Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Dec 24, 2002, 7:30 PM - Merged: Re: Bronze Webley MK1No1 pototype - PICS are here! #26

Yes the design is there. In addition, I will be leaving the grip golden (natural) bronze like the original as well.
    Dec 28, 2002, 7:08 PM - Merged: Re: Bronze Webley MK1No1 pototype - UPDATE 12/28 #27

Thought I would share with you a progress pic of the Webleys. I started out by cleaning a few but the barrels are still at the foundry. I should be swinging to a higher gear starting January.
    Dec 28, 2002, 10:48 PM - Merged: Re: Bronze Webley MK1No1 pototype - PICS are here! #28

hu huh hu hu....thats the coolest thing ive ever seen....hu hu huh hu
  4. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Jan 8, 2003, 5:13 PM - Merged: Re: Bronze Webley MK1No1 in production 12/29!! #29

If we requested to be on list how soon do you need payment I got it ready to fire off just say the word.
    Jan 30, 2003, 10:51 PM - Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #30

***UPDATE NOTE***
    primary list for these are closed. I will fill all outstanding orders before beginning any new ones. I should have primary list completed by May or June. Please note new price of $385 shipped for a complete replica. The price of $210 shipped stands for rough casting. Thanks

I'm sorry for taking so long to post up a finished pic of the NO.1Mk.1 Webley flare gun. I had so many prop related functions that finding time has been difficult. What I have to show here is a finished replica. It still features the loading action but now I have all the hardware in great working order. It actually 'clicks' and locks when the barrel is swung closed. The finish on it is M20 (I believe it is used for gun blueing) On bronze it makes a deep black or when applied lighter, a rich brown. The gun looks old and used... the way I like it. The stocks is a rich maroon. Although Chrima will be making them more dark brown, I rather like the color shown. Here are a few pics:

1) This is the finished piece along side two recently cast elements. The barrel is still on the gating system with the investment still clinging. The reciever shows how the handle is cut open on the bracket side to make the gun lighter due to no internal structure. The 'cap' or plug will be welded on and the handle will be sanded down and finished. This is to illustrate the process and to give a look at the middle point of production.

2) This picture shows a comparison of a real Webley Mk1No1. In fact, the same Webley used to mold. There is little difference in size and weight from a real gun... but because of the casting process, the barrel wall is a bit thicker and smaller, making it difficult to fit a flash tube in it. I will be looking into substitutes - and possibly ways to clean up the barrel to accomodate a tube.

I have been overwhelmed with the interest in these and YES, I will still produce them. I have decided that I can only make about 5 a month. Perhaps more, but I wish to remain sane. Due to the amount of work involved, the asking price is $385 shipped. International orders require more shipping.
    I figure the fairest way to get these out will be to make a sign up sheet. The only problem is that so many have already contacted me a long time ago that I would like to serve them fairly.
    So what I am asking is to judge the time you wish to alow and I will slot you in as appropriately as possible. I will be able to cut barrels and what not... just ask.

Please send ALL requests concerning the Webley to this address:

webleyno1mk1@sbcglobal.net

oh - please include board name and how you would like the piece (i.e. complete or cut barrel, rough casting ($210 shipped) etc.)
    and chemical coloring is optional (it will be dark black with golden highlights)... painting may be prefered in which I will leave the gun cleaned bronze.

*Note* These are cast replicas using the lost wax method. It is by no means a machined or precision piece. If you count the number of pits and tiny flaws in a replica, please spare yourself the time for these are NOT perfect and each will be unique. I do my best to make these work well and look good.

6. Jan 30, 2003, 11:40 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #31

That is simply gorgeous.
    Jan 31, 2003, 1:06 AM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #32

WOW, words cant describe what I am looking at!! Email sent!
  8. Ego
    Jan 31, 2003, 7:42 AM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #33

Oh man oh man oh man

*breath*

Oh man oh man oh man

I need a paperbag, I think I'm hyperventilating.

Jer
    Jan 31, 2003, 9:14 AM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #34

Awesome!!!

Cuse my ignorance, but will this work into a ROTJ Blaster too?

Many thanks!

Stay safe.
  10. Appolo_50
    Jan 31, 2003, 10:36 AM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #35

yeah i'm with halo... do they work with ROTJ. Also if you get the $210 deal how hard is it to finish it up?

Thanks
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Jan 31, 2003, 3:14 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #36

Yep, you can do a couple things to make it a ROTJ.

1 have Hand Shaub cut down the barrel so you can add on the front part.

