Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bloodsport Studios

Re: Bloodsport Studios

I actually owned a set of one sided tools & they were pretty thick casts. I don't know who the original maker was since I purchased them second hand here. I never really gave it much thought as to why they were one sided since it is much easier to make a one sided mold & cast them that way.

Two Questions:

1.Was bloodsportstudios Banned for RECASTING?? OR just Sock-puppet accounts???
    2.And HAS ANYONE bought his JP:jet pack or his Gaunlets?? I mean are these all recasts he sells on EBAY??
    I'm looking to buy his shintools and just wanted more input from those that have already bought from him........as he does have good feed back.

and just an FYI I am in NO WAY wanting to start a recast debate....just want valued info on his Gaunlets, JP and shin tools....THANKS
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Jan 28, 2006 at 1:55 PM.

I'm waiting for some missing pieces... after 2 months

He was banned for the sockpuppet account.

Spideyfett said:
    Two Questions:

1.Was bloodsportstudios Banned for RECASTING?? OR just Sock-puppet accounts???
    2.And HAS ANYONE bought his JP:jet pack or his Gaunlets?? I mean are these all recasts he sells on EBAY??
    I'm looking to buy his shintools and just wanted more input from those that have already bought from him........as he does have good feed back.

and just an FYI I am in NO wanting to start a recast debate....just want valued info on his Gaunlets, JP and shin tools....THANKS

well, the stock greeblies i got from him were oversized and arrived broken, so i'd call that a bad sign...

Eskilax said:
    I'm waiting for some missing pieces... after 2 months
    2 months? That doesn't sound good....

tylerdurden said:
    He was banned for the sockpuppet account.
    Thanks....

I actually bought a JP resin BEACON and Stablizer a while back when he first started selling on ebay, and shipped in a week....they were kinda small but a decent cast, nothing a good paint job can't fix...

Anyone else?????

tk7602 said:
    well, the stock greeblies i got from him were oversized and arrived broken, so i'd call that a bad sign...
    That's two NO's..........
    it doesn't look good....

I know he's sold a few JP:jet pack on ebay, is there anyone here that bought one from him...?????

I know I know.....the old saying, "you get what you pay for". But I'm like everyone else....if I can get it cheaper and it's pretty decent, with just a little work involved....heck I can work with that...
    But if it's just plain "CRAP"????....that's what I'm looking for and would be most worried about before buying from him....

Thanks for responding..
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Jan 28, 2006 at 1:48 PM.

I also got a beacon and stabilizer from him. Arrived in a week and a half. Same thing you said Spidey. Decent cast. Nothing a little cleanup and paint can't fix.

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

I got my guantlets from him. I'm pleased with them. Everytime I emailed him, he got back to me within a day, 2 at the most. They will work fine for me. Of course they're not 100% screen accurate, but that doesn't matter to me. I also got my 1/8" sintra armor from him. Looks good to me. The cod piece had to be cut up and completely redone to get all the levels and curves along the inner legs. With the exception of the curve for the waist, it's flat with another piece to layer on top for the height. I spent a few hours and made a new one that looks correct. The knees needed a little work, again it's bent sintra. Put another layer on it, sand it and they'll work. I originally got Boba darts for the knees. Sent him an e-mail, mailed me the correct Jango dart.

I've had no problems, and with some modifications to some of the parts, they'll work just fine for my needs. Never seen the jet packs, but in one of his e mails he said they would be light weight. That's all I know. I got a good deal on :jet pack from Cruzer. (thanks Cruzer)!

Well I know that he states in his auction for the Jet Packs that it's a "presale" auction so no one has received them yet.

Also I believe Eskilax purchased and received the gauntlets from him, and they were of low quality.

I especially like this statement from his gauntlet auction " Buy from the original maker of resin guantlet kits Since 2002, any others out there are recasts of my work!!" Now I'm not positive that they are recasts, but claiming that any others out there are is just a bit shady. He's also been a member on ebay since May-06-05

Jango newbie said:
    I've had no problems, and with some modifications to some of the parts, they'll work just fine for my needs. Never seen the jet packs, but in one of his e mails he said they would be light weight. That's all I know. I got a good deal on :jet pack from Cruzer. (thanks Cruzer)!
    THANKS....
    SO I guess if you like a little "elbow grease" involved like i do then his stuff is, at most, "Decent"? Would that be a good word? Or how bout "USEABLE"??

Still interested in his JP....I think I'll shot him a "Question for Seller."

THANKS ALL:thumbup

Icedevil said:
    I especially like this statement from his gauntlet auction " Buy from the original maker of resin guantlet kits Since 2002, any others out there are recasts of my work!!"
    ...Yeah I thought that was "interesting" too....

From
    The miserable mill

This guy is a loon from all the PMs I've gotten about him and the quality of work I've watched change on his website.

I often just to web searches and ebay searches for new Fett sellers and I cannot tell you how many times I encounter some recaster that is posting pictures directly from here! and other costumign forums.

The first red flag was he was selling CA boots on his website for $169.
    Now, if you can't do math, he's making a monster profit on those.

And his jet pack? I wouldn't doubt if he's posting pictures of the on he is recasting, because that definately seems like the issue here.

I hate when threads degerate into sock puppet and recasting accusations but there is some very solid proof here that he is recasting or reselling others works.

1. 1 sided shin tools. Because it's a way for the ones he recasts to not look like the originals, and it's faster.
    2. Presell auctions are showing false images
    3. His statements about being an originator and other people are recasting his work?!? lol. that's very very....dumb to have to back yourself on
    4. only sock puppet account praises, because any real people thought his work was so so, or shifty
    etc. Just review this thread, the guy is not a safe bet.

-=QuinN!

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

In my own experiences, I'd give a 6-7 out of 10 rating. That's just my opinion. Would I buy from him again? Didn't have a problem the 1st time, probably, depending on the item. I got a fair amount of product at a resonable price, for someone who's not interested in being 100% screen accurate.

No, I don't know the guy.

From
    Hartville, Oh.

I do own a set of his shin tools. They are marginal IMO. They are 1 sided, and need some work to look good. The squeegie is pretty cadi-waumpis, and it is a solid piece. I would give them a 7 out of 10. There are only 3 as well. It took about 3 1/2 weeks for my stuff to arrive. A little long IMO. If you want some pics, let me know.

From
    Twentynine Palms,Ca.

I bought one of his cod pieces and am very happy with it. It arrived just as he said on his site. It needs a little clean up work and customization but, I'm doing a custom mando anyways. Just my 2cents worth.

From
    Chicagoland

If anyone buys from this person, don't come crying to TDH! There is plenty of good artist here to deal with, not that shotty recaster that was banned for being a butt puppet.

From
    Irvine, CA

yes i have already cried here because of BS. thankfully i found you guys :-)