Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 31, 2012, 2:52 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #51

Looking great, so for. Just ordered a set from RKD myself and if mine turn out anywhere near this good, I'll be the happiest guy on these boards.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking great, so for. Just ordered a set from RKD myself and if mine turn out anywhere near this good, I'll be the happiest guy on these boards.

- - - Updated - - -

2. May 31, 2012, 10:26 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #52

Thats actually a DVH chest display =P

Your emblem looks great man. Id leave it
    Jun 1, 2012, 4:07 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #53

[QUOTE=Verbal21;576408]Looking great, so for. Just ordered a set from RKD myself and if mine turn out anywhere near this good, I'll be the happiest guy on these boards.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Verbal! Thanks Verbal! Thanks Verbal! De Ja Vu anyone?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh ok! Whats a DVH chest display?" it seems nice!

Thanks Darth! I was really unsure for a while, what to do with it! That's 3 people That like it now (one of them being me! ;p), so I think its definitely staying now!
    Jun 1, 2012, 7:13 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #54

Ah, it was indeed a DVH chest display - regardless, it looks a treat! :-)
    Jun 3, 2012, 3:32 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #55

I have to say reading this thread was great, It's nice to see someone jump in and paint their armor and give anything a go. I like your emblem and think it does look good, I think you have done exceedingly well, including touch-ups (or damage control).
    I have painted a few sets of armor and each time I do I always do something different. Each difference being a mistake learned from and an improvement applied.
    The final look of your armor is great and I'm looking forward to seeing any future developments
    Jun 3, 2012, 8:07 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #56

Quote fettwho said: View Post
    I have to say reading this thread was great, It's nice to see someone jump in and paint their armor and give anything a go. I like your emblem and think it does look good, I think you have done exceedingly well, including touch-ups (or damage control).
    I have painted a few sets of armor and each time I do I always do something different. Each difference being a mistake learned from and an improvement applied.
    The final look of your armor is great and I'm looking forward to seeing any future developments
    That's such a nice thing to say Fettwho! Thank you very much!

I have said before about how supportive this little community is and it really does lift you up, and(for me) it does stop my overly self critical eye from picking apart all the mistakes(and maybe even quit!) and to step back and look at the whole thing.... to see that you have done a good job.
    I really have been struggling with my confidence with this, But because of so many awesome people taking their time to leave some encouragement, compliment or even to point out a flaw or some better way of doing things is what makes the difference. I don't know anyone in my life that shares the same passion for Boba Fett or even star wars! So it means even more to me, that you have given me some of your time. So thank you all and believe me... how good this Fett turns out is because of each and everyone of you! Im not really that sure I would have got this far! Thanks everyone!
    Jun 10, 2012, 12:26 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #57

Nice paint up Hobbit looks tops , looking forward to the completed built
    Jun 10, 2012, 1:50 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #58

I have to say reading this post gives me hope that I (someone that has zero artistic ability) can paint my own armor. Also the RKD armor looks great, I think I will be buying some in the near future.
    It's really good to see that everyone here is willing to help noobs like me and others that are not the most gifted artists.
    Jun 12, 2012, 10:25 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #59

Thanks Jakefox24, I can't wait to get moving again!
    Jun 12, 2012, 10:36 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #60

Hey thanks Jc27... Your dead right, this is an awesome site... I think we all underestimate ourselves when we start these builds. I am definitely not the handiest of people, but have done a little bit of art.. Drawing mostly. But it's all a trial and error kind of thing... But thanks to the good people on this site, there are much fewer errors! RKD is awesome armor.. I'm saving up to get the rest of the gauntlets greeblies. I have to say I am totally addicted to this site, I have spent countless hours on here and love looking at all the awesome builds.... Starting to feel less noob ish now!
    Jun 27, 2012, 12:51 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #61

I have my Asok CC lid, so now I guess I could start my own WIP. I am just afraid of buying the armor and screwing up the paint job beyond repair.
    Jun 27, 2012, 8:55 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #62

Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    I have my Asok CC lid, so now I guess I could start my own WIP. I am just afraid of buying the armor and screwing up the paint job beyond repair.
    Paint can always be stripped off or sanded and primed to start over if you mess it up too bad.
    Jul 5, 2012, 11:19 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #63

Which I am sure is going to happen since my artistic skills have been maxed out since first grade finger painting.
  14. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 6, 2012, 1:40 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #64

Where does one find the rid armor kits???
    Sep 6, 2012, 2:08 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #65

Quote nbraam08 said: View Post
    Where does one find the rid armor kits???
    Here is the RKD Armor build thread ==> Resculpting My Fett Armor
    And this is the RKD Armor sell thread ==> IOA ROTJ Armor Kits

He is a nice guy and the stuff he sells is excellent. Just read the comments to see what others think about him.
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:10 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #66

Thanks for that RF, you're too kind
    FR accepted by the way
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:21 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #67

Quote redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Thanks for that RF, you're too kind
    FR accepted by the way
    You are a great asset to this community in these hard times and I think the customers who bought from you are more able than me to talk about the quality of your stuff. And they are not just a few...
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Sep 6, 2012, 6:34 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #68

Where did you order rkd armor from I'm new to this but I've heard a lot about it and seen great work with it but can't find it anywhere. Help a friend out please
    Sep 6, 2012, 7:27 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #69

Thanks so much Rafal!

Quote nbraam08 said: View Post
    Where did you order rkd armor from I'm new to this but I've heard a lot about it and seen great work with it but can't find it anywhere. Help a friend out please
    nbraam, RF just posted that info in post number 65 right under your 1st post. Just click on the second link he posted
    Oct 11, 2012, 3:51 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #70

Hey friends! I'm back!
    I'ts been way too long being off the boards with nothing to report, but I am trying to get my mojo back and bring you all some progress on my build. I have had some personal issues to attend to and have been a bit low of late.... but am trying to snap myself out of it and get my passion back!
    I looked through my thread for the first time in months and had almost forgot how awesome you people are! The other thing I noticed was how good my armour was looking! So I'm feeling more motivated to restart my love affair with dear Boba!
    Thanks to all out there who have taken the time to help me in the past and give there time to guide me...
    Stay tuned folks, hopefully I have some pics to show soon ...
    Oct 11, 2012, 12:11 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #71

i'm excited! love your build thread...very inspiring for us newbies
    Oct 14, 2012, 7:24 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #72

Thank you Sausagemahoney! I must say your name gave me a chuckle
    I'm glad this thread is helping you! I have tried to be honest and show everyone what we can all do with no experience and not much in the way of handyman skills! I am starting today and Bobamaker has confirmed my helmet has been shipped! YAY!! So I am really excited at the prospect of having the key element of Boba fett, here in my home. Thank you for looking.... more updates soon!
    Oct 24, 2012, 8:24 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #73

Hey I'm back in business!! Back plate nearly done, a bit more weathering and I'm signing off on some of these pieces!! Here's some pics...

Oct 24, 2012, 8:49 AM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #74

It looks perfect to me! Excellent job!
    Oct 24, 2012, 2:46 PM - Re: Boba Fett ROTJ SE with RKD armor #75

Wow! Great job on that backplate dude! Really nice!