Boot alternative

Boot alternative

This is my first post, as such...
    Thanks to all for providing such great information, tutorials, and your own trials and tribulations. Ive been stalking posts for a long time and putting my own rotj together.
    Like many I cant spend the money on quality parts... In this case, the boots.

The boba boots are essentially ankle high chelsea boots with a flat sole. Ive seen some examples of modifying soles or completely resoling a boot here so im not too concerned. many of the links here to alternative boots are old and dead, so ill post one I like.

Men's Chelsea Boot from Lands' End Canvas

lands end chelseas. There are plenty of better ones but on average this style of boot seems expensive. These are under forty.

Thanks all

From
    Austin, Texas

Re: Boot alternative

Nice find, this may help my own custom mando, though I have questions. first have you tried these before? and if so hows the quallty? also is it on offer right now?

From
    thornton, co

not bad, 37 bucks.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I had something similar... I used a piece of foam and GOOP glue to fill in the heel area and smoothed it over. You could scratchbuild a decent pair of boots out of these.

clonecollector said: View Post
    I had something similar... I used a piece of foam and GOOP glue to fill in the heel area and smoothed it over. You could scratchbuild a decent pair of boots out of these.

Hah, I was actually thinking of that thread when I was referencing the sole.

No I havent pulled the trigger on the purchase yet, so I can't vouch... I just thought they were decent for the price... A lot of the chelsea style boots are expensive and wouldnt be worth the extra work compared with a finished boot. I'm glad I could help someone! And yes those are current.