I love Radio Shack...
In one afternoon, I picked up all the parts I needed to install a light into my psberetta/serenity beacon on my MLC2.
Here is the parts list:
Mini Krypton Flashlight Lamp (272-1150, $2.85)
Blinking LED Module (276-299, $4)
Hook-Up Wire (278-1224)
Heat-Shrink Tubing (278-1627B)
2 AA Batteries
I stumbled across the LED module in an RS outlet store, and wondered if it could used as a base for the beacon light, as it included a battery case with an on/off switch. I'm unable to find this item on their website, but found this image through a Google search. Weird.
1. I cut off the tiny circuit board/LED assembly, which left me the red and black power wires.
2. Solder a few inches of red/black wire to the leads on the Krypton bulb. Cover the soldered area with small pieces of shrink tubing, heat-gun them, and covered these two with a larger piece of tubing.
3. Slip two small pieces of shrink tubing over the bulb side power wires, and a larger piece over both the wires on the box side.
4. Solder the red and black wires from the bulb assembly to the box assembly wires.
5. Slip the two smaller pieces of tubing over the connections and heat-gun them in place.
5. Slip the larger piece of tubing over the smaller two and 'gun it in place.
6. Add Industrial Strength Velcro to the back of the battery box and to the inside of the pack, and you're ready to roll!
NOTE: To keep the assembly from sliding out of the beacon (due to gravity), add a small drop of hot glue where the wiring comes out the base opening.
Here are the pics of mine. The Krypton bulb is super bright!
Let me know if you have any questions!