Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boba Fett Test Fit #1

  1. #1
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Hey all,

    !!Updated with newly dyed flight suit. I think the color is much closer to what it should be now.!!

    Decided to try out the costume today to see how things were coming along. I am still waiting on my decals for the chest and shoulder. The vest im currently wearing is temporary until my LadySewForUs one is set up for armor mounting. My chest display isnt mounted either due to the temporary nature of the vest. Still need shoulder studs and im not wearing my back armor in these shots. Need to finish up the knee darts, and do something about the saggy shin tools My gauntlets are en route and I am ordering a new ammo belt. On with the show!!!








    Thanks,
    Terrantula
    Last edited by Terrantula; Apr 4, 2012 at 7:02 PM. Reason: Updated

  2. #2
    ZOD's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    From
    Orlando
    Posts
    181

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Lookin' good, Mang.

  3. #3
    salamanderking's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    From
    Braunschweig/Germany
    Posts
    419

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    shoulder aromr higher

  4. #4
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    salamanderking said: View Post
    shoulder aromr higher
    Agreed. Velcro point were stitched in. Temporary vest though. My LSFU vest will be better fitted.

    Thanks,
    Terrantula

  5. #5

    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Looking good man.

  6. #6
    clonecollector's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    Northeast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Looking good!

  7. #7
    Markus Fett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    From
    Just outside Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    168

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    If the saggy shin tools remain a problem, you can try stuffing a little newpaper in your pockets - worked great for me!

  8. #8
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Markus Fett said: View Post
    If the saggy shin tools remain a problem, you can try stuffing a little newpaper in your pockets - worked great for me!
    Great idea!! Ill give that a shot.

    Thanks,
    Terrantula

  9. #9
    divisionstreet0's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    36

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    nice gear!

    if you were looking for an annoying level of knitpicky detail, i noticed a couple things:

    it seems to me as though the esb knee pads are more yellow... i'd say the yellow of your shoulder armor, very lightly misted with the orange? also, you probably already know this, but the esb ammo belt is missing some of those front pouches, but you said you were ordering a new one so that's probably redundant. looks awesome though! jealous of your bucket!

    c.

  10. #10
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    I would dye the flight suit its a bit dull in color...not bad looking so far u know what you gotta fix so not much else to say it fits nicely

  11. #11
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    I thought the same about the flight suit, but it is one from LadySewForUs so I figured it had to be reasonably accurate from a color perspective. I know she is one of the seamstresses that are mentioned here quite frequently for her quality suits so I would hope that what I got was as accurate as possible. It is something that I have wondered though.

    Thanks for the input!!
    Terrantula

    Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I would dye the flight suit its a bit dull in color...not bad looking so far u know what you gotta fix so not much else to say it fits nicely

  12. #12
    BobaFiend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Marietta, Ga
    Posts
    780

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Soft parts could use a good weathering

  13. #13
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Working to that stage. Is most soft part weathering done with a brown color?

    apolifka said: View Post
    Soft parts could use a good weathering

  14. #14
    BobaFiend's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    Marietta, Ga
    Posts
    780

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Most people prefer brown because it gives more depth than flat black. I mix multiple tones including flat black

  15. #15
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    I dont know that I would not dye the FS I had to dye my ESB FS I got, it worked out very well not hard to do at all

  16. #16
    lawdawg 35's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2010
    From
    Mount Joy PA
    Posts
    183

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Sharp lookin' kit! Can't wait to see it finished....you are well on your way!! Congratz!

  17. #17
    clonecollector's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    Northeast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Terrantula said: View Post
    I thought the same about the flight suit, but it is one from LadySewForUs so I figured it had to be reasonably accurate from a color perspective. I know she is one of the seamstresses that are mentioned here quite frequently for her quality suits so I would hope that what I got was as accurate as possible. It is something that I have wondered though.

    Thanks for the input!!
    Terrantula
    I have a lsfu flight suit and I had to dye it. Quality and accuracy of stitching, etc was great... at the time I got mine (2008) it was admittedly colored better for a ROTJ. All I had to do was put it in a bath of Rit dye (Evening blue I think) just for a short while. Rit makes this other powder that will take color away too. You could always rinse it out in the washing machine as well as use this color remover if it comes out too dark.

  18. #18
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Im in correspondence with LSFU right now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have no sewing skills and the neck seal is built into th ae fl aight suit so i don't think i can do this in a dye bath without having the seal removed first. Hopefully this won't be to difficult or expensive to fix.

    clonecollector said: View Post
    I have a lsfu flight suit and I had to dye it. Quality and accuracy of stitching, etc was great... at the time I got mine (2008) it was admittedly colored better for a ROTJ. All I had to do was put it in a bath of Rit dye (Evening blue I think) just for a short while. Rit makes this other powder that will take color away too. You could always rinse it out in the washing machine as well as use this color remover if it comes out too dark.

  19. #19
    clonecollector's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    From
    Northeast U.S.A
    Posts
    1,591

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Terrantula said: View Post
    Im in correspondence with LSFU right now trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have no sewing skills and the neck seal is built into th ae fl aight suit so i don't think i can do this in a dye bath without having the seal removed first. Hopefully this won't be to difficult or expensive to fix.
    Oh... yeah that will be tough. My neckseal is TK409 and I sewed it on afterwards. I know you already paid to have it made and put together but maybe you could take it apart and have a tailor sew it back on. There is an inexpensive little tool that you can buy to remove stitches and not tear the material. Good luck!

  20. #20

    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    From
    Sydney, Downunder
    Posts
    62

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Nice gloves,

    where did they come from?

    Cheers

  21. #21
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    They are Galactic Bounty Hunter's gloves that he used to (still does?) produce.

    Terrantula

    archtk said: View Post
    Nice gloves,

    where did they come from?

    Cheers

  22. #22
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    I may end up removing it with a stitch puller, dying it, then having someone re-sew it back on. That is seeming like the best method at the moment.

    clonecollector said: View Post
    Oh... yeah that will be tough. My neckseal is TK409 and I sewed it on afterwards. I know you already paid to have it made and put together but maybe you could take it apart and have a tailor sew it back on. There is an inexpensive little tool that you can buy to remove stitches and not tear the material. Good luck!

  23. #23
    red white's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    From
    Louisiana
    Posts
    78

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Your armored paint job looks awesome! Can't wait to see some pics with the soft parts weathered too.

  24. #24
    Terrantula's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    128

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Updated photos. Special thanks to Fett 4 Real for helping me out with some information on dying the flight suit.

    Terrantula

  25. #25
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,382

    Re: Boba Fett Test Fit #1

    Now that looks a bit more ESB, hope you dyed the pouches as well? Time to dirty it up!

Similar Threads

  1. Test Fit: Very Budget ROTJ Fett
    By darthvince in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 24, 2011, 1:08 PM
  2. Fett Test Fit.. Opinions? *Updated 10-2-11*
    By WTFett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: Oct 3, 2011, 8:20 AM
  3. Boba Fett RoTJ Costume Test Fit
    By boba trooper in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2011, 10:22 AM
  4. Showoff: my first test fit of my ESB Boba!!
    By Darth Voorhees in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2009, 9:18 PM
  5. Got my vest from TK409, test fit with my test armor.
    By mobius in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2004, 11:25 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •