Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boba Fett Test Fit #1

Boba Fett Test Fit #1

Hey all,

!!Updated with newly dyed flight suit. I think the color is much closer to what it should be now.!!

Decided to try out the costume today to see how things were coming along. I am still waiting on my decals for the chest and shoulder. The vest im currently wearing is temporary until my LadySewForUs one is set up for armor mounting. My chest display isnt mounted either due to the temporary nature of the vest. Still need shoulder studs and im not wearing my back armor in these shots. Need to finish up the knee darts, and do something about the saggy shin tools My gauntlets are en route and I am ordering a new ammo belt. On with the show!!!

Thanks,
    Terrantula
    Last edited by Terrantula; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Updated

From
    Orlando

Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

Lookin' good, Mang.

From
    Braunschweig/Germany

shoulder aromr higher

salamanderking said: View Post
    shoulder aromr higher
    Agreed. Velcro point were stitched in. Temporary vest though. My LSFU vest will be better fitted.

Thanks,
    Terrantula

Looking good man.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Looking good!

From
    Just outside Toronto, Canada

If the saggy shin tools remain a problem, you can try stuffing a little newpaper in your pockets - worked great for me!

Markus Fett said: View Post
    If the saggy shin tools remain a problem, you can try stuffing a little newpaper in your pockets - worked great for me!
    Great idea!! Ill give that a shot.

Thanks,
    Terrantula

From
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

nice gear!

if you were looking for an annoying level of knitpicky detail, i noticed a couple things:

it seems to me as though the esb knee pads are more yellow... i'd say the yellow of your shoulder armor, very lightly misted with the orange? also, you probably already know this, but the esb ammo belt is missing some of those front pouches, but you said you were ordering a new one so that's probably redundant. looks awesome though! jealous of your bucket!

c.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

I would dye the flight suit its a bit dull in color...not bad looking so far u know what you gotta fix so not much else to say it fits nicely

I thought the same about the flight suit, but it is one from LadySewForUs so I figured it had to be reasonably accurate from a color perspective. I know she is one of the seamstresses that are mentioned here quite frequently for her quality suits so I would hope that what I got was as accurate as possible. It is something that I have wondered though.

Thanks for the input!!
    Terrantula

Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I would dye the flight suit its a bit dull in color...not bad looking so far u know what you gotta fix so not much else to say it fits nicely

From
    Marietta, Ga

Soft parts could use a good weathering

Working to that stage. Is most soft part weathering done with a brown color?

apolifka said: View Post
    Soft parts could use a good weathering

From
    Marietta, Ga

Most people prefer brown because it gives more depth than flat black. I mix multiple tones including flat black

From
    USAF Utah

I dont know that I would not dye the FS I had to dye my ESB FS I got, it worked out very well not hard to do at all

From
    Mount Joy PA

Sharp lookin' kit! Can't wait to see it finished....you are well on your way!! Congratz!

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Terrantula said: View Post
    I thought the same about the flight suit, but it is one from LadySewForUs so I figured it had to be reasonably accurate from a color perspective. I know she is one of the seamstresses that are mentioned here quite frequently for her quality suits so I would hope that what I got was as accurate as possible. It is something that I have wondered though.

Thanks for the input!!
    Terrantula
    I have a lsfu flight suit and I had to dye it. Quality and accuracy of stitching, etc was great... at the time I got mine (2008) it was admittedly colored better for a ROTJ. All I had to do was put it in a bath of Rit dye (Evening blue I think) just for a short while. Rit makes this other powder that will take color away too. You could always rinse it out in the washing machine as well as use this color remover if it comes out too dark.

Im in correspondence with LSFU right now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have no sewing skills and the neck seal is built into th ae fl aight suit so i don't think i can do this in a dye bath without having the seal removed first. Hopefully this won't be to difficult or expensive to fix.

clonecollector said: View Post
    I have a lsfu flight suit and I had to dye it. Quality and accuracy of stitching, etc was great... at the time I got mine (2008) it was admittedly colored better for a ROTJ. All I had to do was put it in a bath of Rit dye (Evening blue I think) just for a short while. Rit makes this other powder that will take color away too. You could always rinse it out in the washing machine as well as use this color remover if it comes out too dark.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Terrantula said: View Post
    Im in correspondence with LSFU right now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have no sewing skills and the neck seal is built into th ae fl aight suit so i don't think i can do this in a dye bath without having the seal removed first. Hopefully this won't be to difficult or expensive to fix.
    Oh... yeah that will be tough. My neckseal is TK409 and I sewed it on afterwards. I know you already paid to have it made and put together but maybe you could take it apart and have a tailor sew it back on. There is an inexpensive little tool that you can buy to remove stitches and not tear the material. Good luck!

From
    Sydney, Downunder

Nice gloves,

where did they come from?

Cheers

They are Galactic Bounty Hunter's gloves that he used to (still does?) produce.

Terrantula

archtk said: View Post
    Nice gloves,

where did they come from?

Cheers

I may end up removing it with a stitch puller, dying it, then having someone re-sew it back on. That is seeming like the best method at the moment.

clonecollector said: View Post
    Oh... yeah that will be tough. My neckseal is TK409 and I sewed it on afterwards. I know you already paid to have it made and put together but maybe you could take it apart and have a tailor sew it back on. There is an inexpensive little tool that you can buy to remove stitches and not tear the material. Good luck!

From
    Louisiana

Your armored paint job looks awesome! Can't wait to see some pics with the soft parts weathered too.

Updated photos. Special thanks to Fett 4 Real for helping me out with some information on dying the flight suit.

Terrantula

From
    USAF Utah

Now that looks a bit more ESB, hope you dyed the pouches as well? Time to dirty it up!