Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 5, 2013, 10:24 PM - Which Boba? #1

Which Boba do you guys prefer?

If you asked me a year ago I would have said SE, but now I'm starting to like ESB better... which kinda puts me in a dilemma. I just received my SE helmet, all painted and beautiful, but now I'm thinking of starting over and going ESB. Why does this obsession have to be so expensive?

What do you guys think? SE or ESB?... Or maybe something else entirely. I'm interested to see what you guys think!

I apologize if this thread has been done before. (I'd be surprised if it hasn't TBH) I tried using the search bar but couldn't find what i was looking for.
    Aug 5, 2013, 10:26 PM - Re: Which Boba? #2

ESB is the stuff.
    Aug 5, 2013, 10:38 PM - Re: Which Boba? #3

ESB
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2011
    Aug 5, 2013, 11:02 PM - Re: Which Boba? #4

Def ESB!
    Aug 5, 2013, 11:05 PM - Re: Which Boba? #5

ESB is awesome, but i like SE .. The ROTJ blaster, the ESB lid... that's what did it for me ... also i've read that guys that are a bit larger should go with a SE
    Aug 5, 2013, 11:12 PM - Re: Which Boba? #6

Both have the ESB helmet, so whichever you want to spend the time making. ROTJ armor has a much more complex paintjob on basically every single piece of armor than an ESB armor does, so will take you longer to make.
    Aug 5, 2013, 11:12 PM - Re: Which Boba? #7

ESB has cooler everything.
    Aug 6, 2013, 2:06 AM - Re: Which Boba? #8

OK, so here's another question for you guys...What are the differences between a ESB and a SE helmet? I know the "T" decal on right ear of the SE helmet is worn off a bit. Are there any other key differences? As suggested previously, I just might switch to a ESB Boba...though, I do love the ROTJ/SE jetpack...
    Aug 6, 2013, 7:44 AM - Re: Which Boba? #9

Aug 6, 2013, 10:40 AM - Re: Which Boba? #10

To me, SE is iconic and the best of both worlds. When I think Fett, I think of the toys I played with as a kid that always rocked the red gauntlets, and so I always imagine Fett with Red gauntlets as a result.

That being said, if ESB had a more sophisticated jetpack design I would probably be a lot more involved with the ESB suit. Due to my body type SE is all that will probably ever be in my books, but my little brother has ESB written all over him. Both are neat, and I look forward to seeing how Disney will change things up as I very well believe they could easily give us another 2 suits to build between an origin and Episode 7! (Calling it now)
    Aug 6, 2013, 12:20 PM - Re: Which Boba? #11

Quote dmount said: View Post
    OK, so here's another question for you guys...What are the differences between a ESB and a SE helmet? I know the "T" decal on right ear of the SE helmet is worn off a bit. Are there any other key differences?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Hero & ROTJ SE Scratches.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	925.1 KB 
ID:	70597 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post ESB Marks.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	70599 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Post ESB Rust.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	70600

One of the major difference of the same helmet between 20+ years is the big crack repair on the left temple and dome base, the white and black scuffs on the left side, some orange/rust like spots on the left-right side of the dome, some blue marker lines on the lower edges of the back plates, extra paint peel-off on the red areas and the cheeks and so on...
    Aug 6, 2013, 3:36 PM - Re: Which Boba? #12

Thanks for the replies guys. I could just sell one of my kidneys and do both...decisions decisions
    Aug 6, 2013, 4:01 PM - Re: Which Boba? #13

ESB is hella cool! You can pick up just about all the parts you need here and other sources. Me, I picked Pre-Pro 2 because it’s hard!!! And I knew it would take me years and years and years to get it right. mmooohhaaaaaahhhhaa
    Aug 6, 2013, 4:49 PM - Re: Which Boba? #14

I have always liked the PP3. The green torso armor, shoulders, and knees are pretty much exactly ESB, the helmet is "almost ESB", it has the red and yellow gauntlets I remember from my childhood Kenner Boba Fett action figure, and a less heavily weathered ROTJ type of jetpack, but with all the extra doo-hickies along the bottom.

