Boba thong ????

From
    Norfolk UK

Boba thong ????

Just waiting on my boots and then my ROTJ fett is done, all thanks to Daz so not my work. But I have read about a thong? Cant say Ive noticed this before, anyone shed any light on the thong if I need one, with pics if poss and where it attaches to

THanks guys

Marcel

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

Re: Boba thong ????

as you can see in this picture there is a piece of elastic running up boba's butt crack.

that is the dreaded boba thong. on my suit i have it attached at the "point" of the cod (the furthest back spot where it cups under the boys), and it runs up the split and attaches in the middle of the back under the kidney plate. i used 1" wide elastic, attached the soft side of velcro to both ends, and the hook side to the armor. hopefully when you're getting into armor you have a dresser/squire that is comfortable with their hands near your nether regions.

From
    Norfolk UK

Cool just been told its not needed for 501st clearance, but may have a look round and see if I can get some grey elastic, probably will use poppers though instead of velcro

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i think it's white elastic, it just looks gray from the weathering. that's what i used and dirtied it up like everything else on boba.

From
    Sarlacc pit a.k.a Diss Norfolk UK

Hey Marcel, thanks for posting this, this was my next question!

If you find any elastic LMK

Ive enquired about a certain location for a photo shoot, will let you know if we get the go ahead.

Steve

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

it's 1" wide white elastic. the same stuff that goes around the back of the knee. you should be able to find it at any fabric store in the solar system.

From
    Norwalk, CT

1" elastic as said before -- attached with snaps from point of cod to middle of kidney. I hinge my cod kidney open (leaving one side bolt and the elastic thong in place), step in and close it up. Never have to remove thong snaps.

Bit of advice -- Make the thong LOOSE! It can droop a couple inches and still look right. You'll never know it's there. Not meant to be floss or a dance belt.

From
    Puerto Rico

maybe you can sew it to the flightsuit, as to create the effect of a thong, but not actually WEAR a thong, hehehe

From
    Norfolk UK

JUst glued popers on abs pieces inside the cod and butt armour, so just need to pick up some 1" white elastic and add poppers to that, anouther piece off the list

From
    Sarlacc pit a.k.a Diss Norfolk UK

Just been to my local fabric shop and they didnt have any....typical. Gonna have a look on the Bay

Marcel-is your fett going to be ready for the toy fair on the 1st?
    My Fett will definately be there would be good to troop with ya.

Steve

From
    Norwalk, CT

FettSniper said: View Post
    Just been to my local fabric shop and they didnt have any....typical. Gonna have a look on the Bay

Marcel-is your fett going to be ready for the toy fair on the 1st?
    My Fett will definately be there would be good to troop with ya.

Steve
    Try WalMart, too.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

i don't know if they ship internationally, but here it is on fabric.com: http://www.fabric.com/ProductDetail....8-7f997a758abd

there's probably a similar website in the UK where you can order from if you're having trouble finding it locally. one yard should be more than enough for your boba thong and knees.

v7sg said: View Post
    maybe you can sew it to the flightsuit, as to create the effect of a thong, but not actually WEAR a thong, hehehe

That is actually not a bad idea at all. You would never know if it was attached to the armor or not since it's covered by the cod and kidney plate.

And what's that about a fabric story not having elastic? That's like a pizza place out of dough. Well, actually, I know of one case where that was true.

From
    Massachusetts

Madmartigan said: View Post
    1" elastic as said before -- attached with snaps from point of cod to middle of kidney. I hinge my cod kidney open (leaving one side bolt and the elastic thong in place), step in and close it up. Never have to remove thong snaps.

Bit of advice -- Make the thong LOOSE! It can droop a couple inches and still look right. You'll never know it's there. Not meant to be floss or a dance belt.
    This is exactly how my set up is except I use industrial strength velcro instead of snaps. Never have a problem with it.