Well trying too.
About a year ago I decided I was going to build a Fett costume, I stumbled upon TDH shortly after. As I begin to put together a list and decide which costume I wanted to build my daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. This led to some financial issues and all hobbies of mine being pushed to the side for a little bit. I sold my rally car, made sure my daughter had the best Christmas possible and learned to adapt to the new life style for my little one. Well between then and now I started back up on collecting parts. I ordered a Cucblack flak vest sometime ago and let it hang in my closet looking at it every now and then dreaming to have a complete suit. Well financial times have finally picked back up and I began to splurge a little. I got on Asok's list for the FP Cold Cast a little while ago and soon enough a helmet was in route to me, at that same time a BM helmet popped up in the cargo hold and I decided I needed two helmets, just in case I messed one up some how.
I then ordered a girth belt from Horseloverz and a jump suit and full armor set from Cucblack. While on another forum I noticed a friends Boba avatar which led me to PM and to find out he had some size 10 Man of War boots that he needed to sell. I quickly snatched them up and soon had the top and bottom to the start of my Return of the Jedi Fett. Now all I have left is a whole lot of painting and a lot of parts to collect.
Here is where I am at right now.
The boots where the first thing I began working on getting them as filthy as I could.
I first started with a "chalk based Tamiya model weathering kit, which gave some good results, but as it dried became far to light. I soon moved on to enamel paints mixed with tons of water to give a gradual darkening effect, step by step.
I then used some sandpaper and a metal file to age the boots a little more.
As of right now one boot is done, the other needs to be a bit darker to match the other boot.
So as I said before I picked up a couple helmets, sanded for a while, but was pretty scared to start painting so I did some test samples on a scrap piece of styrene I had sitting around.
Using liquid mask, rattle cans and a little bit of airbrushing I got s a result.
But I was still a little reluctant, so I started painting an RC body I had that needed a repaint anyway.
Now I was a little more confident and was assured the paints and technique I was using should do the job.
But before that I began cutting, sanding and adding markings to the Asok FP bucket.
I collected every image I could find of the ROTJ helmet, checked the markings and went for it.
Midway through the FP helmet I got a little impatient and began painting and masking the BM bucket.
It maybe a bit of a mess, but it is covered it liquid mask and hopefully turns out ok.
Shortly after this photo yesterday I finished off the paint and now have to begin pulling the masking off.
During downtime on the paint and masking drying I dyed the girth belt using the sticky on using the latex wood stain, nice simple process.
Here is the result.
That is where I am at as of today. Lots more to come over the coming months.
Im still waiting on the Cucblack jump suit and armor, which I image will be another 3-4 weeks till it shows up on my door step.
Thank you again TDH for the wealth of information, without this site I would have built a mash of a Fett.