BG's ROTJ build WiP

BG's ROTJ build WiP

One day I officially announced to my wife that I was gonna start a Fett build. She asked me why I always had to pick the most complex costumes to do. I guess I'm just a glutton for punishment. Got my bucket in recently from Buck Rogers on the 501st sale thread. I read in the 501st requirements that there has to be a translucent lower piece in the rangefinder topper. The rangefinder topper I got was just 1 solid piece. Is there a way to paint the lower piece to give it a translucent look? Worst case I'll just get another bucket from someone here and use my current one for painting practice. I have a flightsuit, vest, spats, and collar on order from Arkady. The Jetpack and boots are also on order from MoW. I went ahead and started a few parts from pepakura but the parts I already finished may be replaced by the parts I got from the Cargo Hold not too long ago. The shin tools I got from a Jango friend of mine. They need some cleaning up but it's 1 less thing to worry about. I know it's one of the more difficult builds because of the details but I'm hoping my OCD will help me with the accuracy. I feel like I need to sell a kidney to get funds for more parts that are needed.

From
    Las Vegas NV

Re: BG's ROTJ build WiP

Nice man welcome to the insanity

Get out while you can... Save yourself. Take up the guitar, piano, computer programming, Game Of Throwns...

Onto a great start. Looking good.

I got some gauntlets but I may be looking at more work than I want on them. I tried looking around for any measurements to make sure the keypad was the right size and how long the flamethrower housing was. I was somewhat concerned about the tube housing on the right gauntlet and how I was going to work that. If needed I could just cut off that housing and attach a fiberglassed pep replacement part. Thoughts on these being usable?