Subscribe
    Jan 3, 2015, 9:54 PM - Boba Fett ESB Build #1

Hi guys, here are some photos of my latest fitting. Posting them here for feedback to see if I'm going in the right direction. Full album is here http://imgur.com/a/6SgaE

Some notes:
    • I'm around 5'9 145lbs.
    • no ammo belt, hip pouches, holster/sidearm, and blasters yet.
    • Hose isn't attached to the flightsuit yet. I also got her vest but for now I used the vest that came with the package I bought and just altered it a bit to fit.
    • Helmet's a GMH and painted by Lou/DVH.
    • Flightsuit's from Carole/Arkady.
    • The rest of the set I got from the GML of the UKG (armor/jetpack are BM, boots are MOW).

Last edited by themacalu; Jan 3, 2015 at 10:09 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:19 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #2

Coming along nicely man! That lid and JP really look good! I would like to offer some constructive criticism though:
    1. Like my FS, yours needs more weathering. One of the most important features to bring it to life.
    2. The L shoulder and both knees should be primarily orange.
    3. The cod piece looks too big.
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:38 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #3

I agree with everything Syllander said. Knees and left shoulder should def have an orangey shade going on there and dirty up the flight suit more, especially below the knees.

I think if you lower the girth it will cover some of the cod and make it look better. It also looks like the kidney plate is too tall as well. Im pretty sure those 2 parts are not BM. The paint on the cod is also ROTJ style even though the green shade looks more ESB.

Id' also like to add, the buttons on the gauntlet keypad colors are incorrect....They should be, left to right - first 2 rows red, second 2 rows blue and the last 2 should remain silver

the bottom of the legs of the jumpsuit should go over the boot somewhat.

Also like i mentioned on facebook, the rocket tip on the gaunt should be black

A few of those things are just small details, but believe me, it helps improve the look over all once your done

Dint get me wrong though, Its comin along great so far.
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:45 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #4

Noted on the right (CRL says right) shoulder and knees being more orange than yellow. Will try to fix that before the next fitting. There's actually a bit of color difference but it may not have been fully captured because of the camera and the lighting.

Re: cod piece, I'm hoping when I have the hip pouches on and a lowered girth belt + ammo belt, it won't look as big.

I'll definitely weather the FS more. Just didn't want to go overboard with it for now I like to get it as dirty as I can. Aiming for this look:

Thanks for the tips Syllander!

Quote syllander said: View Post
    Coming along nicely man! That lid and JP really look good! I would like to offer some constructive criticism though:
    1. Like my FS, yours needs more weathering. One of the most important features to bring it to life.
    2. The L shoulder and both knees should be primarily orange.
    3. The cod piece looks too big.
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:56 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #5

YYYEEESSSS. That's dirt right there bro. Awesome pic. No offense to those that like them, but I normally really can't stand the mando merc costumes. They tend to look very cartoony or something???
    Is this JodoKast? I'm pretty ignorant on this other mando stuff.

On the shoulder armor, you are correct on the CRL. I was referring to the fact that your pic had the decal/yellow shoulder on the RH, so I went opposite.
    Jan 3, 2015, 10:57 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #6

Thanks Lou! Got that. I'm aiming for basic approval for now. Will definitely add more FS weathering, right shoulder+knees orangey color, black rocket tip, and FS/boot strapping style to my to-do list for the next fitting. Do you think the cod/plate will be an issue come approval time?

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I agree with everything Syllander said. Knees and left shoulder should def have an orangey shade going on there and dirty up the flight suit more, especially below the knees.

I think if you lower the girth it will cover some of the cod and make it look better. It also looks like the kidney plate is too tall as well. Im pretty sure those 2 parts are not BM. The paint on the cod is also ROTJ style even though the green shade looks more ESB.

Id' also like to add, the buttons on the gauntlet keypad colors are incorrect....They should be, left to right - first 2 rows red, second 2 rows blue and the last 2 should remain silver

the bottom of the legs of the jumpsuit should go over the boot somewhat.

Also like i mentioned on facebook, the rocket tip on the gaunt should be black

A few of those things are just small details, but believe me, it helps improve the look over all once your done

Dint get me wrong though, Its comin along great so far.
    Jan 3, 2015, 11:02 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #7

I think if the girth covers the top half of the cod, it shouldnt be an issue.

..and yes its the right shoulder thats more orange, not the one with the mythosaur
    Jan 4, 2015, 12:52 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #8

shoulder bells on wrong sides and shoulder bells don't have the correct curvature, but certainly a very good start. Also, I think the there is a "correct" set of colors for the calculator buttons.
    Last edited by SPY007; Jan 4, 2015 at 1:02 AM.
    Jan 4, 2015, 10:23 AM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #9

Ha good catch that the shoulde bells are on the wrong sides...thats would explain the confusion of the left and right lol.

yes i mentioned the calc buttons..i didnt specify exact colors though as i just used what closely matches the screen shots. I just said red,blue, silver. Easy fix for him though
    Jan 4, 2015, 10:48 PM - Re: Boba Fett ESB Build #10

Along with lowering the girth belt - once the pouches, ammo belt, and holster are all on the cod may not stick out so much. You look like you are off to a good start.