Subscribe
    Jul 16, 2007, 11:15 AM - Armor Accuracy (cod, butt, collar) - HELP #1

Well, I am in the middle of upgrading from BradleyFett's armor 4 years old vaccuformed, to BM fiberglass armor.

Right now, I am quite happy with the parts, but some of them requires to be bent a little to fit perfectly. In this case, the cod, butt and collar armor, don't fit quite correctly to my body (armor too big for my frame), but not sure how it fits compared with the BradleyFett's armor. Tried to bend the corners using a heat gun as recommended, but the armor just cracked in the near front of the cod, and also cracked one of the corners of the butt armor (luckily, this part goes covered by the corner of the cod armor).

I need to find out, and this time coming back to the vacuuformed version, who do you think does a close version of BM's armor (or most accurate version)...either in aluminum or vacuuformed? I was considering FP for the job.

Jul 16, 2007, 11:22 AM - Re: Armor Accuracy (cod, butt, collar) - HELP #2

Well, the real deal is vacced... vacced armor also will fit you better as it has some give to it.
    Jul 16, 2007, 11:46 AM - Re: Armor Accuracy (cod, butt, collar) - HELP #3

Robert, go with FP and you won't be disappointed. Couldn't agree more with evan4218.... vacced is definitely the way to go.