Subscribe
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 10, 2015, 10:12 AM - Budget boots - spikes question #1

Hi all , I'm in the process of making a budget pair of boots . I know they are far from screen accurate , but im quite pleased with progress so far .theyll certainly suffice for what in trying to achieve at present .....
    has anyone else made their own , I really can't afford 130 for a real made pair at the moment .
    Anyway the question is , did I read on here somewhere the spikes should point upwards ? I may well have dreamt it lol .. The reason being the spikes I've made actually fit better pointing up at an angle slightly . Would this look ok to go with ? Or should they point straight out .
    Cheers

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	84805  
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2014
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 10, 2015, 10:39 AM - Re: Budget boots - spikes question #2

I suggest looking at the gallery pictures for fett boot stills of the costume. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...t-costume.html has a great example for boots. In the image the spikes are flat, but the right boot looks like it has lifted up over time.
    2 Weeks Ago - Feb 10, 2015, 10:49 AM - Re: Budget boots - spikes question #3

Quote crumdum said: View Post
    I suggest looking at the gallery pictures for fett boot stills of the costume. http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...t-costume.html has a great example for boots. In the image the spikes are flat, but the right boot looks like it has lifted up over time.
    THANKS Yeah I see what you mean...I guess I'll have to try and straighten the toes off a bit and get them sticking out front more....cheers