2. Make a sleeve to fit over the front part for ROTJ.

I do know that obi1kenny on the RPF is working on a machined aluminum ROTJ peice to fit these.

Also on the wood stocks, the one in the pic is a prototype. The wood I will be using is very close in the grain and weight. I am still experimenting with color, but really the color on the real guns varies anyway. I am primarily trying to match the original wood stock that I am using for my templates.

Anyway, these will be the next best thing to the real deal.

Later,

Chris
    Jan 31, 2003, 4:28 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #37

Is the optional chemical coloring a good option for doing an ESB blaster? I assuming the one pictured has it,and it looks fantastic! I'm thinking it would be a good idea for the ESB,but wanted some opinions.

With regards to fitting a flash tube in the barrel,wouldn't a dremel with a sanding wheel,and some grinding stones/wheels be able to custom fit a flash tube in the barrel by removing enough material from the inside?

Steve
    Jan 31, 2003, 5:41 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #38

Thanks Chrima, looking forward to it.

Stay safe.
    Jan 31, 2003, 6:32 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #39

thanks for all the great comments.

The coloring would be as accurate as I can get it. THis is the same chemical used to darken guns but on bronze it's a bit more brown. The original ESB gun was 'unspoiled' so a stock Webley and its 'natural' color is the biggest part of an accurate prop (golden grip and all).

The barrels may be made to accomodate a tube by sanding and what not. I have yet to do this so I don't want to give a deffinate yes right away. It will make the metal pretty thin but with the tube inserted it will have strength. Either way, give me a bit of time and I'll try it out.

The clean up on these are not a cake walk - especially when fitting elemnets together. It's not like a model kit where sand paper is enough. A general idea about metal working and some proper tools are needed. As you can see form the recently cast pieces, there are some pretty big chunks of metal to grind through.

Thanks Chrima for answering thos questions as well. Yes, the same gun was used as a base in Jedi but the prop was a cast resin piece I believe.
    Jan 31, 2003, 6:45 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #40

Thanks for answering my questions HS Sounds,and certainly looks like your chemical coloring option is certainly worth it to me.

email back atcha'

Thanks agian,
    Steve
    Feb 1, 2003, 3:33 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #41

Here are a few new pictures I took to show the detail and action of the Webley. Notice the picture where I push on the reciever plate to unlock the barrel.

Feb 1, 2003, 9:41 PM - Re: Bronze Webley prototype 2 - sign up?! #42

These new pics are just unbelievably SWEET, Brian! E-mail sent
    Feb 5, 2003, 12:08 AM - Bronze Webley update!! 02/04 #43

Well, it looks like I was wrong!!!! But in this case, I am happy to be wrong. I am able to and will clean the barrels enough to accomodate flash tubes! pictured is a Heiland 2 cell.

Feb 5, 2003, 4:23 PM - Re: Bronze Webley replica update 02/04 #44

I'm typing this from the floor since I just fell off in an abundance of thanks that this will be possible,.....and a Heiland 2-cell is what I've got to use,so this is great news for me. The updates keep getting better.

Thanks again,
    Steve
    Feb 16, 2003, 12:50 AM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #45

Don't you hate it when you are interested in something and it feels like projects just die??? Well I hate that too, so I wanted to share where the Webley project is at. I have the first four Webleys ready to ship (you know who you are). I will be contacting others soon with prospective timelines. Here is a pic as of this evening:

I have a chemical treatment on it to make them dark brown to near black and the finish is more consistent than previous any of the prototypes. The barrels are grinded out to accomodate a flash tube(That is a 3 cell Heiland in the top gun). All Webleys will load and lock as well. The new stocks Chrima has made are fantastic! I am very pleased with how these are turning out! Sorry the picture is not the greatest quality - I usually use a friends camera but now I only had my cheap digicam. I will confess that there may be more knicks and flaws than are noticeable from these pics but it only adds to the authenticity of a worn blaster. I hope I didn't leave out anything... thanks
    Feb 16, 2003, 1:02 AM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #46

That's a real beauty man. Helmet's off to you. Pat yourself on the back, you deserve it.

Feb 16, 2003, 6:33 PM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #47

I'll just keep it simple and say AWESOME!!!!

I just sent you an email HS

Steve
    Feb 16, 2003, 10:14 PM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #48

24. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    Feb 16, 2003, 11:25 PM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #49

Anyone got $325 they want to lend me? That looks simply awesome.
  25. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Feb 17, 2003, 2:52 PM - Re: Bronze Webley replica UPDATE 2/15! #50

Wow Brian, those are looking great.

Great to see the finished product come together so nicely.

Thanks,

Chris