Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BobaMaker- Worth the money?

From
    Philadelphia PA

BobaMaker- Worth the money?

Hey all I'm new and I don't mean to offend anyone with this post, I'm just curious. Soon I'm going to need to buy armor- the whole package. I don't want to cheap out on this thing really, I want stuff that'll look good. But prices are all over the place. I've seen sets ranging from around $100 and up. Which brings me to Bobamaker's site. His stuff seems really nice, but all combined its $405 just for the armor without shippnig to the USA. Is it worth the money to buy from him in the US? I really like the look of the fiberglass pieces. They look thick. The have a ridge... Is there a comparable armor maker in the US? I've seen Fettpride's work and it looks amazing, but nowhere have I seen prices, and he seems backed up with people wanting his stuff. I'm just looking to figure out where I need to go when I have the cash, and also how much cash I'll need to spend on a really top notch set of armor like BobaMaker's stuff.

Any help?

Phil

From
    Newport News, VA

Re: BobaMaker- Worth the money?

You can't go wrong with B_M's stuff! I own a complete set of his torso armor (chest/neck/back/shoulders) and some of his soft goods as well.
    Absolutely awesome products!

From
    O'Fallon, Illinois the STL

His stuff is absolutly flawless, having seen some items up close. You could, if wanted to save some, buy all armor from BM and then go to Skygunbro for a cheaper jumpsuit and vest (still great quality though).

Absolutely worth the money. I've slowly been putting together a set of BM's armor-chest (except the diamond) and collar, knee's, and kidney plate so far. Keep checking the Cargo Hold here, you can find his stuff for sale at a great price sometimes. If you have the money to be able to buy a complete set of Boba's armor etc, go for it. One thing about ordering from him, it may take up to 6 weeks or so sometimes depending upon time of year and size of your order, for him to make it. Longer if he's super busy-and never order around Halloween as it seems to be his busy time of year, which equals longer to get to and complete your order...

Happy Holidays!

You can't go wrong with BM. His stuff is great, well worth the money.

I will be putting all my armor up for sale in the new year so watch this space!

From
    Koblenz Germany

Boba Maker Armor parts = Top Quality + Nice Guy + Fair Prices.

From
    Norwich UK

i'm upgrading in the new year and will be buying BM gear. Trust me you can't beat his stuff

I helped at SDCC '08 Jimmy BufFETT's Avatar
    From
    Phoenix, AZ

BM's armor is worth every penny if ya ask me! I just got my new armor and helmet from him, and it looks VERY spot-on-accurate! After seein' the pics of myself in it, I will tell anyone who inquires that it is DEFINITELY worth the $$ and wait. And yes, those are fair prices ... there is a ton of work that goes into all of his props!

From
    Pottstown, PA

Like everyone else had said, you can't go wrong with BM stuff. Most of my armor and soft parts are from him.

His costume props are amazing and is a nice guy to deal with got the armour set ordered and cannot wait till it arrives

From
    Corbin, Ky

Jimmy BufFETT said: View Post
    BM's armor is worth every penny if ya ask me! I just got my new armor and helmet from him, and it looks VERY spot-on-accurate! After seein' the pics of myself in it, I will tell anyone who inquires that it is DEFINITELY worth the $$ and wait. And yes, those are fair prices ... there is a ton of work that goes into all of his props!
    Yeah...What HE said.

Wow... it's nice to be appreciated, thanks for the kind words. Build time at the momemt for Armour is around 6-8 weeks.

DAZ

From
    Philadelphia PA

OK then- I think I'm sold. =) Bobamaker, you have quite a few supporters, and if they all have such good things to say I guess that I don't have to worry about getting my armor when the time comes.

Also, I don't want anyone to think I was knocking Bobamaker or anything, I was just wondering about prices and quality and I chose bobamaker simply because his stuff seems the most complete and authentic, and readily available priice-wise...

Thanks again guys!

Phil

Any armor that you buy from some of the more well known sellers, and people that are in high demand you are gonna have to wait for a while to get it. Bobamaker is in a word a YES, great stuff.

Account Deactivated

Your not going to find any better.

Account Deactivated

Although I haven't held any of BM's armor work, Natty15d makes a pretty mean set. It's some of the most accurately shaped stuff I own. I'm just not sure where he is in terms of production right now, but I'm sure it's at least worth a PM. See thread:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=13449
    Last edited by SingleSeat; Dec 18, 2006 at 8:01 PM. Reason: see thread

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I'll be buying a helmet from him soon. I know I've been saying that for a while now, haha, but I will be ordering it within the next few days!!

I have never seen a suit of armour by BM up close, but his armour is absolutely flawless on all fronts. You could buy ANYTHING from him and be happy with it, I have yet to see someone to complain about BM's material or quality. If you buy from him, you will never have to upgrade, and it is well worth the money.

From
    Ohio

Bobamkers stuff is top notch. You pay for quality. I knew when I bought my armor, helmet, jumpsuit and vest from Bobamaker I would never have to upgrade.

Coyote pretty much hit the nail on the head-you get what you pay for...

Merry Christmas!

Account Deactivated

I ordered all my armor from BM back in NOV

as soon as it arrives, I'll post pics & do a review
    So far, he's a great guy & very accomodating. I'm sure my opinion will not change & I'll be more than pleased with it

BM is DEFINATLY worth the money. About 90 % of my current suit are BM parts with 3 more coming ( crotch and butt plate soon, the jet pack a little later ) to finish the suit of.
    Check through the different sections for posts started by me for WIP posts.

hellopike said: View Post
    His stuff seems really nice, but all combined its $405 just for the armor without shippnig to the USA.

I've seen Fettpride's work and it looks amazing, but nowhere have I seen prices, and he seems backed up with people wanting his stuff.
    Phil
    I'm not sure what is included in that $405 price from BM. But for a little price comparison, I paid $285 ALONE for a set of FP's ROTJ gauntlets. If that gives you any perspective on BM's pricing.
    HTH,
    Lynn

From
    Phenix City, AL

slave1pilot said: View Post
    I ordered all my armor from BM back in NOV

as soon as it arrives, I'll post pics & do a review
    So far, he's a great guy & very accomodating. I'm sure my opinion will not change & I'll be more than pleased with it

Agree. Same situation here. Can't wait to receive a box on my door from him.

Robert

From
    Tampa Bay

Daz (Bobamaker) is the best. I purchased all my soft parts & armor from him. You get what u pay for. The detail is incredible! You won't be sorry.

Account Deactivated

DarthVader1 said: View Post
    Agree. Same situation here. Can't wait to receive a box on my door from him.

Robert

I got an email from him toady
    1 to 2 weeks until it ships
    woohoo
    now, where's Rex & my new JP?