Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 1, 2010, 7:27 PM - CABoots now made of suede? #1

I ordered a pair of CABoots back in May, and they FINALLY arrived on Oct 30. Now I know I'm new to this, but that seems a bit long for a pair of boots to be made. Someone please set me straight if I'm wrong about that. However, I was also EXTREMELY disappointed when they arrived and were made of suede instead of canvas. I will be calling them tomorrow to ask about this error...and possibly requesting a refund or exchange. In the mean time, can anyone point me to a better option? And please remember I'm new to this, so please spell out any abbreviations (I know what MOM and FP are, but thats about it.)
    Nov 1, 2010, 8:08 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #2

Got a pic? I'm interested in seeing what they look like in suede.
  3. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Nov 1, 2010, 8:12 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #3

you need to contact Man of War Studios for some boots... great boots, quick shipping, nice price!

would also like to see the CAboots made in suede...
    Nov 1, 2010, 9:16 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #4

Listen to FettDad !!! Man of War Studios boot !!!
  5. Nov 1, 2010, 11:15 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #5

SUEDE!?!? Im curious to see these as well. I also agree, MOW boots are the way to go. As soon as im able i will be grabbing a pair myself. Ihave boots made from Target boots. They look ok,but are a pain to maintain and the only low end part on my entire suit!
    Nov 2, 2010, 3:13 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #6

That a new one,please post the pics of the suede boots.

BW
    Nov 2, 2010, 4:47 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #7

MOW running 13's around november sometime for us sasquatch's. wow caboots on there website now $350 ouch http://caboots.zoovy.com/product/1SCSBOBA i looked a while back they were 160 still thats 2 pairs of MOW's + change
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Nov 2, 2010 at 4:53 AM.
    Nov 2, 2010, 9:21 AM - #8

That's crazy. Why all of a sudden a price change? Doesn't make sense. I am definitely picking up a pair of MOW boots for my Fett.
    Nov 2, 2010, 9:44 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #9

MandoNick......CABoots takes preorders starting around may. They sell for around $150. When they have returns or cancellations, they raise the price of the leftovers. For everyone else.....I will post pics tonight when I get home from work, as well as let you all know what the folks at CABoots say about the error.
    Nov 2, 2010, 9:47 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #10

Quote FettDad said: View Post
    you need to contact Man of War Studios for some boots... great boots, quick shipping, nice price!

would also like to see the CAboots made in suede...
    How do I contact Man of War Studios? Are they on here somewhere?
    Nov 2, 2010, 12:06 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #11

He is on the TDH, just type in MOW in the search field and you should get several hundred results, then send him a PM
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:12 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #12

OK everyone...as promised here are the pics of the suede CABoots.

13. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:30 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #13

not bad, but man those ankle spots are way to big! sole is kind of too low in profile...toe is too rounded...but all in all, not bad! definantly seen worse...

you could try to sell them, and then use the money for some MOW's...
  14. slave1pilot is offline slave1pilot
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:39 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #14

W
    T
    F
    ?

Suede?
    Really?
    Why on earth would anyone want suede Boba boots?
  15. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:40 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #15

EWWWW yeh MOW for boots is the way to go
    Nov 2, 2010, 8:45 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #16

Wow, man... Get your money back ASAP...
    Nov 2, 2010, 9:40 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #17

what was there reply extreme shortage of canvas? or someone trip over his johnson? what happened
    Nov 2, 2010, 9:45 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #18

Can't see Boba swinging his hips and singing "don't step on gray suede shoes"...

Thank God I got in on the JW run.
    Nov 2, 2010, 10:41 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #19

Quote slave1pilot said: View Post
    W
    T
    F
    ?

Suede?
    Really?
    Why on earth would anyone want suede Boba boots?
    Yeah I definitely didn't want suede....I just sort of ended up with them. I tried to call them today, but got the machine. Waiting on a reply.
    Nov 3, 2010, 3:08 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #20

I like the suede better than canvas to tell you the truth... :/ still they are ca boots...which i think are inaccurate anyway.

But why all the suede hate?

Weren't Mark Cheng boots suede? I thought for awhile cheng boots were considered the best we've had so far....and nearly impossible to find used anymore..a hefty price tag of $300+ ?

I'm glad Jango Wes did another run and Man of war is producing boots...

but really... i feel the suede is better suited for the boot construction... or maybe the unweathered canvas just looks awful. either way...anyone 100% certain what the originals were made out of?
  21. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Nov 3, 2010, 3:28 AM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #21

I always thort they should be canvas , wouldn't it be more cost efective to make them in canvas as apose to suade does not realy make sense
    Nov 3, 2010, 2:15 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #22

So I got ahold of priscilla at CABoots. Here was the gist of what she said: the supplier for the canvas they were using no longer makes it, and suede was more cost effective because it would drive up the cost for them to make their own out of canvass and sew in the two colors. Age also said, and I quote this part, "sir we've been dealing with the star wars community years. Our other owner made the change this year and notified everyone who ordered and you are the first person who has called back to complain about it." She also said the star wars community in general had no problems with the change, and that I needed to look at more reference photos because some of the photos had suede in them. Supposedly the other owner is out right now and will be calling me back to discuss various options to correct or refund.
    So as it stands right now, it looks like manofwar studios is the way to go. I'll update again when I have heard back from the other owner.
    Nov 4, 2010, 7:42 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #23

OK...latest and greatest update on the CABoots....they looked at the reference photos when I sent them the link to the gallery here. They still maintain that they are faux suede, and that they were getting complaints about how much weathering had to be done, and the inaccuracy of the product. I maintain that if they advertised it as canvas, and they didn't notify me of a change in material prior to sending my order, then I should get a refund or a new pair made at no charge to me. I still haven't heard from this mysterious and elusive "other owner" but Priscilla insists that she will either get a new pair made of canvas or a refund.
    Nov 4, 2010, 9:32 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #24

Quote stevenlramga said: View Post
    OK...latest and greatest update on the CABoots....they looked at the reference photos when I sent them the link to the gallery here. They still maintain that they are faux suede, and that they were getting complaints about how much weathering had to be done, and the inaccuracy of the product. I maintain that if they advertised it as canvas, and they didn't notify me of a change in material prior to sending my order, then I should get a refund or a new pair made at no charge to me. I still haven't heard from this mysterious and elusive "other owner" but Priscilla insists that she will either get a new pair made of canvas or a refund.
    Aye you are very correct sir it is your right and i would want a refund, or threaten them with the dept of fair trading if they get tough (or your US equivelent)
    Suede My ---, cheers for the heads up on the leftovers part wow double the price for a cancelation/leftover "what the" should be discounted.
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Nov 5, 2010 at 5:28 AM.
    Nov 5, 2010, 3:47 PM - Re: CABoots now made of suede? #25

....anyone care to chime in on my question from before?

Were Mark Cheng boots made of suede or a material other than canvas?