Quote Syper said: View Post
    Me, I picked Pre-Pro 2 because it’s hard!!! And I knew it would take me years and years and years to get it right. mmooohhaaaaaahhhhaa
    What's cool with PP2 is that they took that jetpack, weathered it a bunch more, and it became one of the jetpacks used for the ROTJ movie and was seen in the Magic of Myth exhibit costume.
    Aug 6, 2013, 5:24 PM - Re: Which Boba? #15

Quote Syper said: View Post
    ESB is hella cool! You can pick up just about all the parts you need here and other sources. Me, I picked Pre-Pro 2 because it’s hard!!! And I knew it would take me years and years and years to get it right. mmooohhaaaaaahhhhaa
    I saw your thread. It looks awesome man!

Quote Mr Fett said: View Post
    I have always liked the PP3. The green torso armor, shoulders, and knees are pretty much exactly ESB, the helmet is "almost ESB", it has the red and yellow gauntlets I remember from my childhood Kenner Boba Fett action figure, and a less heavily weathered ROTJ type of jetpack, but with all the extra doo-hickies along the bottom.

What's cool with PP2 is that they took that jetpack, weathered it a bunch more, and it became one of the jetpacks used for the ROTJ movie and was seen in the Magic of Myth exhibit costume.
    PP2 does look great. It seems to have the best of everything.
    Aug 6, 2013, 9:57 PM - Re: Which Boba? #16

I had a HUGE difficulty trying to figure out which Fett I would base my build on. Currently I am set on classic ROTJ. I think the main issue with ROTJ is that it's a hard paint job to pull off not because of battle scarring but color. In some pictures the ROTJ looks way cooler to me than ESB but there are some pictures where it doesn't (I don't like when the cheeks get too blue y'know?).

ESB I feel is the more iconic and recognizable of the two helmets and I feel the color pallet is more easily harmonious. However, I must note that those who've taken the risky color pallet of ROTJ and succeeded look wicked and well worth the risk.

This is just my two cents of course. It's all Fett in the end so everyone's a winner
    Aug 7, 2013, 12:18 AM - Re: Which Boba? #17

Ever since I started learning the differences about a decade ago, I've never changed my mind on the SE being my favorite.
    Aug 7, 2013, 6:38 PM - Re: Which Boba? #18

I feel at this point I'll never decide and should just flip a coin

Quote dolioshmolio said: View Post
    ESB is awesome, but i like SE .. The ROTJ blaster, the ESB lid... that's what did it for me ... also i've read that guys that are a bit larger should go with a SE
    This is an interesting point. How "large" is large? I'm about 5'11"ish, 175 lbs, on the thin side... I wouldn't consider myself large, but average. With that being said, which boba would fit me better?
    Aug 7, 2013, 6:53 PM - Re: Which Boba? #19

Quote dmount said: View Post
    I feel at this point I'll never decide and should just flip a coin

This is an interesting point. How "large" is large? I'm about 5'11"ish, 175 lbs, on the thin side... I wouldn't consider myself large, but average. With that being said, which boba would fit me better?
    Sounds like you're the best size for ESB. I'm on the thin size but I'm also 6'2" so a bit tall.

Jeremy was pretty thin during ESB but bulked on a little muscle by the time he put the ROTJ suit on.
    Aug 7, 2013, 7:02 PM - Re: Which Boba? #20

yep .. what wes7 said... i'm 6 ft around 245 lbs
    Aug 7, 2013, 10:17 PM - Re: Which Boba? #21

ROTJ version, because for me have more happy colors and not so simple as ESB, but both are great is BOBA Fett!!!!!!!!!!!
  22. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Aug 8, 2013, 12:10 AM - Re: Which Boba? #22

ESB 24/7. I think I love it because the simplicity here, and the complexity there. For example, The EE-3 is so simply elegant, while the flame thrower is a nightmare to craft. The jetpack is such a simple scheme, and the overall colors feel a little easier on the eye.
  23. Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Aug 11, 2013, 5:48 PM - Re: Which Boba? #23

I have to put another vote for ESB.

In ESB Fett was cool. He stood up to Vader, followed the falcon, captured Han, and got away with the bounty scott free. In the SE he stood around. In ROTJ he...well we all know what happened. I did two ROTJ costumes and I love the paint but this time I had to go back to the heady days when no one knew who he was, or where he came from. All we knew was that he was a ******!!

ESB all the way!!
    Aug 11, 2013, 6:52 PM - Re: Which Boba? #24

I have to go ROTJ special edition. You get the awesome ROTJ armor and look with the ESB helmet (definitely the best helmet). It's the best of both worlds!
    Aug 11, 2013, 6:54 PM - Re: Which Boba? #25

Of course, you should pick the one you like the most. That is all that matters. Do what makes you happy!