Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
    Mar 13, 2005, 10:58 PM - "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #1

look at what this ****** is trying to sell: Boba's blaster on eBay

and look at the price! you could get a resin kit from starfortress for less and more accurate!

Mar 13, 2005, 11:09 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #2

His items are full of false statments, He is selling a Tusken rifle that is just an inaccurate for way to much as well, and a batman begins chest emblem, which is cool but only one problem batmn begins doesnt have a chest emblem its embedded into the armor.
    Mar 13, 2005, 11:12 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #3

A. The only "blueprints" are that of a real Webley, and
    B. That is a poor representation of a Webley.

The most notable innaccuracy is the lack of the MPP flash tube on the barrel tip.
    Mar 13, 2005, 11:20 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #4

exactly... what a ****** =)
    Mar 13, 2005, 11:35 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #5

I've Known Webelys, I've handled Webelys, Hell, I own a couple..... that my friends is a piece of @#$%*&@! And a bad piece of it to bat! Wait, let me pull myself off the floor, I can't stop laughing...... still laughing.... wait, wait........no, still laughing....annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd! OK I'm done
    Mar 14, 2005, 8:28 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #6

1,500.00 for THAT!!! I feel ill!!!
    Mar 14, 2005, 8:38 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #7

I just wrote him saying IF He doesnt rewrite that I'm turning it into eBay. That IS NOT anything close to the webley in the Empire Strikes Back. I hate people that try to pawn there to bit crap as a real deal, after careful thinking I have decided He has pissed me off.
    Mar 14, 2005, 9:28 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #8

WOW! Check it out!

That my friends is what I call a REAL NICE PIECE OF S#IT!!!!
    Mar 14, 2005, 9:55 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #9

To quote a certain whiney farm boy from Tatooine:

"What a piece of junk!"
    Mar 14, 2005, 10:03 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #10

Usually, when I wake up on Monday mornings, I'm in a bad mood to begin with, and seeing this auction sent me over the top. I just sent this to the seller:

"You might want to reword your auction, as there are no 'original bluprints' to the Fett rifle. The original prop was built around a vintage Webley & Scott flare gun, it was not designed specifically for the films. In no way does the 'prop' you're trying to offload resemble the flare gun, or any screen-used Fett rifle. Any true movie prop collector knows this, and you should be ashamed for trying to sell this 'prop' for so much money. Far better, more accurate kits are available for less than a quarter of what you're asking. Good luck on your auction, but if anyone bids or wins this, then it shows that they know less about this particular prop than you do."

I'll let you know if I get a response.
    Mar 14, 2005, 10:50 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #11

Do you think that guy as actually seen any of the movies? If nothing else he certainly cheered me up.
    Mar 14, 2005, 10:54 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #12

I've just seen this right below his item on ebay

removed link

kind of makes his look even worse if that's possible
    Last edited by Bactab0y; Mar 14, 2005 at 11:25 AM.
    Mar 14, 2005, 11:19 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #13

For a $2889 BIN price it should be constructed from all real parts and a real original blued Webley!! It miiight fetch such a price IFFF all those parts were original.

Yeah,...this made my Monday

Steve
    Mar 14, 2005, 11:19 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #14

Nevermind. Thanks!
    Last edited by phantomfett; Mar 14, 2005 at 12:19 PM.
    Mar 14, 2005, 11:28 AM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #15

SORRY :o

I forgot about the live auctions thing, so i've removed the link. Sorry again if I annoyed anyone. :o
    Mar 14, 2005, 12:54 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #16

he responded to my question:

Dear erganomulos,

You asked:
    "lol... 'from actual blueprints' what a load man... if you look at pictures from the movies, you will notice that your gun does not look like the gun used by Boba. actual blueprints... ha!"

His response:
    As you might know there is not just one gun that used in all of the starwars films and yes they are from the actual blueprints so I guess its lol on you.

also, look at the other crap this guy is selling... that modern art looks more like crap art, and only if you replace "art" with "hole"... so, yes, it's a crap hole.

edit: I'm a terrible speller (my girlfriend helped me spell "terrible")
    Mar 14, 2005, 1:13 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #17

I just noticed this seller also changed his user ID in the last 30 days. He may have had some rough feedback and is trying to start over...
    Mar 14, 2005, 1:56 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #18

Me- Hello, there was a recent flux of halfbaked props circulatiing around eBay, This is not a good thing and I have recently came around your auction and in the interest of the prop and costuming community I must take action so that noone will be scamed by a false representation of a product you claim to be a real Webley and scott flare gun, from its original blue prints? No such thing.

I suggest you reword your auction or eBay will be informed, and trust me You wont win.

.................................................. ....................
    No answer.
  19. Mar 14, 2005, 4:05 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #19

... very impressive piece?!? who does this guy think he is? its looks like a lego gun made with pieces of wood you could find laying on the ground! blueprints? probably self drawn. no way that gun is worth the price he's selling it for. i feel sorry for any one who wants to buy this piece of crap!
    Mar 14, 2005, 4:09 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #20

No kidding, you could buy a complete professional Fett for that, or a Vader.
    Mar 14, 2005, 6:03 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #21

His response to me:

"thank you for your comments i think your time would be better spent washing your anarak or maybe trainspotting than insulting other peoples work if you are not interested in this item i would appreciate if you would not waste my time with your petty emails. the replica was not based around the webly gun but a much earlier concept design!! have a nice day"

So of course, I replied:

"I am absolutely not interesting in purchasing your 'prop'. My interest lies with the eBay community, and with those would might be duped by your deceptive description. You told me this item was 'based on an earlier concept', but your ad states the blueprints were used 'in the film'. Sorry, pal, but now you're back-talking. By the way, you've become a laughing stock over at the Dented Helmet, a forum for those prop collectors who know a replica Fett rifle when they see it.
    http://forums.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=6319

And by using sarcastic language in your earlier response, you've ticked me off just enough to go ahead and report your auction to eBay. With luck, maybe you can change your user ID yet again. "
    Mar 14, 2005, 6:07 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #22

go ninja, go ninja, go!
    Mar 14, 2005, 6:09 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #23

Can you believe that attitude! Get's caught out and STILL tries to cover his back! Just goes to show eBay can be a great place for parts, but you need to keep your wits about you at all times.
    Mar 14, 2005, 7:03 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #24

OMG! That is just too funny. Im just jelous because I couldnt glue some PVC together and paint it.

He has no Webley Skills.....

I just emailed him too. If anything TDH keeps people honest on Ebay when it comes to props. LOL
    Mar 14, 2005, 7:03 PM - Re: "... based on original blueprints..." my ass! #25

My friend just emailed him and said he needed more cowbell lol.