Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Boba Fett Gauntlets

Re: Boba Fett Gauntlets

Art Andrews said: View Post
    OK, things like this just make my day and have set my morning off right. I high tailed it out to my parts box and had to dig out an MQ-1 battery cover to shoot. Now, granted, this is NOT the best angle or anything, but Darth Voorhees nailed it. It is clearly the MQ-1 part! You can see that it was sunk into the the rest of the gauntlet build. This find is really important for two reasons:

1) it is another verifiable reference that sculptors and builders can use to help them scale their replica gauntlets and

2) it allows me to verify that my castings have minimal shrinkage and are indeed the right size!

Thanks again DV!

Attachment 62588
    No problem Art! Glad i helped set your morning off right!

It was so random how i thought of it. I just figured it was a battery cover of some sort..and i recalled the MQ-1 having a cover that said battery...just couldnt remember if it was actually raised lettering or printed...so i went through my MQ-1 parts and when i pulled it out...i thought oh..this has got to be it!

Small as it is, im glad i discovered a found item and have a small contribution to helping others get their replicas closer to perfect.

Anyways..see ya at C6 Art!

From
    Ireland

awesome discovery's this week, another step forward for boba fett and the fans!!!!!!!

From
    Modesto, California

Nice finds guys!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Here is something cool... I did some measurements today to see how far off my casting is from the original part... less than .1 of a mm! Not too bad!

From
    Boerne, Texas, United States

Amazing job ID'ing that so quickly DV! I think I owe you a drink at C6 for that.

TxFett said: View Post
    Amazing job ID'ing that so quickly DV! I think I owe you a drink at C6 for that.

I may just take you up on that!

From
    Richmond VA

Incredible, this board is unreal, thanks Art and DV for another fantastic piece made public and the new discovery.

From
    Albuquerque

Son of a B!@#$ Awesome find Lou and it makes perfect sense that they would do something like that!!
    You know I was looking at that left gauntlet (and I may be WAY off here) but the way it looks, it almost seems to have a race car/dragster body appearance (or at least part of it...maybe a section of a body frame or something??).
    Anyone else wanna chime in on this?
    I'm guessing this has already been discussed before in a long dead thread, but humor me lol

redkraytdragon said: View Post
    Son of a B!@#$ Awesome find Lou and it makes perfect sense that they would do something like that!!
    You know I was looking at that left gauntlet (and I may be WAY off here) but the way it looks, it almost seems to have a race car/dragster body appearance (or at least part of it...maybe a section of a body frame or something??).
    Anyone else wanna chime in on this?
    I'm guessing this has already been discussed before in a long dead thread, but humor me lol
    thanks man....they did use the front of a race car model on Boushh's helmet..interesting theory..hmmmmmmmmm

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

You know the right guant does too...looking at the shape of the top it looks like a rearview window vacformed, sucks in a little...
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/conte...343030089.html

[COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

They did use A LOT of model parts on these suits guys its totally viable theory here.

Just ask here and I will post up measurements per your request.
    Thanks Art...

Ok i did this by color so we dont get confused lol. I guess just quote the post and put the measurements under each pic with the color line it coincides with.

thanks Art!

From
    Albuquerque

Totally saving these pics when the measurments are on! :P

Art thanks for sharing and thanks for creating the dented helmet. I can only imagine what else is out there.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

DV, give me a couple of days and I will get those measurements posted up. Thanks for doing the leg work on this and making it easy for me!

BTW, for those saving they think they seem some type of model vehicle frame in the right gauntlet... let me tell you... I see it too, clear as day. I don't know what it is, but it appears to me that it is all one piece and I feel like it MUST be some type of vehicle hull or frame... like the underbody to a tank or jeep or something! I think I will throw pics up in the modeling section at the RPF and see what those guys can make of it. They have been able to help me ID some pretty darn obscure model parts before.

Can you imagine what it would do for gauntlets if we could ID that main component on the right gauntlet?!?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

SPY007 said: View Post
    Art thanks for sharing and thanks for creating the dented helmet. I can only imagine what else is out there.
    You are very welcome!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

One thing to note right away on the measurements, is that they will be approximates. A lot of those lines you have created go to edges, that aren't really edges, but rounded corners. I will do my very best to give you as accurate measurements as possible, but please keep those rounded edges in mind.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Can you imagine what it would do for gauntlets if we could ID that main component on the right gauntlet?!?
    "I don't know, I can imagine quite a bit." - Han Solo.

From
    Albuquerque

Thanks again Art for doing this! Even approximate measurements will be more than awesome
    Great idea on posting it up on RPF too, I hope someone can make heads or tails of it even if they're not model car bodies

One thing to note right away on the measurements, is that they will be approximates. A lot of those lines you have created go to edges, that aren't really edges, but rounded corners. I will do my very best to give you as accurate measurements as possible, but please keep those rounded edges in mind.
    Absolutely bro. I figured as much, but anything you can give me(us) will be great. I really appreciate ya taking the time to do the measurements.

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Alright, here are the measurements for the left gauntlet. Go forth and sculpt!!!

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-front-measurements-jpg

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-inside-measurements-jpg

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-outside-measurements-jpg

From
    Galati, Romania

What an awesome find, Art and a great asset to the TDH community! Simply amazing! And congratulation to Darth Voorhees for pointing out the MQ-1 battery cover as part of the left gauntlet.

Art, can you share with us the hi-rez version of the image you posted on the gauntlet presentation page? Especially because we can see the Supertrooper sling gun too:

vacuum-formed-boba-fett-gauntlets-01-jpg

Thanks!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

boba-fett-parts-jpg

Here you go.

From
    Galati, Romania

Now, that was fast! Thanks a lot!

Alright, here are the measurements for the left gauntlet. Go forth and sculpt!!!

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-front-measurements-jpg

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-inside-measurements-jpg

boba-fett-left-gauntlet-outside-measurements-jpg
    Thank you sir!

From
    Albuquerque

Awesome! Thanks Art!