Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    May 2005
    Feb 29, 2008, 12:14 PM - Budget Boba - Flightsuit #1

Hi,
    I've got a quick question about flightsuits. I've recently found that perfect flightsuit. You know, that one that you've been looking for so long and fits perfectly... well, it's in dark blue.. that won't undye out. So, now I'm on the hunt for a new one that I might possibly purchase on the net. My question is how to tell the if a suit is the correct size when the information they give says 42T or 44 or 38. Honestly, I've got no idea what those numbers are trying to tell me.

(PS I'm 5' 11" and with a average build. Maybe someone here knows what size I might need.)
  2. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Feb 29, 2008, 1:10 PM - Re: Budget Boba - Flightsuit #2

If is says 42T, that would mean it should fit a 42" chest and a tall person. The most important thing to keep in mind is that these coveralls are all designed to be worn over regular street clothes, so if you measure a 42", and you purchase a 42" it would probably be baggy. I would suggest ordering a size smaller than you need.

If you find, let's say a Dickies, online for a good price, go to a local store and try on some dickies coveralls to determine size, then purchase it off the web, with your better price. Or make sure you know return policies, in case you need to exchange or return it.

Even if you cannot find a local store that sells the same brand you are going to buy online, you could probably get a good idea by finding any local store with coveralls and trying them on for size.

If you have any other questions, please PM me. I can help you with the mod's if you need it.

Debbi
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Feb 29, 2008, 4:53 PM - Re: Budget Boba - Flightsuit #3

Quote Germ said: View Post
    well, it's in dark blue.. that won't undye out.
    I might be completely wrong about this, but isn't there a way to bleach them and then dye them the correct color or will that not work? I thought I remembered seeing some type of bleaching agent in the same area as the RIT dyes that allows you to whiten or bleach fabric. Just a suggestion.
  4. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Feb 29, 2008, 4:57 PM - Re: Budget Boba - Flightsuit #4

I have heard of this also, something that will take the color out of fabric.....

Hm...
    Dharma Trading has the best dye, so I have heard, http://www.dharmatrading.com/
    Here is a dye remover from their site http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/en...chemicals.html

I think you can call them for advise also.
  5. Member Since
    May 2005
    Mar 1, 2008, 12:55 AM - Re: Budget Boba - Flightsuit #5

hey thanks guys for all the suggestions and especially Lady for addressing the size issue! The main problem I have with the undying process is that it's a 35% cotton / 65% polyester. The Rit removed all the cotton dying but the polyester is as blue as the day I got it.