Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor

From
    New South Wales, Australia

Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor

Wow! Thanks guys you are all too kind!!

Hobbit, loving the armor! The paint job is just incredible, I hope mine comes out a fraction as good as yours. Really inspiring me too order some armor and paint it.

Speaking of armor I just pm'd you redkraydragon regarding eventually purchasing some of your wonder full looking armor.

From

UnFathomable said: View Post
    Hobbit, loving the armor! The paint job is just incredible, I hope mine comes out a fraction as good as yours. Really inspiring me too order some armor and paint it.
    Hey Unfathomable! Thanks my friend, but way too kind! If I can do this anyone can, It was my first time and next time I would do things very different but I happy with my first go. I think the look is down to airbrushing and Humbrol paints... and more importantly the great advice on this site! But it is definitely my favorite part, the painting... the assemble and trimming not so much

Assembly is never fun no matter the application haha and thanks for all the replies! I finally got some motivation to actually start posting on here and already I have stumbled across a great resource! This place is great and given some time im confident that everyone here will help me along the way.

From
    Albuquerque

Speaking of armor I just pm'd you redkraydragon regarding eventually purchasing some of your wonder full looking armor.
    PM replied, thanks bro!

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

PM replied, thanks bro!

From
    QLD, Australia

MATE! Looks great!

You're really making me want to get my hands on a set this armour and start my build.

Nice work Hobbit.

From
    QLD, Australia

Pm sent

From

FettSpec said: View Post
    MATE! Looks great!

You're really making me want to get my hands on a set this armour and start my build.

Nice work Hobbit.
    Thanks Fettspec! Nice to see another Aussie! Go for it mate.. you wont regret it! Pm replied.

From
    Kansas

Hey Hobbit, your armor looks amazing man! I hope that when I eventually start my project, my armor will come out half as good. I got a question for you on the RKD armor. I am 6'3 and weigh aprroximately 220. I workout a lot, so I have a fairly large chest and I'm a little wider than average. Would the RKD armor still fit my build? Any advice from anyone would be much appreciated, as I am brand new to all this. Thanks for your time.

From
    Galati, Romania

RKD did his armor using Alan's (wizardofflight) large templates, which is good for a 6' tall individual, so you are in the acceptable range. And you can always arrange the chest plates (by making the distance a bit bigger between the plates, but not too much, you don't want to look weird) so it will look OK on you. Will (RKD) is a great guy and there are many customers who bought parts or whole sets and they praise the great service and communication with him.

From
    Kansas

Raf, thanks for the info. Thats the one thing I am worried about is either the plates to far apart or them looking to small on me. I don't want to look weird, like you said. I definitely want to go the route of an armor kit versus trying to make my own armor. Any advice you have for someone new like myself, on where to start out?

From

Hey Craig! Thanks again my friend. As Raf said RKD is an absolute pleasure to deal with! It is much better than the bin armour I started with. I am super happy with it. Good luck to you, on the start of your build.

From
    Galati, Romania

While doing and painting your own armor is a good starting point (especially that it IS made by yourself) it doesn't look as good as a professionally crafted and molded set of armor. The first option is more in the budget range, while the second one will bite a bit from your wallet, but is more accurate and visually good looking. Hobbit has posted in the first post his first armor paint job, which was a scratch build one, and although it is well painted, it is in no way as good as the RKD paint job he did in this thread. You choose...

From
    Albuquerque

Just now saw this...
    Thanks again so much for the great words guys (hobbit and Rafa), it means a lot and I appreciate that.
    Hobbit, you're doing an amazing job on the paint with this bro (I'm assuming you're using Rafa's awesomely accurate stencils) so keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing this all come together along with your helmet

From

redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Just now saw this...
    Thanks again so much for the great words guys (hobbit and Rafa), it means a lot and I appreciate that.
    Hobbit, you're doing an amazing job on the paint with this bro (I'm assuming you're using Rafa's awesomely accurate stencils) so keep up the great work. I'm looking forward to seeing this all come together along with your helmet
    No probs at all Will! Your service and your armour speaks for itself! Thanks for the nice comments once again mate, and yes... always using Raf's absolutely essential stencils!! More updates soon my friends.

From
    gloucestershire, uk

Hey hobbit057. Could you possibly point me in the right direction as to where you got your armour from please? Am having problems traking down the rkd stuff and would like to know how much these products are. cheers

From

jstrong said: View Post
    Hey hobbit057. Could you possibly point me in the right direction as to where you got your armour from please? Am having problems traking down the rkd stuff and would like to know how much these products are. cheers
    Only too happy to my friend, here's the link : http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/i...ailable-41814/
    Give Will my regards.

From
    gloucestershire, uk

Beautiful. Cheers.