best paint?Subscribe
    Jan 14, 2010, 1:28 PM - best paint? #1

hey guys ive been searching the forums the past few days looking to the best paint to use to paint my esb ee-3 i just got. this is the first time im attempting to paint a blaster so i have no clue what will stick on and not flake off and for the chrome tip of the barrell im dumfounded

thanks in advance

2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 15, 2010, 10:21 PM - Re: best paint? #2

What material is your blaster? Resin? Metal?
    For painting a resin blaster, I'd first recommend a good primer. If you can find a "self-etching" primer it will give you a really good bond for your top coat. I've gotten good results on resin with both Krylon semi gloss black and Rustoleum high-temp black.
    Chrome. . . that's another story. You have to have an extremely smooth black base to get a good chrome effect. That means lots of sanding/wet sanding with very fine grit. Can't remember the last time I tried to paint chrome. Maybe someone else can recommend a particular brand that has worked well.
  4. Member Since
    May 2006
    Jan 15, 2010, 10:26 PM - Re: best paint? #3

I would go with Alclad Chrome for simulating a chrome finish. All the rattle can versions out there just don't cut it.
    Jan 16, 2010, 11:51 AM - Re: best paint? #4

If you have access to Humbrol paints, you can go with them. Donīt know about the chrome though. Get a flash tube? What I love about Humbrol is the they will hold out and not really chafe or be ruined. I painted my helmet with it and didnīt even need to clear coat it.
    Jan 16, 2010, 3:43 PM - Re: best paint? #5

thanks. i look into gettin a flash tube, i used krylon fusion on the gun and it seems to work pretty good so far. oh and it is a resin gun i forgot to mention that