Thought I'd pop my thread cherry with my Boba Fett armour progress
So far I have a few items sourced off here including soft parts from Arkady and helmet from Asok.
Lately I have been gathering materials and tools for building bits for the rest and am in the
process of the armour.
What I used for the Boba armour is 5mm acrylic sheets from the hardware store and the process of
marking it from the templates given here then cutting each shape with a Dremel. I bought 2 sheets
and is enough for all templates. I tested a small bit of acrylic by heating with a heat gun and twisting, also
heating one spot and pushing a paintbrush handle into to see if a dent can be made this way and so
far so good.
After the pieces are cut out I gently heated with the gun and the flat attachment. It was quite an
easy process as long as you're patient with the heating then gently flexing the acrylic and
holding the shape while it cools. It behaves well and I can get slight complex bends from it.
I've just got the torso pieces and shoulder bells as in the last picture linked. I can keep posting
more as I go with the rest of the armour.