Subscribe
    Jan 28, 2009, 1:37 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #276

Absolutely! Alot goes into this kind of thing. We have a lot to be grateful for.
  2. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jan 28, 2009, 1:40 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #277

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    Dont forget he 'donated' $500 in silicone, paypal fees, boxes, bubble wrap etc'.

That's true!
    Jan 28, 2009, 1:51 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #278

Yeah, you're a real asset to the community, Seven.
    Jan 28, 2009, 2:55 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #279

Quote KaanE said: View Post
    But have you sent all the kits? Or just a few?
    I am updating post No. 1 as progress goes. I cannot wait till I have all the kits shipped out.

Thanks all for the complemets.
    Feb 9, 2009, 2:23 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #280

Hey, Just wondering if there was any new updates?
    Feb 9, 2009, 1:24 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #281

Quote Skupilkinson said: View Post
    Hey, Just wondering if there was any new updates?
    ditto
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Feb 9, 2009, 3:21 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #282

Received my kit in the mail today...........outstanding work. I was surprised to find that the barrel is hollow. Now it's time to get cracking.
    Feb 9, 2009, 5:51 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #283

updates?

Well I am happy to say that I am now half way through the paid orders on run No. 1, I am hoping (key word) that I will get through the remaining half before the month is up.

Just as a side note, international orders shipping time frame can be up to three weeks.

I just finished a new mold for the stock, handle and am now casting the barrel in two parts to make it a bit easier for me.
    Feb 10, 2009, 12:16 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #284

Thanks Seven. Not trying to put more pressure on you mate. Just excited to recieve mine.

Casting the barrel in two parts? Like a left and right side?
    Feb 10, 2009, 11:48 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #285

Not a left and a right, but a full shaft (with some excess of the loading chamber) and a complete loading chamber.

It was mainly done so I could cast quicker and easier. Plus I was pulling more unusable barrels then I was usable ones. So, I am trying something different.
    Feb 10, 2009, 11:58 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #286

Looking forward to seeing it then mate.
    Feb 10, 2009, 12:56 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #287

I'm glad to hear you've perfected your method.

I've been ordering and trading so much lately with waits here and there so I get surprises in the mail to keep me occupied. It's too cold to troop anyway I'm just really excited to FINALLY get a blaster

cheers

-Quinn Vladimir Chovanec
    Feb 16, 2009, 9:55 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #288

Hello.

It arrived on Saturday! Thank you!

Alan
    Feb 17, 2009, 11:04 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #289

Same Here!!! Arrived Saturday.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I could not be happier Seven! This kit is a thing beauty!! Again, I applaud Seven for making this project. Everything was exactly as I'd expected! While this kit will need some TLC, to me that's part of the fun! :thumbup
    Feb 17, 2009, 11:20 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #290

If you have any kits left or planning to do a future run, please put me on the list
    Feb 17, 2009, 11:31 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #291

Quote Shinobi_Fett said: View Post
    ...While this kit will need some TLC, to me that's part of the fun! :thumbup
    Some more than others . But they cannot all be perfect.

Speaking of 'not-perfect', I am growing a small collection of parts that are in poor shape, but don't have the heart to thrown them out. I hate the idea of 'wasted' resin. If anyone wants them, they would need a lot of TLC or at least someone with skills. Just a thought.

I ordered more resin and it should be arriving shortly.
    Feb 17, 2009, 11:51 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #292

If you can put together a complete kit with the cast-away parts, I'm willing to take a shot at that TLC that shinobi mentioned Could you take a pica of the parts?

I'll use the same bondo-like polyester filler I used on my SgtFang resin bucket.

Thanks

Barry
    Feb 18, 2009, 8:01 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #293

Quote Seven said: View Post

Speaking of 'not-perfect', I am growing a small collection of parts that are in poor shape, but don't have the heart to thrown them out. I hate the idea of 'wasted' resin. If anyone wants them, they would need a lot of TLC or at least someone with skills. Just a thought.

Hi seven,

I'd agree with what Tk1450 said and like him would like to see a pic of what we'd be up against if purchasing these parts.

i PMed you a good while ago regarding a third run

man this kit looks good, i really hope you do get to that third run
  19. Member Since
    Jun 2008
    Feb 19, 2009, 3:16 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #294

Almost my turn! W00t!

20. Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Feb 20, 2009, 11:40 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #295

Quote Seven said: View Post

Depending on price, and maybe some pics. I would totally be in for a set (or as close as you can get to a full kit) of the bad castings. I'm not skilled, I'm just used to working with really bad kits (not that yours is) so I wouldn't mind.

I would still want too be on the "stand by list" for a 3rd run, but this would give me something to do in the mean time. (can't have too many Fett blasters. )
    Last edited by Jason1976; Feb 20, 2009 at 6:34 PM.
  21. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Feb 23, 2009, 1:12 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #296

hey everyone, i was given permission from Seven to post this little advertisement here to let you all know that i have made the sling mounts for the ESB EE-3 slings...i have a thread in the cargo hold,

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=30718

and there you can find payment information and pics...

thank you Seven for allowing me to do this :thumbup, and i hope that i can help anyone out that may need these mounts...thanks!!

please feel free to pm me with any questions...
    Feb 23, 2009, 1:39 PM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #297

^These mounts would be great for anyone needing something more solid.
    Feb 24, 2009, 1:39 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #298

I think I'll hang on 'til I have a Webley before looking for the rest of the parts.

Any idea when you may be finished shipping the first run out Seven??
    Last edited by Skupilkinson; Feb 24, 2009 at 1:46 AM.
    Feb 24, 2009, 11:03 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #299

I just shipped out 5 more kits, and the next five are on the table, and should be done and in the mail within this next week or next.
    Feb 24, 2009, 11:12 AM - Re: BudgetFett No. 4 Interest Webley Scott Resin kit #300

OK, here is a pic of the barrel and the handle of the kits that need a lot of TLC. They didn't met the bar, but I didn't want to throw them away and waste the resin. Two of the barrels have a hole in the shaft and one in the middle end fin is broken off (should be two fins). The handles are chaulk full of airbubbles and would need a lot of sanding to smooth out. They are perfectly workable, especially if you are doing a ROTJ (as the barrel gets a face lift anways).

These would come with a everything for a complete kit, but just offering them up if anyone wants to take a crack at a challenge.
    Last edited by Seven; Feb 25, 2009 at 11:48 AM.