CA Boots

I'll probably get a pair of these one day since $100 US is a good price. Screen accuracy like the beauties Jango_Wes is selling is an awesome thing - I'll be saving my pennies for that one day.

Jango_Wes wrote:

That's true, they are cheaper. But mine are screen accurate.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking his boots. I, like many others, don't think leather is the way to go.

Wes
Yeah,I don't like the leather either,but might give in due to cost.Perhaps I can save up my pennies as well.;)

I'm actually glad CA boots is making these. It takes a lot of pressure off me to get the runs done. The way it's sounding, I probably won't need to do a third run.

Hey guys. I know many of you are excited about the new CA boots. Well I am and I am not. The price is right but the accuracy is severly lacking. However, it is our great fortune that CA boots appears to be receptive to input! I am currently putting together all my MoM and AoSW pics, many of which have not been published to send to CA boots in hopes that they will make a few changes. I would strongly encourage each and every one of you to write them and ask that they switch to a cloth based boot. If enough of us demand them, I believe they will make the changes we ask. I also hope they will alter the sole and overal shape of the boot. The contact I have is "Joey". His email address is: attitudeboots@hotmail.com PLEASE write him and tell him you like the boots but would REALLY like them if changes were made! These guys just want to sell boots. Lets let them know what it will take for us to buy them! Together, as a community, we can make this happen!

Mods, if possible, I would appreciate you posting this so everyone can see it and will write CAboots. Thanks.

Wow, those do look promising. I just sent them an email requesting the changes to be made. This would be great if they can, thats a nice price as well.

I remember seeing a pic in Chronicles where the boot actually has another one of those loops at the top, but in front. I'll double check that when I get home.

I sent an email also. aren't there places online to set up a petition? I'm sure everyone here would be happy to do at least that, and for $100 i'm sure there would be a ton of people to buy if they were more accurate. Plus I am betting that the cloth boots would be cheaper to make than the leather for the company.

I just heard back from Joey and he said switching to canvas is an "easy fix", so that's really good news. I think Braks is gently hammering him on other, more specific issues. :D

Already told them about TDH... and the more people who write them, representing TDh, the better, because it will make them take us seriously. :D

Email sent to Joey.

Whilst I'm very happy with my Wes boots, anyone who makes boots accurate enough for Braks to take an interest in is making some pretty accurate, "must have", boots.

Fingers crossed.

Si

Other than the material suggestions, what else does everyone see that could use some tweaking before going into production? Toe spikes come to mind for starters. ;)

boba_white

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back