Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    11 Hours Ago - Apr 18, 2015, 12:08 AM - Brand New to Fett Costume #1

Hi all

I am brand new to making a Boba Fett.

There is so much information on these forums i am getting swamped ! i seen the soft armour sections and the armour templates, it makes it look all so easy !

Few Questions that I want to ask, and I know that it’s probably been asked a million times before.

Q.1 what’s cheaper to build/buy

ESB
    or
    ROJ

Q2. If I chose to build a set what is easier for a beginner like myself ESB or ROJ ?

Q.3 Is there a definitive list of parts with links to purchase? I want to keep costs way down low and I am UK based, so the shipping will kill me eventually since i want to do it slowly part by part over months rather than one massive order

Q4. Whats the most cost effective way to make/build this, i dont have anything but sewing machine- would it be cheep to buy a 3d printer and print my own parts or to buy casts and finish them ?

Thanks in advanced
    Last edited by crimson; 11 Hours Ago at 12:31 AM.
  2. Member Since
    Nov 2013
    7 Hours Ago - Apr 18, 2015, 3:58 AM - Re: Brand New to Fett Costume #2

Welcome to this crazy adventure. Iīll try to give you some answers.

Q1: ROTJ is a little bit cheaper than ESB since you donīt have the sidearm and holster (this can be expensive if you want to have the original nemrod one). It also dempend on how you want to build it. If you buy the armor parts, helmet, blaster and jetpack unpainted, price would be nearly the same for ROTJ and ESB.

Q2: Both Fetts are chalanging costumes. My opinion is that ROTJ Fett is a little bit easier to build, but you have to consider that the paintjob on the jetpack is far more chalanging than ESB. I also think the helmet is more chalanging (my opinion)

Q3: There is no definitive list of vendors. Here are a lot of talented peaple who will help you and give you a hint. For armor i can recommend Fettpride, RKD, MoW,Bobamaker (located in EU; this might be interesting for you since you have lower shipping costs and no import taxes), softparts: Arkadi, MoW and Bobamaker, metal parts: Full metal Fett, Dark side or Jodocast. These are only a few of the vendors you can find here. So take your time and check out the forums.

Q4: I think the most cost effective way is building as much as you can by yourself. There are a lot of fantastic tutuorials and build threads here. I depends on your budget, timeframe and level of accuracy you want to achive.

So take your time and browse the forums. Donīt rush and stay away from eBay with exception of MoW (Man of War), MLS and Mojo Fett.

Both Fetts are fantastic costumes and a lot of fun to build.