Boba Fett Jetpack?

Boba Fett Jetpack?

After recently obtaining a very nice looking Boba Fett helmet, I've grown an interest in making a complete costume. I was researching parts and prices, but I'm having trouble finding a good jetpack. Are there any places I can buy one from? I'm not looking for 100% accuracy, just the least expensive one I can get. I've also seen a few people build them themselves; Is it less expensive to just build one from scratch? If so, what are the materials/steps required to make one? Thank you so much for any help!

From
    Northern VA

Re: Boba Fett Jetpack?

I bought mine from Man of War.

From
    New York USA

I got mine from Man of War also. I think he has some stuff on ebay. Other then dealing with him I would stay away from ebay.

From
    London

Are you based in the US or the UK? I have a spare Don Post one that needs a little work on the rocket and one of the thrusters but it is painted up nicely. I'm based in the UK and shipping overseas might be hefty due to weight.

I ordered one from Fett Seven and NME Props. It should be arriving soon, so I can't really say how it looks at this time. But it may be an option. Just search 'Birth of a Jetpack' to see their first molds.

MOW or FP would be my suggestions here in the states. Overseas, RS props or Bobamaker make nice packs.

That said, Ive seen people make packs from templates using foamboard and posterboard and things from around the house and they come out pretty darn good! Check out Matty Matts theread here:
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/w...jetpack-37303/

I'm based in the US, but thank you for the offer norgs79! After seeing the link Darth Voorhees posted, I think I'll try at building one myself. Thank you everyone for your help and advice!

From
    Ferndale, MI

I scratch built the body, but i got all the resin pieces ( rocket, thrusters, fuel caps) from FettSeven. He also does completed packs, painted and un-painted!