Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 26, 2004, 5:05 PM - Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #1

Anyone that needs a jumpsuit quickly or is a newbie, please check back here for updates.
    Sep 26, 2004, 5:15 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #2

If you dont mind John I would just like to throw in this website for coveralls. The shipping is half of what it is on the other site, and its the same coverall.

http://www.workingclassclothes.com/cvrlcot.htm

Sep 26, 2004, 5:19 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #3

Go here...
    http://www.automotiveworkwear.com/Me...ategory_Code=C

Buy the one with the longer inseam in white. Also, buy a few sizes larger than you need. You get longer pants and sleeves. Do not buy 2 suits, only 1 suit. The material is 100% cotton and will take dye well - use search engine on dyeing fabric.

Cut sleeves in half. Hem all cut edges and save the sleeve material. You can connect this "Tube" so to say under the short sleeve by using cheap strap webbing. Either as a link between the two sleeve tubes or connected/sewn to the armpits individually. A bonus, I imagine their will be additional ventilation inside the suit since the sleeves are not sealed. Another idea is to cut a small slit, add a tab of fabric, and add velcro. Close tightly around biceps.

Cut the pant bottoms, save material for shin tool pockets. Go to fabric store and buy 1 yard of white 100% cotton Twill fabric. Use pouch templates on this web site to make pouches. Attach with Velcro.

My wife is making mine this week. She says it will work.

Say hey if you have comments or suggestions. I will post pics soon.

Sep 26, 2004, 5:20 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #4

Thanks! Great tip. I am not dyeing mine, I am doing the white McQuarrie Fett. I am sure it can be dyed any depth of grey, blue-grey or deep royal blue.

cal196 wrote:

If you dont mind John I would just like to throw in this website for coveralls. The shipping is half of what it is on the other site, and its the same coverall.

http://www.workingclassclothes.com/cvrlcot.htm

Sep 26, 2004, 5:28 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #5

If you have exceptionaly long arms you might want to consider getting a white long sleeve work shirt, that is what I had to do, my inseam is a 32 so i figured I may as well get the shirt for sleeves and material for the shin pockets.

did your jumpsuit skrink? mine did lol. preshrunk hmmm I am glad there sized to fit over cloths.
    Sep 27, 2004, 5:26 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #6

mine shrunk for some odd reason...hmmm, what could it be? Oh, I know...FAT.

I thought of something that may be even more functionable. Take a scrap T-shirt and attach sleeve tubes to the ends of the sleeves. Should be stable.

Later!
    Sep 27, 2004, 7:42 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #7

I guess noone else in interesed lol
    Sep 27, 2004, 9:43 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #8

You hurt me, really. Deeply, on the inside...sniff, sniff. I just want to go, well, cry. Gosh, oh well, nobody likes me since I poured salt on their wounds...I was just trying to help. Too bad they will be without the Star Fortress suits in time. And I will not have time to help. Well, they will look good for C3, or maybe Ep 3 opening in May, 2005.

Agggghhh! Ha Ha! cal196, I am just joshin' - you are someone with a sense of humor - while some are just, you know, obsessed with that little molecule of silver that has to be right above the right, mandible, but not too close to the visor, or the sleeve seam has to be triple-hemmed, with the pouch double-hemmed, but clear of the cod-piece (not under, like the Star Force Suits!), therefore looking like a total Fett-idiot (like I will look like, but a bit better than my friends that buy their costumes at Target. I love the "Scream" movie mask, that is so awesome).

Oh well, maybe this string will give a laugh to some people too! Later man.

cal196 wrote:

I guess noone else in interesed lol
    Sep 27, 2004, 11:20 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #9

Yo! I'm still interested White Fettboy!

Geo
    Sep 27, 2004, 11:46 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #10

Geo wrote:

Yo! I'm still interested White Fettboy!

