advertise for other people..I posted because I was curious what people knew about them in order for myself to make a judgement call about whether to pursue the items personally. From that interpretation, I do not believe it would conflict with the code of conduct; however, I have removed the links anyways..so there is no issue left to argue
    nope, "Do not post or discuss live or pending auctions under any circumstances,".

Infact, I would recommend a review of that particular rule as it seems to be riddled with contradictions.

It says you can when you are the seller though =p

From
    North Bay, Ontario

There's a new Sheriff in town. They call him Qman101

From
    The miserable mill

i think i'd leave the rule enforcing to the moderators.

bloodsport studios AKA whoever the guy who runs it is, has been known to do recasts. Even if it is recasted off abandoned kits, it's still using other peoples work. Many people here have stated the obvious similarities of his kits to other products.

I'd stear clear. Even though the original sellers don't make those kits anymore, doesn't mean someone else should take over by ripping off the work. watch out for ebay in general, you did wise to check on here first

-=QuinN!

Thanks for the heads up.

From

tb9243 said:
    It says you can when you are the seller though =p
    ya i know

oh and btw, i should agree with combatbaby. stay clear of bloodsportstudios. he does recast stuff.