Subscribe
    Sep 30, 2011, 12:43 PM - Budget Boba Boots #1

I was poking around on Wal-Mart's website trying to find a tall boot for my Han Solo Costume when I stumbled upon these rubber boots:

Walmart.com: Tingley Men's Half Boot: Shoes I had some success sealing then painting rubber boots last year on my Boba Fett suit. I used a poly-acrylic water based sealer and painted it on the boot. Once it had dried, I was able to use regular old rattlecans to mask off and paint the boot however I wanted. Super-glued thin black shoestrings to the front for the "ribbed" part and it held up well.

These Wal-Mart boots are $43 bucks, so they aren't the cheapest, but if you wanted to save a bit and were feeling crafty, they might do the trick. Just wanted to pass it along. And you just have to have the closest boot I've ever seen to the screen used boot, save that 43 bucks and put it towards a pair of Man of War's boots.! They are the bees knees! (saving for a pair of his myself)

Corey "Fierce" Pierce
    Oct 12, 2011, 12:32 AM - Re: Budget Boba Boots #2

Same idea, wanted to be crafty and cheap - found these on amazon Bogs Mens Chuka Boot- used thin black paracord for the ribbing and painted them up. The grey is darker in person so I lightened it with some drybrushing when I weathered them. 26 bucks shipped
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Oct 12, 2011, 9:04 AM - Re: Budget Boba Boots #3

Only thing I can say here is if u buy them it's pretty much a waste of $ when u buy real Fett boots being ur buying something twice. Think hard before pulling the trigger maybe be patient and buy the right thing the first time.
    Oct 12, 2011, 10:56 AM - Re: Budget Boba Boots #4

Realistically, with less than $100 more you can have MOW boots that only need paint. It really depends on your situation annd how soon you neeed boots
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Oct 12, 2011, 11:41 AM - Re: Budget Boba Boots #5

I'd try n use something I had but didn't wear before buying something that's not close as possible
    Oct 12, 2011, 12:33 PM - Re: Budget Boba Boots #6

All good info considering the amount of "budget" (not cheap) builds popping up on the boards.
    Last edited by ChrisFettMD; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:55 PM.