Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jul 19, 2007, 2:31 PM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #26

All the suits were white and then died and heavily weathered. In person it is almost a purplish brown with a light gray blue undertone... I think a light gray die will be fine as your base and then just build up lots of misting on it. The texture of the fabric is very important in order to get the right appearance.
  2. Jul 19, 2007, 4:31 PM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #27

I agree with Evan..

As I see it the original medium dark gray color has been washed and/or bleached again and again. This removed the brown tones from the dye leaving the dominate blue tones in the material..(brown+blue=black-brown=blue)
    Continued washing and/or bleaching will always leave the jumpsuit with a tint of blue remaining..

Blue and red are the most difficult tones to remove
    Oct 1, 2007, 10:24 PM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #28

Sorry to dig this up again, but I never saw these screen/studio shots till recently, and wanted to put these up for a couple reasons.
    I do see the blue very clearly in Boba's right sleeve, but I also wanted to post these for you ROTJ Fetts for other references, including top of the dome and shoulder armor shots.
    It's also interesting to see in the one pic how the collar and back plate are separating.
    One more notable, and I'm sure I've seen this discussed before, but I think you get a very good view of the "raised diamond" center piece in the chest armor.
    If these pics were posted and discussed previously, sorry bout that. (I'll blame too lazy to do a search )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob-11.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	20619   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bob-12.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	20620  
    Oct 9, 2007, 8:48 AM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #29

if that's the case with the seperated back and collar, what's holding the cape on?
  5. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Oct 9, 2007, 9:06 AM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #30

Quote thedustroom said: View Post
    This is one of my favorite quotes and I think sums it up:

"The goal of the costumer and the organizations that they belong to is to duplicate the way the costume looked to the audience. Not to the film crew."

Hey,

I really like that quote. Where did it come from? It really sums it up!
  6. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Oct 9, 2007, 6:21 PM - Re: It appears the ROTJ jumpsuit at M.O.M. is NOT gray. #31

Looks like it's coming from the jet pack hook.