Geo
    Geo, you be part of my "White Possie!" - word!
    Sep 27, 2004, 11:55 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #11

Crisp and clean but loaded with caffeine!
    Sep 28, 2004, 2:18 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #12

hey ill be part of the white posse .... well.... until it hits the blue dye anyway lol
    Sep 28, 2004, 2:41 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #13

Yep I know, like me I am dying my coveralls blue beca8se I like the look and dont care for light gray, it just doesnt look right to me. do I care if its screen accurate? No. Its what I like so thats what I'm doin. All of what I think are the best aspects of Boba Fett, and I'm calling it The Shadows OF the Empire Boba Fett lol I know its corny.

woah I had to eidt that, it was messed up .
    Sep 28, 2004, 3:33 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #14

The Possie Grows, we are now 3, maybe 4! United in White!
  15. thunderbolt885
    Sep 28, 2004, 9:02 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #15

united in white?

*cough* nazi *cough*
    :-p
    i migh tbe interested, hwo about a white fett suit with an arc trooper bucket?
    Sep 29, 2004, 12:21 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #16

Was ist Loss? Ich bin keine NAZI. Ich bin eine Fetten-Köpf! Das ist Alles. Das ARC Waffen oder Stürm-Clonen ist sehr gut fur machen Sie einen Krieglich Rustung! Klar? Wir Sprechen Morgen, Ja? Auf Weider Sehen und guten Abend haben mein freund!

thunderbolt885 wrote:

united in white?

*cough* nazi *cough*
    :-p
    i migh tbe interested, hwo about a white fett suit with an arc trooper bucket?
    Sep 29, 2004, 10:04 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #17

I got my white suit yesterday. They suggested to go up a couple of sizes. It is JUMBO! I have to send back and get a smaller one. If anyone is doing this method, I am going to match the fabric and have my wife attempt the pockets. Perhaps, we can make a small batch of pockets for anyone interested to Velcro to a similar/same suit. They look good and sturdy. The longer in-seam is not necessary, the legs are super long.

Will have pocket pics up this weekend...I hope.
    Sep 29, 2004, 10:35 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #18

It says on the web site its sized to fit over cloths, that means to me its sized up one size, why would they tell you to go up two more sizes making it an overall 4 sizes up? Wierd.
    Sep 29, 2004, 3:18 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #19

Perhaps I did not specify about clothes underneath, but I did say it was for a costume. It would fit Shaq! Very gigantuos!

cal196 wrote:

It says on the web site its sized to fit over cloths, that means to me its sized up one size, why would they tell you to go up two more sizes making it an overall 4 sizes up? Wierd.
    Sep 29, 2004, 3:39 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #20

lol I got a 42, and had to wash it in very hot water so it would shrink, to big.
    Sep 29, 2004, 3:39 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #21

Interested in pouche and pockets.

Geo

Must get drawings done... Must get drawings done...
    Oct 1, 2004, 11:16 AM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #22

They are being test assembled this week-end. I am sending back the big suit and they were cool and agreed to send the replacement out Wednesday. I ordered 2 sizes smaller and short inseam. Any extra can be tailored by Mrs. Sale - my wife truly hates this. Only 28 more days...

Geo wrote:

Interested in pouche and pockets.

Geo

Must get drawings done... Must get drawings done...
    Oct 1, 2004, 12:35 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #23

I think my wife is truly staring to hate my Star Wars obsession.
    Oct 1, 2004, 1:20 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #24

hehe Your wife is gonna LOVE you so much, John. My girlfriend has already gone past that, "aww that's cute you are doing what you love" phase, and is currently speeding into the, "is that more important to you than me?" phase.

I can't wait to see the pics, man. Post'em as soon as you can!

Oct 1, 2004, 3:51 PM - Re: Budget Fett Jumpsuit Mod - 30 day countdown #25

You gonna put the seams on the front of the sleeves?, I actually pulled the stitching out from the arms and turned it so it would be facing in front, did the same thing with the shirt. since you dont see the seams of the sleeves at the shoulders I figured it wouldnt hurt if my sewing sucked.