Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Feb 14, 2003, 10:02 PM - Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #1

If I don't post about it, I won't get anything done. So here goes:

Made with Simplicity #9806, cropped at the lengthen/shorten lines.

Spent much of my Valentine's evening taking out the zipper in back. The material I used is stretchy enough that I can just pull it over my head. I'm going to alter the back seam when I so it up again to make it a little more fitted.

Up next: the grey "skirt," because I already have some costume suede for that. Should be able to do that Monday.
    Feb 14, 2003, 10:04 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #2

Off to a good start SP!!!

3. Feb 14, 2003, 10:33 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #3

Ooo-ooo, I have visions of pigtails poking out from under the helmet! I love the look!
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2002
    Feb 14, 2003, 10:44 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #4

MegalomaniacalMandalore wrote:

Ooo-ooo, I have visions of pigtails poking out from under the helmet! I love the look!
    Yeah I knew it...MMM is still not over female Fett Clone # 2 ( the one with the hair coming out just underneath the helm).

StormTrooperPrincess, keep it going! Bring Barbie Fett to life!

5. Ego
    Feb 14, 2003, 10:59 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #5

MMM's got his eyes focused elsewhere!

Nice lookin' work SP . . . I say again . . the best damn lookin' board on the net.

Jer
    Feb 15, 2003, 8:47 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #6

We may want to get MMM a bib. Either way great work STP. Cant wait to see the final product.
    Feb 15, 2003, 9:23 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #7

Looking good SP.

Yup, keep the progress pics coming...

Jodo
    Feb 15, 2003, 9:31 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #8

It's gonna be awesome SP!
  9. Feb 15, 2003, 10:33 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #9

It's not so much that my eyes are focused elsewhere as they are focused on someone else. You animals knock it off now .

Hey, Princess. Does this mean there is no jumpsuit? I'm getting curious about this. This doesn't look like the makings of a Femme Fett like BKBT's impressive outfett for his wife. Or maybe I can't visualize it yet. Did I miss a drawing or cartoon somewhere where the basic look was outlined? This is a most refreshing alternative to the Fett community IMHO. Please keep us posted.
  10. Feb 15, 2003, 11:37 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #10

Thanks, y'all.

MMM, you mean you've completely missed seeing Blastech's sketch of this? http://tdh.prop-planet.com/viewtopic...c=2181&forum=1

I'm not much a a pig-tails person, but that's always something to consider.
  11. Feb 15, 2003, 11:43 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #11

D'uh! I only needed a bit of public self-embarrassment, and a good kick in the head by you, Princess, to remind me of that thread. What in the heck was I thinking (or rather, NOT thinking)?
    Thanks for the wake-up and reminder Princess. Yeah, that'd be a great look.
  12. Feb 16, 2003, 2:31 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #12

That's what I'm here for, to give nice, swift kicks in the head when needed.
  13. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2003, 7:08 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #13

Like it so far. Loking forward to seeing more
    Feb 17, 2003, 3:16 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #14

Hey STp I can't see the pic
  15. Member Since
    Feb 2003
    Feb 22, 2003, 6:22 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #15

awsome, like this dude said i dont see were its going, but mabe its cause im used to bkbt's wifes Feme Fett costume, but hey you could have something great instore for that costum. keep it up!

"A good bounty hunter allways gets the job done.or else he becomes the hunted"
    Feb 22, 2003, 2:50 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress #16

Click the link above and see how the costume is gonna look. That's where it's goin
  17. Mar 3, 2003, 9:00 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress: Skirt #17

The sides just snap together. I can't decide if I want to make side "flaps" to fill in the space or not. (As an added bonus, the other skirt I made this weekend: http://www26.brinkster.com/leiacost/SWskirt/index.html )

And for all you people who think I'm making BKBT's femme Fett version, I can't believe y'all forgot what the lavender and yellow design looks like! For shame.

<font size="1"::mod edit:::fixed your link code
  18. Mar 3, 2003, 11:49 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #18

Two words;

gulp

yikes

Mar 4, 2003, 6:16 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #19

Grandma Fett'd tell you that you'd catch a cold wearing it.

Looks good!

Si
    Mar 4, 2003, 6:45 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #20

Hey StormtrooperPrincess I like the skirt and I would definatly go with out the flap on the side, definatly no flaps. It will allow for more ventilation so you dont get hot yeah thats it so you dont get hot.

Im just kiddin but really im sure it will look good with or WITHOUT the flaps. I like the other skirt too looks like it fits right in with all the stuff you see in the stores today.

Keep the pics coming.
    Mar 4, 2003, 8:19 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #21

That's going to be one bold & daring costume there STP!

I like it!

Mar 4, 2003, 11:00 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #22

Reminds me of the loincloth I made for my Tarzan costume 3 years ago (oops, did I just admit to that in public?).

Keep it up, can't wait to see more
    Mar 4, 2003, 11:33 AM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #23

24. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Mar 4, 2003, 1:53 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #24

Calm down boys, there will be a jumpsuit on underneath it I like it and would keep it true to the picture and not put anything on the side. It's not like you won't have anything on under it so I would leave it as is. I do think you may need it shorter- hard to tell since you don't have a front pic but from the drawing, it appears that the bottom tip of the cod piece is seen from under the skirt. Again- can't tell if it is since you don't have a front view of it.
  25. Mar 4, 2003, 2:36 PM - Re: Barbie Fett: soft parts progress---Skirt pictures up! #25

Remind me to arm myself with an extra blaster at DragonCon...

Yeah, Mirax, I noticed that about the length last night. When I cut it out I had just guessed on that measurement. Won't be hard to shorten it later on, though, if it needs it.