Subscribe
    May 23, 2008, 6:07 AM - Armor question... #1

My buddy was lookin to buy this Boba armor & modify it...he was looking on the official starwars costume site @ the delux boba fett costume.
    It looked pretty decent, but it wold need to be moded out alot to look better....what do guy's think about it?

This is the link...

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...52_2003_912595
    May 23, 2008, 6:17 AM - Re: Armor question... #2

Does your mate just want to use this as a Halloween costume? If so erm.. yeah I suppose?
    But for costuming? Me personally 'wouldn't bother'

Isn't the armour foam?
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    May 23, 2008, 6:50 AM - Re: Armor question... #3

Ok, while that is one of the best costume I've seen sold anywhere, I', afraid I'll have to agree with Mojo-Fett here. Halloween, yes, if you are on a budget. But if you want to modify it to decent one, better do it completely from scratch.. Looks like you'l have nothing of this left after you modify it. Tell your buddy to come here and he will find help on the matter.
    Cheers, Ville
    May 23, 2008, 9:16 AM - Re: Armor question... #4

You really dont want to wear that suit, trust me.

One bend the wrong way and the seams will tear. Ive been told its a rather common occurance. Plus if you dont wear anything underneath.....
    May 23, 2008, 9:30 AM - Re: Armor question... #5

Quote Alcfalath said: View Post
    You really dont want to wear that suit, trust me.

One bend the wrong way and the seams will tear. Ive been told its a rather common occurance. Plus if you dont wear anything underneath.....

WOW, there's an image I did NOT need....I mean a cheap Fett in Skivies. Lord lets hope there is Skivies!!!

I'm with them. All of the "Officially lisenced" stuff comes with the absolutley worst looking things like "Boot Covers". I won't even let my 11 year old son wear that stuff. Not trying to bash anyone for doing it or anything because overall...The More Fetts The Better!!!! Fett On!!!
    May 23, 2008, 12:40 PM - Re: Armor question... #6

Thats what I was thinking...what he wanted to do was cut the top off so that he at least has the armor on the shirt. Then just get the flight suit from some where else, he has the rubie's helmet.
    Do you think the armor is atleast decent???

I will be sewing on better pockets & belt poskets from blue prints from the forum.

He was mainly worried about the armor, hes not to sure with heat molding plastics, but I can re-paint it with damage & weather it....but like I said he really just wants the armor.
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2006
    May 23, 2008, 1:23 PM - Re: Armor question... #7

Well, it really depends on the budget. Have you seen any other pictures of that suit? Tha armor plates and the gauntlets do look good for a start, but I fear that when your buddy decides to buy this, he will be very, VERY disappointed when he sees it in person. I bought a rubies helmet few years ago, and the picture gave better impression of the product than it really was. Trust me, If you want anywhere decent suit, DO NOT bother with that. You have found THE resource center for anyone with a serious FETTish. There are alternatives to heat molding, there are many fine examples done with trashcans in here. I my self went for that approach, but then decided to go for the harder route, metal. Try the searches, ask around, the help is here for you. Just do yourself a favor, and do this BEFORE buying that suit.
    Anyhow, if your friend wants a challenge, this will provide one. WOF's plans are far, far more easier route, and very, VERY good.
    May 23, 2008, 1:35 PM - Re: Armor question... #8

What size of a guy is he. I have a lot of Air Force issue flight suits form back in my flying days that I'm sure he could talk me into parting with one (super cheap) It would not be any more accurate but at least the material would be better and he could work with it. Just a thought.

Quote Roddie Fett said: View Post
    Thats what I was thinking...what he wanted to do was cut the top off so that he at least has the armor on the shirt. Then just get the flight suit from some where else, he has the rubie's helmet.
    Do you think the armor is atleast decent???

I will be sewing on better pockets & belt poskets from blue prints from the forum.

He was mainly worried about the armor, hes not to sure with heat molding plastics, but I can re-paint it with damage & weather it....but like I said he really just wants the armor.
    May 23, 2008, 1:36 PM - Re: Armor question... #9

BTW...Is this "friend" you that we are talking about???
    May 23, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: Armor question... #10

LOL...no, I thought about that when I was typing this up.
    My suit is all done but the Knee pads & the rocket pack witch is almost done...I wil post pic's as soon as I get it closer to getting it done.

How much for the flight suite...as for his size I would say like 5'11'' or 6''....& maby 160lbs or 170lbs. thats pretty close.
    May 23, 2008, 2:43 PM - Re: Armor question... #11

Chibi fett I used WOF's plans & some other I have found on here....I use the search before I go asking abillion questions.
    May 23, 2008, 4:36 PM - Re: Armor question... #12

You can make your own armour from the WOF templates and it'll be 10 times better
    May 23, 2008, 11:12 PM - Re: Armor question... #13

trash can armor is the best way for a budget costume. a rubies helmet should work as long as you install a t-visor.
    May 27, 2008, 12:47 PM - Re: Armor question... #14

I have a rubies helmet & yes the visor it came with is terrable!!!!
    where can I find a replacement one?
    May 27, 2008, 1:25 PM - Re: Armor question... #15

http://www.t-visor.com/
    May 27, 2008, 1:35 PM - Re: Armor question... #16

Sorry for the delay. All of mine would be nowhere near fitting him unless he is into the TommyBoy "Fat Guy in a Little Coat" look. I am 5'8" (5'9' around my wife) and was about 150 to 160lbs when they fit me. Sorry Brother

LOL...no, I thought about that when I was typing this up.
    My suit is all done but the Knee pads & the rocket pack witch is almost done...I wil post pic's as soon as I get it closer to getting it done.

How much for the flight suite...as for his size I would say like 5'11'' or 6''....& maby 160lbs or 170lbs. thats pretty close.
    May 27, 2008, 1:36 PM - Re: Armor question... #17

I got mine from t-visor off ebay and it ROCKS!!!!!!!!!